Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Population increase

• 30-03-2018 7:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi, I am wondering if anyone is interested in the area of the Ireland 2040 plan where the population is expected to grow by 1 million people.

I assume it is from immigration. It would be the fastest change in population since the famine! Are we able for this? - I don't know.. I think we should have a debate on it, what do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

At the rate of births per head of population and Brexit I think we will have enough growth of population from these islands without even considering immigration.
    And the burning question, where are the houses for 1 million? we can't even house 5.000 homeless.....

Advertisement