Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Book recommendations for beginners

• 01-02-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi!
    I'm a total beginner at learning Irish, have been using the duolingo app until now, but I would like to maybe work through one or two books to stay in rotuine and learn a bit more and more profound. Does anyone have recommendations for me?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dara O Rourke

sweirdo wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm a total beginner at learning Irish, have been using the duolingo app until now, but I would like to maybe work through one or two books to stay in rotuine and learn a bit more and more profound. Does anyone have recommendations for me?
    Thanks!

Progress in Irish , Máiréad ní Ghráda is a handy little book. Teach Yourself Irish by O Sé is good too and comes with Cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sweirdo

Thanks, I haven't heard of those yet!
    There is apparently a really, really good and huge book that supposedly has all of the grammar in it, but that was incredibly expensive. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Ní dócha go bhfuil foghlaim gramadach an tslí don duine ag tosach an Gaeilge a feasú

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

sweirdo wrote: »
    Thanks, I haven't heard of those yet!
    There is apparently a really, really good and huge book that supposedly has all of the grammar in it, but that was incredibly expensive. :/

The progress in Irish one is a really good book. I found the lack of correct answers to questions and lack of sound files a bit limiting but you can find these on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sweirdo

Thanks! I'll definitely be looking around for a copy of that book. Maybe someone can also recommend some simple books to read in Irish? Children's books maybe? That might also help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement