Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PUP Re-apply and Holiday Pay

Options
  • 16-10-2020 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was receiving the PUP until July when I returned to work. I work for a small concern with approx 12 employees.
    When the recent Level 3 Restrictions were introduced myself and 3 others were let go again until Company is fully back up and running.

I was told that as I was owed some Holiday Pay (and money due for the Bank Holidays which occurred during the original lock-down) I should wait until this money is paid before re-applying for the PUP.
    In other words, I was let go a week ago, but told I should wait until two weeks have elapsed before re-applying for PUP as my Holiday Pay (and Back-payments) mean that I am still working.
    Does this seem correct, or should I have re-applied for PUP on my last day of "official" employment ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Apply for PUP immediately and put your last day of employment in as the last day you actually worked. Holiday pay won't be taken into account for PUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saskiaharpe

I'm in a similar situation. Temp layoff but I have 20 days of holiday pay this year.
    What date should I put when I apply for PUP? Last day working or the last day where I will be paid holiday?

There's no info about this on the official gov websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm in a similar situation. Temp layoff but I have 20 days of holiday pay this year.
    What date should I put when I apply for PUP? Last day working or the last day where I will be paid holiday?

There's no info about this on the official gov websites.

OK This complex so here goes, you can not be in receipt of any wages (of which Holiday pay forms part of) whilst on PUP.

I say this as I've seen a number of incidents were PUP recipients have been contacted to explain why they are in receipt of payments from employers whilst on PUP. Turns out these were payments for time owed, holidays etc and whilst ligitimate payments, it raised a flag. Revenue supply regular payroll data with SW and it's crossed checked.

As an alternative and say you anticipate having to wait a few weeks for Holiday payment, I would sign for last day of employment but be sure to have any payslip issued afterwards clearly showing holiday payment at the ready just in case SW query it.

A better option is, you could ask your employer to hold off on any holiday payments which personally I did and made sense at the time, until you return to work. I appreciate this not simple if fully loosing job.

There is zero information available on this topic but it is clear NO EARNINGS ARE PERMITTED whilst on PUP. Slightly different criteria for self employed.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saskiaharpe

Dempo1 wrote: »
    OK This complex so here goes, you can not be in receipt of any wages (of which Holiday pay forms part of) whilst on PUP.

I say this as I've seen a number of incidents were PUP recipients have been contacted to explain why they are in receipt of payments from employers whilst on PUP. Turns out these were payments for time owed, holidays etc and whilst ligitimate payments, it raised a flag. Revenue supply regular payroll data with SW and it's crossed checked.

As an alternative and say you anticipate having to wait a few weeks for Holiday payment, I would sign for last day of employment but be sure to have any payslip issued afterwards clearly showing holiday payment at the ready just in case SW query it.

A better option is, you could ask your employer to hold off on any holiday payments which personally I did and made sense at the time, until you return to work. I appreciate this not simple if fully loosing job.

There is zero information available on this topic but it is clear NO EARNINGS ARE PERMITTED whilst on PUP. Slightly different criteria for self employed.

It's quite a grey area for me since the PUP form is asking for the last day you worked. But also it would make sense for the gov to cover this particular situation where most people have holiday pay that need to be taken by end of year.

Just for peace of mind, I will take all holidays first and will apply for PUP with last day worked being the last day of holiday.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's quite a grey area for me since the PUP form is asking for the last day you worked. But also it would make sense for the gov to cover this particular situation where most people have holiday pay that need to be taken by end of year.

Just for peace of mind, I will take all holidays first and will apply for PUP with last day worked being the last day of holiday.

Thanks.

It is a grey area and I only raise concerns as I've seen a number of people contacted by SW.

Honestly, I'd get signed up and hold your holiday pay back (obviously I appreciate employer may not be agreeable, but I don't see why), good luck regardless :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement