Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hap

• 18-10-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello!

I'm looking for some help around HAP if anyone has any knowledge it would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to it.

Started hap in april as I was on ce scheme, in June then I got a part time job so I notified them and my weekly rent contribution went up a little as I had more income.

I have now secured a full time job which I will start in a couple of weeks. We have couple hap, and we will now be earning more than we initially were but not enough to pay our rent fully and live paying Bill's and buying food.

Is there a possibility hap will cut us off? Do we need to get out???

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi, welcome to Boards :)

I'm moving this to the State Benefits forum because you're much more likely to receive advice there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Kt8989 wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm looking for some help around HAP if anyone has any knowledge it would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to it.

Started hap in april as I was on ce scheme, in June then I got a part time job so I notified them and my weekly rent contribution went up a little as I had more income.

I have now secured a full time job which I will start in a couple of weeks. We have couple hap, and we will now be earning more than we initially were but not enough to pay our rent fully and live paying Bill's and buying food.

Is there a possibility hap will cut us off? Do we need to get out???

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

The HAP income ceiling for a couple varies from county to county.

See here for the income limits (it's dated 2016 but is still valid):

https://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/table_with_2016_income_limits.pdf

(note the limits for 2 adults on the second page.)

Advertisement