Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jimm Corr King Lizard Tinfoil Hat Wearer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,774 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Indeed, often found the word "research" on a conspiracy forum means something very different - typically it infers reading conspiracy blogs and watching long conspiracy Youtude videos carefully crafted to steer viewers away from the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

9/11 and the JFK assassination are just bonkers when you start digging.

Have dug about as far as I can, particularly on JFK, and sadly, no.

Not to say there aren't some government conspiracies that are actually true - Iran/Contra, Operation Himmler, MKUltra, Operation Northwoods, The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment et al. Nearly everything about them.

But we know about them. Conspiracies involving a lot of people are almost always uncovered or at least have huge amounts of evidence. Not the case in 9/11 or the JFK assassination.

Theres also the fallacy of total competence that needs to be considered. People bizarrely believe that governments are really competent and are able to pull these things off when the reality is, well, have a look around the world at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ipso wrote: »
    In fairness there's some great mental gymnastics involved when conspiracy theorists support Trump, they think 9-11 was an inside job but then you have Trump placing a ban on people from muslim countries (excluding Saudi Arabia where the hijackers were from which also goes against being tough on terror).

How are they squaring the circle of being anti-vaxx but championing trump , who is pushing to speed up a vaccine and promising to buy 100m of them?

Then theres him being an anti vaxxer himself and claiming Biden will delay a vaccine if elected ( a vaccine he has said will be available before January when Biden would take over) His supporters really twist themselves in knots to not acknowledge the actual words he says.

It's weird on twitter when you see all the trumper anti vaxxers and they have zero mention of the covid vaccine when he talks about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

FIFTEEN MONTHS later.... How the tide is turning... How many people now disagree?

What tide is turning?

Corr is a basket case, 9/11 truther, anti-vax, anti-flouride, Qanon, the full conspiracy monty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Samson1

.... and the censorship continues - Boards will not allow you to "Thank" the original poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I remember looking him up back in the day when he started going full Icke.

Had stuff about the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" up on his site.

Wouldn't be shocked if he also was full on holocaust denier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,137 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is Jimmy C on any other social media af the moment? I had heard rumours he was going on Trumps new gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Imagine believing that Qanon actually exist! 😁

THATS what I call a conspiracy looney!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was able to thank the post. I subsequently removed it. Don't mistake your inability to click a button with a conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

Yes they are private entities but they control so much of the information market they should be the target of antitrust measures.

dont know a lot about Jim Corr but I doubt if he’s crazy enough to wear a mask on a deserted windswept beach or in a gale on top of the Hill of Howth.

(seen this many times)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Yes, it's something I'll never understand. Even worse when it's a young person.

For me covid is really a cultural thing. It's no surprise that Ireland is the country in Europe that has been under the harshest restrictions (endless lockdowns or semi-lockdowns, endless restrictions, endless threats of further restrictions, celebrity scientists and academics in the media 24/7). The reason is because it doesn't have a culture of liberty. That has resulted in an Animal Farm Dáil in which all of the political parties are identical, an Animal Farm media in which all of the media and news stations are identical, and zero opposition to government by models and restrictions based on models). England has a strong culture of liberty, however. It's full of people who know nothing about that culture of liberty, but there are enough people in the country still who care about it and know how important it is. A recent example was the 100 MPs going against Johnson's Plan B. Now it helps that Britain is no longer in the EU, but it's no coincidence that England stands almost alone, along with Sweden, which has a strong constitution, in Europe in terms of a degree of respect for civil liberties (even though it has trashed and damaged them a lot in the past year and a half).

And then there is Russia, where life is lived according to the 'avos'. It is the culture that exists there that prompted an Israeli gentleman to write the following:

"The casual, often fatalist approach to COVID-19 here is a world away from its treatment in the West, where people spend their days fearful that they could die today, tomorrow, or next week.

I don’t know if Russia’s approach is any better or worse, only that the everyday life in Russia can tempt you to believe the pandemic is not even happening. Briefly, anyway."

The reaction to covid goes hand in hand with the kind of culture, tradition, and society that exists in the country.

I left a mask on because it was freezing cold, and it was in my back pocket.

Some older people I know don't bother taking them off when they are out and about, it's no skin off their nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do you know what is really crazy? Believing that world leaders including the Queen of the UK are lizards in human disguises. On a different level of craziness to wearing a mask when not required.

The same Russia where masks are compulsory on public transport and in enclosed public spaces?

The same Russia where mass events and public gatherings are suspended, with the exception of a few for vaccinated people only?

The same Russia where where several regions require residents to present a covid pass to access various facilities and venues, including public transportation?

The same Russia where officials strongly advise citizens over the age of 65 and those suffering from chronic diseases to avoid public places and suspend personal contact with any persons outside their immediate households?

The same Russia who are currently bringing in a bill to allow regions to ban all non vaccinated people from public areas and just rolled back on a bill banning non vaccinated people from planes, trains and buses?

That Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Either way. Hes a hypocrite; preaching against covid certs while he has one

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

haha what a loser Jim is

Not standing up for Corr, why would I? I’ve no interest in him or what he has to say.

its most likely he only got vaccinated for the same reason as 99% others did which was to get a flight out of here.

Ive yet to meet anyone who got vaccinated because they were scared of dying. All the talk was of getting everyone vaccinated to get ‘our freedom’ back, that worked well didn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

You are missing the point .. Corr and his ilk have been pushing the 'poison' agenda .. now it's being shown as pure bullshit and the gullible people who listen to him are being shown for the mugs they are

you can be sure there are plenty of other high profile anti-vax mouthpieces who are vaccinated

but no doubt the sheep will keep defending them

• Registered Users Posts: 81,137 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If he had the US Covid pass the skills of a 12 year old child could create a fake one, zero security on it whatsoever, not even a watermark, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

He is the least good looking of the Corrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Is he flat earther?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

How does he recover from something that he doesn't belive exists?

Advertisement