Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Turntable with preamp for a ORTOFON 2M RED CARTRIDGE

• 02-02-2019 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

I've had a Pro-Ject Debut III turntable 12 years and it's finally running out of steam (the platter is struggling to spin and having recently replaced the motor after which it worked for a while it is back to the same problem). So I'm in the market for a new turntable in the €200-350 (£175-270) range. It should have a built-in preamp as I don't have a separate phono stage. I don't need USB output.
    Thing is, I recently upgraded the cartridge to an Ortofon 2M Red (and accompanying counterweight) which I would like to reuse. I have a Primare I21 amplifier and B&W 804 speakers.

So any recommendations for the new turntable based on the above? So far I like the look of the Fluance RT81 and I also really like the look of the Rega Planar 1 Plus, though this would probably be outside of my budget.

Thanks in advance,
    Daire
    .Hi there,

First post here. Thanks for reading!

I've had a Pro-Ject Debut III turntable 12 years and it's finally running out of steam (the platter is struggling to spin and having recently replaced the motor after which it worked for a while it is back to the same problem). So I'm in the market for a new turntable in the €200-350 (£175-270) range. It should have a built-in preamp as I don't have a separate phono stage. I don't need USB output.

Thing is, I recently upgraded the cartridge to an Ortofon 2M Red (and accompanying counterweight) which I would like to reuse. I have a Primare I21 amplifier and B&W 804 speakers.

So any recommendations for the new turntable based on the above? So far I like the look of the Fluance RT81 and I also really like the look of the Rega Planar 1 Plus, though this would probably be outside of my budget.

Thanks in advance,
    Daire

Tagged:

Advertisement