Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jobless wrote: »
    i dont see any play button on this

It's probably for iPhone try this https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/how-stuff-works/behind-the-bastards/e/59498647

It's 2 parts, about 2hrs in total.

What happened with the previous court case and the sealing of documents and everybody immune from prosecution is unbelievable, talk about a sweet heart deal.
    There's one thing in all this and that's did all his clients actually know these girls were underage. I think it would be hard to prove, which probably means Jeff will take the wrap for everything.
    Still, Bill and Spacey on the same flights doesn't look good. Bill had 12 trips in one year and left his security detail behind a few times.

Trump called out Bills trouble in the clip a bit up and called out Jeff on a number of occasions stretching back nearly 20 years. I think he might have to fire Alexander Acosta if he's fingers are anywhere near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Trump called out Bills trouble in the clip a bit up and called out Jeff on a number of occasions stretching back nearly 20 years. I think he might have to fire Alexander Acosta if he's fingers are anywhere near it.

Well his fingers are right on it.

It’s true that they may not have known these girls were minors but nevertheless I don’t think society, if not the law, will forgive anybody named here.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

It’s true that they may not have known these girls were minors but nevertheless I don’t think society, if not the law, will forgive anybody named here.

Your faith in the US justice system and society needs recalibration.

https://www.democracynow.org/2014/4/1/headlines/du_pont_heir_avoids_jail_time_on_child_molestation_conviction

"A wealthy heir to the du Pont family chemical fortune has avoided prison, despite being convicted of raping his three-year-old daughter."

"Delaware Superior Court Judge Jan Jurden said Robert Richards IV should be spared jail time because he would “not fare well” behind bars."

Hobosan wrote: »
    Your faith in the US justice system and society needs recalibration.

https://www.democracynow.org/2014/4/1/headlines/du_pont_heir_avoids_jail_time_on_child_molestation_conviction

"A wealthy heir to the du Pont family chemical fortune has avoided prison, despite being convicted of raping his three-year-old daughter."

If not the law means the law might forgive, but society won’t. So I don’t trust the system.

Obviously the fact that Epstein was let off so lightly is telling, but it looks like the FBI want to get their guy.

If not the law means the law might forgive, but society won’t. So I don’t trust the system.

Obviously the fact that Epstein was let off so lightly is telling, but it looks like the FBI want to get their guy.

"The FBI want to get their guy"... Are you having a laugh?

• Advertisement

You do know Trump helped with the investigation and was thanked for helping.

I have know doubt he likes good looking women, in fairness what men with healthy levels of testosterone don't and I applaud the man for saying it. Men have never been as put down in society since Hillary lost. We need more men not afraid to swing their balls, we've a generation on our hands afraid to approach women and we have the most depressed women in the world. We've got it wrong acting like a country of democrats, RTE makes me want to move to Russia with their hate of trump and love of the Clintons.

You think the Feds have their guy and that guy is Trump...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Remember he was an acquaintance of Trrump, Prince Andrew and others.

Didn’t Trump ban him from Mar a Lago??

"The FBI want to get their guy"... Are you having a laugh?

Are you incapable of logic. In your last post you didn’t understand a simple sentence structure.

The FBI didn’t throw the last case. The prosecutors did. You should perhaps learn the difference between the two.

With the vacation of the last non prosecutorial agreement the cops acted quickly here.

You do know Trump helped with the investigation and was thanked for helping.

I was talking about Acosta.
    You think the Feds have their guy and that guy is Trump...:D

God almighty. Can anybody read here?

There are multiple suspects here. Trump is one of the least likely, given some of his “hints” as to what
    Epstein was up to.

But Clinton and Trump both need to be investigated and the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That this has so quickly been framed in party political terms is rather depressing. The man is a perv, his own history is known and damning

I would like to think that most sane people would like to see anyone who took part in Epstein's diddling punished severely.

If Bill Clinton was diddling, may he never see daylight. If Trump was diddling, may he get the same. If there were others that I've never heard of partaking in the diddling, lock 'em up for life too.

• Advertisement

peddlelies wrote: »
    Can only imagine the fallout that will happen if this implicates any well known higher ups. Please let them all be named and shamed.

I'd go a lot further. There wasn't just kiddie rape there. There was trafficking too.

Are you incapable of logic. In your last post you didn’t understand a simple sentence structure.

The FBI didn’t throw the last case. The prosecutors did. You should perhaps learn the difference between the two.

With the vacation of the last non prosecutorial agreement the cops acted quickly here.

"The FBI didn't throw the last case"

OK I'm with you here...

"The prosecutors threw the case"

Alarm bells, alarm bells, alarm bells.

"it looks like the FBI want to get their guy"

Hmmm, this sounds eerily familiar... where have I come across this sentiment before... and why am I expecting alarm bells?

It definitely means some democrats are likely in the firing line.

This kind of stuff is more about wealth than politics. It'll be bipartisan. What will be interesting is how it's handled by the parties. If, for example, Trump and Clinton are both wrapped up in this, the reaction of their respective parties and voters will be interesting.

Everybody who was on the island must have been aware of what was going on. I can’t imagine there were any total innocents on the planes.

The podcast mentioned Stephen Hawkings, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I really don't see why people are "Clinton/Trump may not have been involved, but it's more likely Trump/Clinton was!"

Anyone suspected of being involved or having knowledge of it should be fully investigated, charged and sentenced. If Clinton and/or Trump engaged in anything like that, lock them up. Throw them in the same prison. Have Saturday Night Live change it's name to "Bill & Don: (Cell)Mates for Life" and just do skits about them both until they're both dead.

Some things do not need to be politicised.

This kind of stuff is more about wealth than politics. It'll be bipartisan. What will be interesting is how it's handled by the parties. If, for example, Trump and Clinton are both wrapped up in this, the reaction of their respective parties and voters will be interesting.

Well, yes. We’re already seen some defensiveness here.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    This is a good article from last year which details just how serious his crimes were, and how he essentially got away with it back then. It seems to be at least partly responsible for shining a light on the whole thing again.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

The work of the Miami Herald can't be praised highly enough in this situation.

The bigger story from a couple of days before his arrest was a judge ruling that a load of the documents be made public, including names.

That's today, if I'm not mistaken.

"The FBI didn't throw the last case"

OK I'm with you here...

"The prosecutors threw the case"

Alarm bells, alarm bells, alarm bells.

"it looks like the FBI want to get their guy"

Hmmm, this sounds earily familiar... where have I come across this sentiment before... and why am I expecting alarm bells?

Because you don’t understand how the US legal system works? I don’t know. Nor do I know where you heard exactly what before.

If the FBI wanted to throw this case it wouldn’t have gotten to trial in the first place. They’ve done that before, I’m sure, particularly to protect sources or whatever, but not here.

There was a 53 page inditement. The prosecutor made a deal, that’s not the FBI.

But Clinton and Trump both need to be investigated and the others.

You can't help but throw Trump into it..Trump is on the prosecutions side if you haven't been paying attention.

Hillary's a wicked woman and should be locked up. I'm sure Tuburdy will have her back to cry for us if poor Bill gets his dues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Aka he is Bullet proof

Aye Alex Acosta, now Trump's Labor Secretary, was the prosecutor responsible for the ridiculously light Plea Bargain that Epstein took.

"Under the federal charges, Mr. Epstein could have faced life in prison. After the deal, he served 13 months in jail. He had work-release privileges for six days a week, 12 hours each day, during which a private driver picked him up and took him to a nearby office."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/07/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-trump.html

13 months and addition to the Sex Offenders register was/is and always will be ridiculously laughable for the crimes of which he was accused.

Because you don’t understand how the US legal system works? I don’t know. Nor do I know where you heard exactly what before.

If the FBI wanted to throw this case it wouldn’t have gotten to trial in the first place. They’ve done that before, I’m sure, particularly to protect sources or whatever, but not here.

There was a 53 page inditement. The prosecutor made a deal, that’s not the FBI.
    It's not a question of how the US legal system works, it's a question of 'if' the US legal system works.

I am inclined to be pessimistic in that regard under any and all circumstances.

If a child rapist can avoid prison, I feel justified in my pessismism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭rireland

You can't help but throw Trump into it..Trump is on the prosecutions side if you haven't been paying attention.

Hillary's a wicked woman and should be locked up. I'm sure Tuburdy will have her back to cry for us if poor Bill gets his dues.

Love Trump. Get goosebumps watching that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

trump was involved in this. at least one woman has filed charges against trump saying that he raped her when she was 13 at Epsteins.

trump was involved in this. at least one woman has filed charges against trump saying that he raped her when she was 13 at Epsteins.

Source?

Source?

Links to court documents and video testimoney are here.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1068605537246425088.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, there's a lot of smoke there alright. He went on one of his twitter meltdowns last night after the news broke. Even started harping on about the wall.

It will be interesting to see what comes out over the coming days. I think there's be quite a few famous names revealed between celebs and politicians of both US parties.

Penn wrote: »

my links discusses that court document and also has video testimony.

• Advertisement

Yeah, there's a lot of smoke there alright. He went on one of his twitter meltdowns last night after the news broke. Even started harping on about the wall.

It will be interesting to see what comes out over the coming days. I think there's be quite a few famous names revealed between celebs and politicians of both US parties.

i think there is a bit more than smoke.

Advertisement