Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Danzy wrote: »
    An overweight man who drank and smoked too much, spent 25 years in stressful situations, had a history of heart trouble.

He dropped dead when his door was bashed in, the last thing he suspected.

He thought it was as safe a place as he could be so he had files and electronic devices wirh him.

What's implausible.

Epstein comitted suicide too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Epstein comitted suicide too!!

He was no Epstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    That's kind of ironic because the first part of your post makes you sound exactly like a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theory nut

Listen up paulie, I’m definitely not one of those and if you understood my last sentence , it should have explained everything ! I’m just delighted the scumbag is dead tbh ... it was great news to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

hawkelady wrote: »
    Listen up paulie, I’m definitely not one of those and if you understood my last sentence , it should have explained everything ! I’m just delighted the scumbag is dead tbh ... it was great news to hear

Authorities made sure of that. I agree. No need explain yourself, the media puts it out there as instructed to by the authorities as majority of people are passive and believe it. Look at the push back you got already, people in general are idiots and authorities know it. Smoking drinking 50 something year old dies of a heart attack after his door is banged in... That description applies to a large population of Irishmen...Who would believe that? Nonsense. The Quinn thing is a mess and has been for a long time, authorities sending out a message and disposing of a headache....Whoever doesnt believe that will be waiting for Santy next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Authorities made sure of that. I agree. No need explain yourself, the media puts it out there as instructed to by the authorities as majority of people are passive and believe it. Look at the push back you got already, people in general are idiots and authorities know it. Smoking drinking 50 something year old dies of a heart attack after his door is banged in... That description applies to a large population of Irishmen...Who would believe that? Nonsense. The Quinn thing is a mess and has been for a long time, authorities sending out a message and disposing of a headache....Whoever doesnt believe that will be waiting for Santy next month.

You having a laugh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

I sort of agree, something very sketchy about Dublin Jimmy's death.
    It's not adding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

Where's everything at with the kinahan/Hutch situation? Is it still getting the same amount of attention from the Gardai if most of the main players aren't really around anymore? Seems like other feuds are more volatile at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

6541 wrote: »
    I sort of agree, something very sketchy about Dublin Jimmy's death.
    It's not adding up.
    He was a highly strung scumbag that smoked a lot and was very overweight and prone to anger outbursts. Maybe the Police were also winding him up, but my guess is that they raided he got angry and had a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Robert Keogh got 9 years and he thanked the judge as he was sent down.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Robert Keogh got 9 years and he thanked the judge as he was sent down.

Is that the fella that was scamming lads on boards for the football tickets too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is that the fella that was scamming lads on boards for the football tickets too?

I think it was.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

€1.4m of cocaine seized in Drogheda today. When will these idiots learn that violence and feuds only brings a clampdown on their operations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

I think it was.

No different person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

No different person

There's confusion over the Robert Keogh chap being sentenced over guns and another chap arrested over scamming All Ireland tickets called Wesley Brennan.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/ontherun-allireland-final-ticket-fraudster-is-arrested-yards-from-croke-park-38496589.html

One of them apparently used to be a frequent poster on this forum using a very similar username to Mark Wahlbergs character in Boogie Nights.

Both are very very bold boys and a quick google will show recent cases of their scumbaggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭NorthCity

This is from the Herald , Can't do links i'm new :

A 37-year-old Dublin criminal who was found with 60 firearms in his car at the port of Dover in England last month is due to appear before a district court this morning on separate fraud-related charges.
    However, Robert Keogh will not be present in Dun Laoghaire District Court today because he is locked up in the UK and facing a lengthy custodial sentence there.

The Herald can reveal that gardai plan to "finalise" their case against Keogh today, even though he will be absent.

The convicted conman has paid not one cent back to his victims, even though he promised to reimburse them at a court sitting last September.

Groomed

"This fella is likely to be jailed for up to a decade in the UK next month, so it is highly unlikely at this stage that the three victims in the latest case will ever get any cash off him," a senior source said.

"Gardai are still trying to get to the bottom of the gun seizure in the UK, but are in no doubt Keogh was groomed and promised all sorts while serving a jail sentence for his conman activities.

"He might be considered as something of a soft touch in the world of organised crime, but there is no doubt that this individual has hurt a lot of people with his crimes."

Dun Laoghaire District Court previously heard that the gambler and serial conman duped football fans into handing over money for non-existent tickets to Premier League matches, but promised to repay his victims.

Keogh (36) told gardai "I can't apologise enough" when questioned about the scam.

At Dun Laoghaire District Court last September, Keogh admitted six counts of inducing others to hand over cash with the intention of making a gain, on dates between December 2015 and September last year.

Judge Anne Watkin adjourned sentencing to allow Keogh to bring compensation to court, but the victims have not been paid.

At the time, Keogh was serving a 12-month sentence after he admitted similar offences before Dublin Circuit Criminal Court in April last year.

Keogh, of Hazelbury Green, Clonsilla, conned his victims out of a total of €1,950 after he advertised the fake tickets online.

They lost their money after meeting him and handing it over.

He told them they would get the tickets for Liverpool matches later.

The incidents all took place at agreed meeting spots, mostly in hotel car parks in the Leopardstown area.

Keogh was due for release from prison last January. Seven months later he was busted in England with the huge guns haul.

Debt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Where the **** are the mods. Football tickets? Guns seized in Dover? The Quinn Group? The knitting club is back in full swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭NorthCity

According to Gardai Keogh was groomed in prison here in Ireland by a criminal gangs to import 60 hand guns , How is that not relevant to this thread , This thread would dry up and vanished if it wasn't kept ticking over by occasional slightly off topic entries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Hoboo wrote: »
    Where the **** are the mods.

They've been shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

breakingnews.ie/ireland/disgusting-to-suggest-our-evidence-is-unreliable-garda-tells-defence-barrister

"A surveillance garda has told a barrister defending a man on trial for conspiracy to murder that it's “disgusting” to suggest their evidence is unreliable"

Anyone here following the trial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Tippsman wrote: »
    breakingnews.ie/ireland/disgusting-to-suggest-our-evidence-is-unreliable-garda-tells-defence-barrister

"A surveillance garda has told a barrister defending a man on trial for conspiracy to murder that it's “disgusting” to suggest their evidence is unreliable"

Anyone here following the trial?

"Disgusting"

That rings a bell

Martin Callinan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The court won't give a fcuk whether it's disgusting or not, just if it's legal. I must say it's some gamble. He'll get hammered if found guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

Twister2 wrote: »
    "Disgusting"

That rings a bell

Martin Callinan

First thing that came to mind.
    pablo128 wrote: »
    The court won't give a fcuk whether it's disgusting or not, just if it's legal. I must say it's some gamble. He'll get hammered if found guilty.

True that but state evidence is shakey, the rest got 8-12 but they were caught with guns.

An alleged suspect in the Garth hutch murder has move from Turkey to Dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Where the **** are the mods. Football tickets? Guns seized in Dover?

I don't understand your issue with his post, Considering the accused in that story is someone that used to post here :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

EMPunk wrote: »
    I don't understand your issue with his post, Considering the accused in that story is someone that used to post here :confused:

It's not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's not!!!
    Sure sounds like the same person. the court seems to think they are.

A 37-year-old Dublin criminal who was found with 60 firearms in his car at the port of Dover in England last month is due to appear before a district court this morning on separate fraud-related charges.
    However, Robert Keogh will not be present in Dun Laoghaire District Court today because he is locked up in the UK and facing a lengthy custodial sentence there.

Dun Laoghaire District Court previously heard that the gambler and serial conman duped football fans into handing over money for non-existent tickets to Premier League matches, but promised to repay his victims.

No wrong person. It is another lad from tallaght who was posting as DZ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

EMPunk wrote: »

Whether he is or not, he was caught smuggling guns into Dover. If we discussed every international story about gun smuggling the thread would be named International Gun Smuggling.

Mod note in the first post..."Please keep this on the topic of the shootings."

Who also happens to be a conman

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Whether he is or not, he was caught smuggling guns into Dover. If we discussed every international story about gun smuggling the thread would be named International Gun Smuggling.

I presume you've reported any posts you feel dont belong here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Wouldn’t 60 hand guns be handy for shootings? What else would they do with them? You can be quite certain that some would have been destined for Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement