Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

Anyone know what exactly the training involves. I've only applied for Donegal office so very unlikely to get a job. However I'm curious about

1. Nature and location of training
    2. Duration of training
    3. Support available in terms of reimbursements

I've heard varying reports on all above items

I would also hope that, given the current climate, majority of training could be performed remotely

AO have relevant degrees so formal training won't be given initially, unlike EOs and HEO's and AP promoted from other departments who have 2 years ITI training/diploma from the off

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Just finished my interview. Certainly more difficult than I was expecting. I thoguh I'd be asked very open questions to display certain competencies that would allow me to give any example that highlighted the competency. And I prepared for that. A lot of my examples were irrelevant because of the specific phrasing of the question.

However i found it to be much more specific. For example, i had mentioned in the interview that i was recently promoted and quite a few questions drew from this e.g. tell us how your promotion changed how you interact and communicate. This was very difficult to answer as my day to day job was largely unchanged with some exceptions.

Board were very good and helpful in trying to draw out answers but Imust say it was a challenge. There were at least 3 questions I could not give examples of so quite disappointed. Glad it's all done and dusted though. I'm hopeful of qualifying for the board but I certainly don't expect a high placing

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

I did my Interview Monday & your response sums up my own experience.

Felt very complex questions asked & the board didn't really ask much about my specific example, they used the outline of examples given in the A part of the Competency & zoned in very much on little details here.

The board were very nice & helpful but very intense & tough questions.
    Mine lasted nearly 50 minutes, longest Interview I have ever done. I also had 2-3 questions I couldn't answer so your not alone with that.

Glad it's over, best of luck to everyone who has the interview still to come & best wishes with results to everyone in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

It really sounds like they have increased the intensity of the interviews since week 1. Well done on getting through them and best of luck with the results

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Madamhindsight

3002 wrote: »
    I did my Interview Monday & your response sums up my own experience.

Felt very complex questions asked & the board didn't really ask much about my specific example, they used the outline of examples given in the A part of the Competency & zoned in very much on little details here.

The board were very nice & helpful but very intense & tough questions.
    Mine lasted nearly 50 minutes, longest Interview I have ever done. I also had 2-3 questions I couldn't answer so your not alone with that.

Glad it's over, best of luck to everyone who has the interview still to come & best wishes with results to everyone in general.

Totally felt the same. Very much focused on the experience example section. Intense for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Does anyone know how many came of each panel last year ie how many were appointed from tax/accounting/data/law? All I can find is that 77 AO's were recruited.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many came of each panel last year ie how many were appointed from tax/accounting/data/law? All I can find is that 77 AO's were recruited.

Many of that 77 were taken from PAS open and Revenue AO IT panels too. I'd guess it was something like 35 tax/Acc, 5 data and 5 law, 20 IT and remainder from PAS open panels(gen/fin/econ panel) 13ish. But outside of Dublin and Limerick I can't see anything but AO Tax/Acc placements(I'm open to correction) the other work isn't really based in regions(the few exceptions have little turnover in staff)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Ollie321 wrote: »

There's very little benefit in looking at things like that to try to guess what's going to happen with future panels. It's entirely dependent on what vacancies arise over the life of the panel. What can / will happen with recruitment from this competition will be heavily influenced by Covid and Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

There's very little benefit in looking at things like that to try to guess what's going to happen with future panels. It's entirely dependent on what vacancies arise over the life of the panel. What can / will happen with recruitment from this competition will be heavily influenced by Covid and Brexit.

Correct and it should also be noted that there has been a much higher number of retirements in the last number of weeks and this will continue for the rest of this year - a number of factors have contributed to this including a massive recruitment campaign exactly 40 years ago and the 2% restoration which became payable on 1 Oct.

While it is unlikely that any of these retirees were at AO level there is a massive knock on effect from AP/PO retirements.

Is this week the last week of interviews or is there more next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 redbarndoor

I think the last interviews will be held on Monday next. Definitely a very chellenging interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Galantis wrote: »
    Is this week the last week of interviews or is there more next week?

Nearly sure someone mentioned on this thread earlier that they had an Interview on Monday 19th & someone else tried to change their interview to later in the month & they were only allowed to push it out to the end of this wk so thinking nxt Monday the last lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Have the interview finished up. Hopefully we will have results in the next couple of weeks. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Anonire wrote: »
    Have the interview finished up. Hopefully we will have results in the next couple of weeks. Best of luck everyone.

Hopefully, I see on the 2018 AO thread that interviews were done by 30/01/19, results out on 04/02/19 & offers made on 08/02/19. May not be as quick for this one, if going by all the other stages of the competition!!

Are interviews definitely over since Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I had my interview on tuesday. I found it much tougher than the 2018 one. Doubt I'll be getting through

At one point, i asked them to rephrase a question 3 or 4 times and i still had no answer. Just felt like I couldn't get up a head of steam with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 redbarndoor

Take comfort from the fact that everyone found the interview very tough - definitely the most intense that I've ever done. They seemed nice / fair people though and they'll know that everyone found it really challenging. Hopefully we get the results one way or the other soon.

Rikand wrote: »
    At one point, i asked them to rephrase a question 3 or 4 times and i still had no answer. Just felt like I couldn't get up a head of steam with it at all.

I had the same. Its only one question out of many. You never know.not all but alot of people had the same feedback if this thread is anything to go by they can't fail everyone surely.

I had the same. Its only one question out of many. You never know.not all but alot of people had the same feedback if this thread is anything to go by they can't fail everyone surely.

Very true. I haven't heard many who have said it was an easy interview and they have to take this into account along with the current covid situation.

Very true. I haven't heard many who have said it was an easy interview and they have to take this into account along with the current covid situation.

In fairness to them they are usually quick enough to process results

• Advertisement

In fairness to them they are usually quick enough to process results

Ya they are to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

When you are on the panel, what exactly is the process for filling job positions.

Would people on panel be invited to interview for a vacancy? Or would you simply be offered the job?

I assume a number of candidates would be invited to apply to a vacancy and then interviewed? If so, is the interview likely to be similar to recent Skype interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 West17

We have done the final interview so if you are on the panel and they get to your number and location you will be offered the position

Hopefully we hear this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Hopefully

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Hopefully ��

hopefully :pac::pac:

Any internal applicants have an update? Think there is some system where you can see the status saw it mentioned on a different thread a while back?

Hopefully they will put us out of our misery soon either way.

Best of luck everyone.

Any internal applicants have an update? Think there is some system where you can see the status saw it mentioned on a different thread a while back?

Hopefully they will put us out of our misery soon either way.

Best of luck everyone.

The only note after the competition name is results of interview to be issued. That is only telling you the stage they are at but not giving a timeframe ie interviews have been completed.

• Advertisement

The only note after the competition name is results of interview to be issued. That is only telling you the stage they are at but not giving a timeframe ie interviews have been completed.

Ah thanks for that. Was worth a shot.

Advertisement