Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

august2020

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Congratulations Aveen. Hope you're doing well - enjoy the baby snuggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

You poor thing. Really dragging out for you. I'm ur opposite. No signs of anything. I'll be 40 weeks Friday, had appointment today and they tried a sweep but I'm "unfavourable" :-( looking like my c-section date of 14th might be happening if things don't change soon.

Oh bummer! My consultant is going to do a sweep next Friday if the baby hasn’t arrived yet! I will be 39 weeks.
    The heat is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Millem wrote: »
    Oh bummer! My consultant is going to do a sweep next Friday if the baby hasn’t arrived yet! I will be 39 weeks.
    The heat is a killer!

Ya heat definitely making things uncomfortable! Started getting twinges last night so hopefully I'll start soon. Fingers crossed sweep works for u. I'm in again Weds so will have sweep then if haven't gone.

Ya heat definitely making things uncomfortable! Started getting twinges last night so hopefully I'll start soon. Fingers crossed sweep works for u. I'm in again Weds so will have sweep then if haven't gone.

My maternity leave hasn’t started yet thank God! Would be raging now as am taking unpaid leave at other side! Got email from school asking all staff to come in and completely clear rooms eg empty your cupboards etc.
    I emailed saying I wouldn’t be up for it. Officially though unless you have a heart condition and are pregnant you should go in!!! There was a list of conditions attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Aveen wrote: »
    Had my little lady this morning by section, we're both doing well

Huge congrats enjoy those snuggles 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

Was admitted yesterday to UHW and awaiting theatre for a csection for low placenta and transverse baby.
    Dhusband is on the way and is allowednfor the section and in the recovery room after but will have to go home then. He is not permitted yto visit at any other time until we are being discharged :(
    Feeling nervous but excited. It's Baby Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

fatboy69 wrote: »
    Was admitted yesterday to UHW and awaiting theatre for a csection for low placenta and transverse baby.
    Dhusband is on the way and is allowednfor the section and in the recovery room after but will have to go home then. He is not permitted yto visit at any other time until we are being discharged :(

Oh best of luck, very exciting:)

Ah best of luck!
    My baby girl arrived yesterday :)
    Delighted all is done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah best of luck!

Congrats Millem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Our beautiful baby girl arrived safely on Monday!

Best of luck to everyone still to go :)

• Advertisement

Amazing!! Congrats :)

Wow it's all go on the thread today! Best of luck fatboy69. Massive congratulations to Plastic Heart and Millem!

I'm in tomorrow for a "Trial of Labour", basicially an induction but they are limited in how they can induce me as I've had a C-section previously. Hopefully will end in normal delivery rather than a second section.

Wow it's all go on the thread today! Best of luck fatboy69. Massive congratulations to Plastic Heart and Millem!

I'm in tomorrow for a "Trial of Labour", basicially an induction but they are limited in how they can induce me as I've had a C-section previously. Hopefully will end in normal delivery rather than a second section.

Best of luck history queen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

My god it’s all go on this thread :)

Huge congrats mileem and plastic heart. Enjoy the snuggles!!!

Best of luck fat boy and history queen. Hopefully ye will be snuggling up very soon!!

ahaaha wrote: »
    My god it’s all go on this thread :)

Huge congrats mileem and plastic heart. Enjoy the snuggles!!!

Best of luck fat boy and history queen. Hopefully ye will be snuggling up very soon!!

Thanks!
    I forgot that lovely newborn smell ;)

History queen thinking of you today.
    Hope you get started!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Had ouelr little angel yesterday..3-4 hrs it took but she finally arrived ! Missus doing well.

Ah best of luck!

Huge Congrats 🥳

Congrats :)

How is everyone coping with the newborn exhaustion the snuggles do seem to lessen the pain but I am struggling a bit with my toddler they have really started acting out since baby arrived :(

Best of luck to all still waiting to meet your little bundles x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Huge congrats to plastic heart & Millen
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

Best wishes to everyone

Hi Everyone, just to update we had a little boy born by emergency c-section under general anaesthetic on Thursday. I went in to spontaneous labour Wednesday night and he arrived safely, albeit dramatically, Thursday night. All well and happy to be home enjoying him and our new family dynamic.

Best wishes to all awaiting your little bundles.

Big congrats History Queen.
    Hope all is going well!!

Rosie we found going from 1-2 so unbelievably hard. Tbh it was the hardest thing I have ever done. My middle child never slept and had reflux. I was constantly feeding and absolutely wrecked.

This little girl actually seems to sleep!!! Touch wood don’t want to jinx it. It is actually grand. My husband is actually working from home this week and not taking paternity leave yet. The eldest boy is doing a hurling too so it’s grand I only have 2 kids to worry about from 10-2 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

I hope everyone is doing well, and the dust is settling for everyone. Just checking in as I kind of miss the updates and helpful advice!
    All going ok here, eating and sleeping good. Growing up far too fast. Sometimes I feel I lost the first month and didn’t enjoy it through the recovery, infection, tongue tie, excruciating bfeeding, exhaustion! But then I just have to remind myself it’s all ahead of me now with the already many many smiles and chats. My hormones have completely calmed and I’m recovering well but my pelvic floor needs a lot of work..... booked myself in with womens health physio just to get on the right road.

Anyways thoughts with you all xxx

ahaaha wrote: »
    I hope everyone is doing well, and the dust is settling for everyone. Just checking in as I kind of miss the updates and helpful advice!
    All going ok here, eating and sleeping good. Growing up far too fast. Sometimes I feel I lost the first month and didn’t enjoy it through the recovery, infection, tongue tie, excruciating bfeeding, exhaustion! But then I just have to remind myself it’s all ahead of me now with the already many many smiles and chats. My hormones have completely calmed and I’m recovering well but my pelvic floor needs a lot of work..... booked myself in with womens health physio just to get on the right road.

Anyways thoughts with you all xxx

Ah ahahaha I remember that fog on my first child. Breastfeeding was a disaster as I had to pump. Long story but looking back on it I should of just stopped and switched to formula. I was wrecked and in hindsight did not enjoy those first few weeks!
    My advise is do whatever suits you?
    Did you get tongue tie sorted?

All good here! Oh stop re pelvic floor. My consultant is big into those exercises....he is going to kill me next week at check up! I haven’t done them!!!! I really should with it being my third child!!!

Advertisement