Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

wuffly wrote: »
    Thanks Teggers, wouldn't dream of buying it new, they look fab though! Wasn't even looking at them 2nd hand to be honest but I'm thinking this is reasonable and handy and one big thing out of the way.

I think I'd go for it if I were you! They are crazy money to buy new. My husband has been browsing for the sites for a good bargain already!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Mine was googling last night and was getting pretty traumatized at the prices. 'They cost more than my first car' :eek:

Lol its true! Even today that money would buy a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

My advice for buggy would be a BIG BASKET but then again I live in a city where we don't have a car so the buggy is how I bring the groceries home!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Kathy22 wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on? We had a bit of a scare last night, I had bad pains that became unbearable so went to A&E. After what seemed like an eternity I got to see a doctor. Baby is fine. I sobbed my heart out. Turns out its constipation and trapped wind. The pain was and still is horrible but will go away I'm told once it calms down. As long as baby is OK I don't really care about the pain. Hope everyone else is getting on OK. Delighted to now be in the second trimester.

I had the exact same happen to me. I was in work and had to leave I felt like someone punched their fist in my stomach and twisted my insides for a few mins. It would stop and start again for nearly two hours. I couldn't walk properly and every time it happened I felt winded. I was around 7/8 weeks so obviously thought the worst. Never ever felt pain like it. Anyway headed to a and e too, only for them to tell me I had trapped wind. Cringe!

• Advertisement

Thank Lucuma, it looks to have a nice bit of room underneath, although to be fair it probably looks big to a person that has no clue how much stuff a baby needs to travel with! lol!

We went and a had a proper look at travel systems last night to get a better idea of what's out there and cost. OH was all technical making sure its easy to fold/bits are simple to change and not too heavy etc.. Decided to go with our friends one, for the price, the extra's and the fact it's been totally cleaned I think we'd be hard pressed to get a better deal. One big thing out of the way!
    Think we'll have a bit of a reality shock when we get it into the house :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

God I haven't even thought about buying things yet. I was hoping there would be some deals in the winter sales. What is the average price for a good travel system? I was going to start doing some research of things we need to buy as I honestly have no clue. We just finished our new house and will now need to rejig the layout and move the study so the baby has a room. Has anyone decided to find out the sex yet? I was adamant I would but now not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

Hi all, My in law have a buggy and car seat for me so i am sorted :-) my friend will give me the cot , baby transat and other thing . So I am lucky enought that i wont need to buy much.
    We will ask for the sex in our december scan as i prefer to have the room ready. We bought a house recently and the room where the baby is going to be is pink eventhough i know that baby wouldnt mind the color.

Thank Lucuma, it looks to have a nice bit of room underneath, although to be fair it probably looks big to a person that has no clue how much stuff a baby needs to travel with! lol!

I'd usually have all the baby's stuff in the nappy bag, which is hanging from the handles of the buggy. So the basket I use for my own stuff and shopping....which can be considerable :)

Found out sex yesterday another cailin for us....

Lucuma wrote: »

Found out sex yesterday another cailin for us....

Yay... a little girlie!!
    We're not going to find out the sex of our baby although it'd make things a lot easier when buying the bits and pieces!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Excuse my crude language but how does the poo get out then, must be some bit of it at the bottom of the bump

Ah right ok, that's your intestine, attached to rectum which obviously is below the bump. You meant stomach as a description of general digestive system, I thought you meant actual stomach as in the bit that food goes into where food is broken down, I was wondering how it would be under the bump when all organs get shoved upwards and it's up high anyway! :)

Ah right ok, that's your intestine, attached to rectum which obviously is below the bump. You meant stomach as a description of general digestive system, I thought you meant actual stomach as in the bit that food goes into where food is broken down, I was wondering how it would be under the bump when all organs get shoved upwards and it's up high anyway! :)

I dunno. I was getting food poisoning cramps under my bump anyway one day late in the third trimester. Only had them for 1 day and they coincided with other food poisoning symptoms (won't go into details) so I self diagnosed.

Your statement made me google a diagram of the various body parts and where they get shoved to in late pregnancy. As you say the stomach is above the bump, intestine seems to be squeezed in behind it!

So it must have been the very lower part of my lower intestine experiencing the food poisoning cramps that time then......
    Either that or I was having Braxton hicks and put it down to food poisoning!

I thought I didn't get any Braxton hicks but now you're making me doubt myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My friend thought she had food poisoning cramps....baby born 3 hours later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So having a may baby, really the last person who expected to have a baby :D
    Really dont know how to react to it, like my heart nearly exploded when the baby jumped during scan. Right now Im just hearing every latin name from my girl before my surname to find the perfect one :cool::D

Congrats Astonaidan! Hope alls going well for you!

I haven't been sick for three whole days! I am so excited! :D Still a bit nauseous but hoping we've turned a corner!
    Gyne apt today hoping she does a little scan while we are there!

Congrats and welcome to the group Astonaidan. You know it's a girl so?
    Wuffly that's great news !!! Hurray!!! Honestly there's nothing worse than that all day nausea.....
    hopefully you're entering the purple patch of pregnancy now so :-)

How are the back sleepers getting on? I'm using my Lidl body pillow now and tossing and turning to beat the band. From one side to another. What's interrupting my sleep now is that my nose gets blocked and I have to breath through my mouth and then I wake up from the dry throat and have to take a sip of water!
    I remember this from last time argh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Congrats and welcome to the group Astonaidan. You know it's a girl so?
    Wuffly that's great news !!! Hurray!!! Honestly there's nothing worse than that all day nausea.....
    hopefully you're entering the purple patch of pregnancy now so :-)

How are the back sleepers getting on? I'm using my Lidl body pillow now and tossing and turning to beat the band. From one side to another. What's interrupting my sleep now is that my nose gets blocked and I have to breath through my mouth and then I wake up from the dry throat and have to take a sip of water!
    I remember this from last time argh.....
    Dont know the sex yet, we just have decided on the name for a boy already :D

Thanks Lucuma, congrats on your little girl! Any names in mind?

I swapped sides of the bed to try and help with the sleeping on the left, i can't seem to get into it all. Going to get one of those pillows at the weekend. We are in the spare room at the minute due to termites and dodgy AC in our room :mad:
    Had a 16 wk apt on sunday although 17 wks today and dr said she'll prescribe me something if the sickness comes back, she is going to looking to something for my skin as it seems to be getting worse neck is getting dry and flakey as well :eek: If I drink anymore water I'll need to move into the bathroom!

Went ahead with the travel system, bit freaky, safely hidden in the spare wardrobe for now!

So.. since last weekend my nausea has gone altogether and my energy levels are way higher. I was beginning to think I'd never feel normal again. But now that I am I have a new problem, I'm worrying that the pregnancy to progressing alright?! I am a worrier by nature though so I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind and stay positive!

teggers5 wrote: »
    So.. since last weekend my nausea has gone altogether and my energy levels are way higher. I was beginning to think I'd never feel normal again. But now that I am I have a new problem, I'm worrying that the pregnancy to progressing alright?! I am a worrier by nature though so I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind and stay positive!

I was bit like this until my Dr apt on sunday, I panicked a little as we'd agreed to take the travel system, i wasn't feeling sick and I starting thinking all sorts. I think it was my hormones a bit, have been ok so far but they really send me on a roller-coaster sometimes. Once I heard the little heartbeat I was grand again. I'm sure all is ok, do you have a Dr apt soon?

• Advertisement

Get a doppler

Thanks Lucuma, congrats on your little girl! Any names in mind?

Went ahead with the travel system, bit freaky, safely hidden in the spare wardrobe for now!

So which travel system did you go for?
    I never got to go travel system shopping :( Got two hand me down travel systems last time and one of em is an old Phil & Teds (double buggy) so will be using that this time. I said to my husband it's really sad I never got to do the whole shopping for a travel system thing and he said ''No it's not, we never had to pay for one!" which is a good point.

Yeah I have my names in mind coz my last one was a girl so the names this time around are the ones that didn't make the cut last time around. All irish names ...think I know which one I want but hubby vetoed it last time so I'm going to have to be cunning in how I get it through this time. I have a cunning plan !! ;););)

We went with my friends bugaboo and maxicosi cabriofix car seat, we didn't really go shopping just went and looked at a few the night before we looked at hers. I would love to go new but just can't really justify it, and if i went shopping I would probably set my heart on something mental expensive! ;) She was really good and knocked more off the price so we're pretty happy with it. Should have seen us walk out with it, managed to whack a few doors, thank god there was no child in it :eek:

We're not going to find out but I'm thinking its a girl, mostly Irish names in mind, vetoing everything the OH is coming out with god help him! Good luck with the cunning plan!:D

I'm sure all is ok, do you have a Dr apt soon?

Yeah I have an appointment next week with the GP so hopefully I will relax after that for a little while anyway :)

Get a doppler

Are the cheaper ones any good do you kn I will Lucuma or would we need to be spending big money?
    My husband is mad to get one

Are the cheaper ones any good do you kn I will Lucuma or would we need to be spending big money?
    My husband is mad to get one

I'd say they're all the same. Get a second hand one on Adverts?
    It's funny I didn't feel that one bit this time around (worried that nausea stopped) all I felt was utter joy and relief.

Once you're safely over the 12 week mark the chances of a miscarriage are extremely small, highly unlikely. It's totally normal for the 1st trimester symptoms to disappear as the placenta takes over progesterone production (from the corpus luteum) in fact it would be abnormal for those symptoms to carry on well into the 2nd trimester (except for the very unlucky few) so everything you've experienced is normal, normal, normal. You'll be grand!! Enjoy it and be happy those nasty symptoms are gone!! :)

We went with my friends bugaboo and maxicosi cabriofix car seat, we didn't really go shopping just went and looked at a few the night before we looked at hers. I would love to go new but just can't really justify it, and if i went shopping I would probably set my heart on something mental expensive! ;) She was really good and knocked more off the price so we're pretty happy with it. Should have seen us walk out with it, managed to whack a few doors, thank god there was no child in it :eek:

We're not going to find out but I'm thinking its a girl, mostly Irish names in mind, vetoing everything the OH is coming out with god help him! Good luck with the cunning plan!:D

which type of bugaboo? Did you get an isofix base with the Cabriofix? (only useful if your car has isofix of course!) I also used a Maxi cosi Cabriofix on my dd. It will get you to 1 year at least (unless you have a monster child). I assume the connector for clipping the maxi cosi into the buggy was included in what your friend sold you? I bought my maxi cosi (2nd hand from a friend) and I had to order the connector to get it to click onto the Phil & Teds from the Phil & Teds website.

My cunning plan is ....there was another name last time that OH hated....so I'm going to pretend now that my heart is set on it. He hates it and no way jose will he let me name the child by this name (it's the irish for my name and he thinks this is vain) and at the last minute I'll go OK SO ....if I HAVE to I suppose I could consider a different name how about X? (x being the actual name I have in mind) and he'll see it as lesser of two evils and go for it. Will this plan work?! :P:P remains to be seen....I've already started calling the baby by the name he hates-hates though just to get him going and get the plan started !

Once you're safely over the 12 week mark the chances of a miscarriage are extremely small, highly unlikely. It's totally normal for the 1st trimester symptoms to disappear as the placenta takes over progesterone production (from the corpus luteum) in fact it would be abnormal for those symptoms to carry on well into the 2nd trimester (except for the very unlucky few) so everything you've experienced is normal, normal, normal. You'll be grand!! Enjoy it and be happy those nasty symptoms are gone!! :)

I know you are so so right. I'm just letting my imagination run away on me.
    I really should be enjoying this time before the discomforts of the third trimester are here!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Lucuma, great news you are having a girl. Do you already have a daughter? That will be so nice, sisters are always close. I am finally over my kidney infection. God it was horrible and something I do not want to have again! I am slowly trying to sleep on my side, I bought a pregnancy pillow in argos and i find if i sleep on my left and hug my leg around it I stay on my side, otherwise I end up on my back again. I find no matter how little I drink before bed I always wake up around 5am to go to the bathroom, ALWAYS! I am also hugely bunged up and wake up gagging for air. A new thing for me is nose bleeds as my nose is so stuffy. I am hoping this is not something that lasts for the entire pregnancy.

I had to go in for a check-up this week due to some minor bleeding and got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. It was amazing, the spine and bones have formed so it looked more like a human than my last scan. Not too long now to wait till the next big scan :)

• Advertisement

which type of bugaboo? Did you get an isofix base with the Cabriofix? (only useful if your car has isofix of course!) I also used a Maxi cosi Cabriofix on my dd. It will get you to 1 year at least (unless you have a monster child). I assume the connector for clipping the maxi cosi into the buggy was included in what your friend sold you? I bought my maxi cosi (2nd hand from a friend) and I had to order the connector to get it to click onto the Phil & Teds from the Phil & Teds website.

My cunning plan is ....there was another name last time that OH hated....so I'm going to pretend now that my heart is set on it. He hates it and no way jose will he let me name the child by this name (it's the irish for my name and he thinks this is vain) and at the last minute I'll go OK SO ....if I HAVE to I suppose I could consider a different name how about X? (x being the actual name I have in mind) and he'll see it as lesser of two evils and go for it. Will this plan work?! :P:P remains to be seen....I've already started calling the baby by the name he hates-hates though just to get him going and get the plan started !

Its the cameleon, seems simple enough to put up and down and click in all the bits. Plenty of room underneath it, the material has draw string so its practically a duffel bag. Didn't come with the isofix base they have the family fix which works for the next size up so they are still using it. At the moment, neither of our cars have isofix anyway, its not standard here and wasn't something we thought of when buying. I have found an easyfix base online which can be fitted with the seatbelt and works in a similar way, in that its easy to pop the car seat in and out. Got an extra cover for the car seat, a brolly (more for the sun here) and a travel bag and few other bits. Will probably only use the travel bag for the first trip home, but handy to have, apparently great for stuffing with other bits!

Sounds like a plan on the name! I think I could get away with calling the baby Bob at the moment! With the sickness OH has been very worried, I'd been trying not let on too much but he always manages to hear the worst of it. Was very sick again last night and this morning, don't know what the sprog is at!

Advertisement