Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Barr wrote: »
    What about all 4 and my 5 apps . Has anyone got these working on a tv .

All4 and My5 working for me, though All4 is different as it can be accessed here anyway just some shows can’t because of rights.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

TriStar6 wrote: »
    All4 and My5 working for me, though All4 is different as it can be accessed here anyway just some shows can’t because of rights.

We can’t actually access live TV on All4 in Ireland without DNS in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My all4 doesn't need a VPN.

Live TV in the all4 app certainly doesn’t work for me without using a DNS service, everything else in All4 works fine alright.

The problem with Prime for me seems to be something in the latest Prime Video app update, I’ve a Sony TV and the prime app updates itself in the background obviously. I had issues since last weekend logging in when using Getflix DNS. On Thursday after a series of emails back and forth with getflix, they suggested I uninstall the app and install it again, the app can’t be uninstalled for me, just the option to uninstall updates. I did that and after I opened it again and paired it back up to my Amazon account it would fine again. Well that was up until this morning when it wouldn’t allow me in again. So I went into the app settings again and I see it had updated itself, so after I uninstalled updates again, it’s back working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

OkeyDoke12 wrote:
    Any suggestions?

Aquos76 wrote:
    The problem with Prime for me seems to be something in the latest Prime Video app update, I’ve a Sony TV and the prime app updates itself in the background obviously. I had issues since last weekend logging in when using Getflix DNS. On Thursday after a series of emails back and forth with getflix, they suggested I uninstall the app and install it again, the app can’t be uninstalled for me, just the option to uninstall updates. I did that and after I opened it again and paired it back up to my Amazon account it would fine again. Well that was up until this morning when it wouldn’t allow me in again. So I went into the app settings again and I see it had updated itself, so after I uninstalled updates again, it’s back working.

There should be a way to disable automatic updates I would think? I don't know where that is but Google might know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Live TV in the all4 app certainly doesn’t work for me without using a DNS service, everything else in All4 works fine alright.

I Was thinking of the catchup service. You're correct about the live service requiring a VPN/DNS

Anyone having any issues trying to get Starvto appear on Disney+ while using Getflix?

Aquos76 wrote:
    Anyone having any issues trying to get Starvto appear on Disney+ while using Getflix?

Getflix is permanently on US Disney plus. It isn't possible to turn it off. I was on to live chat today. They've used this setup for over a year without much complaint because there was very little difference between US & the rest of the world. Today however the floodgates opened & half of the world realised that you can't get non US Disney with getflix. Send them an email to complain. The more that do, the quicker they will add a disney kill switch.

I have a virgin router connected to Google wi-fi. All I have to do is make sure I'm connected to the Virgin WiFi for Irish disney and star. For everything else I need to be connected to the Google wi-fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Can you not just go into your dashboard and turn off channel group c?

544738.PNG

• Advertisement

544738.PNG

From customer care :

"Unfortunately, we only support US and we are still working on other regions for future updates.
    To access it locally, you can disable your DNS so it won't detect it."

"The option you are loooking for is still being developed by our teams but no ETA yet allowing Disney + to make those changes yet,"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah had to remove Getflix DNS from my LG tv to get Star to work I will be emailing Getflix they need to give us an option to turn off US Disney like we have for US Netflix.

544738.PNG

Tried that, no luck unfortunately.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Getflix is permanently on US Disney plus. It isn't possible to turn it off. I was on to live chat today. They've used this setup for over a year without much complaint because there was very little difference between US & the rest of the world. Today however the floodgates opened & half of the world realised that you can't get non US Disney with getflix. Send them an email to complain. The more that do, the quicker they will add a disney kill switch.

I have a virgin router connected to Google wi-fi. All I have to do is make sure I'm connected to the Virgin WiFi for Irish disney and star. For everything else I need to be connected to the Google wi-fi.

The strange thing for me is that Star is appearing on my iphone which has Getflix DNS running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

this is the problem with most of the smart dns - i use smartdnsproxy and they have the same issue. Star not appearing on disney+ and we cant switch it off

this is the problem with most of the smart dns - i use smartdnsproxy and they have the same issue. Star not appearing on disney+ and we cant switch it off

They will bring out a kill switch for US Disney. 18 months ago US Disney is all anyone wanted. They didn't realise they had a problem until Star went live yesterday.

Expressvpn has a dns service that works for just about everything except UK Now TV if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Anyone k is how to eliminate a specific device from getflix dns? I have it entered on my router which is best set up for me but I’d like to remove it from ken tv and one iPad so they can stream Star

jarvis wrote: »
    Anyone k is how to eliminate a specific device from getflix dns? I have it entered on my router which is best set up for me but I’d like to remove it from ken tv and one iPad so they can stream Star

Can't be done with just settings as far as I know. You have set dns for getflix on the router so the signal from the router if via getflix.

I have virgin router with Google wifi connected to it. I changed the dns settings on the Google wifi. Anything connected to this has getflix / smart dns proxy. I have my TV on the virgin wifi for Irish Disney & my firestick on google wifi for all the US & UK content. I can't think of another way around it. 2nd router is needed

Can't be done with just settings as far as I know. You have set dns for getflix on the router so the signal from the router if via getflix.

I have virgin router with Google wifi connected to it. I changed the dns settings on the Google wifi. Anything connected to this has getflix / smart dns proxy. I have my TV on the virgin wifi for Irish Disney & my firestick on google wifi for all the US & UK content. I can't think of another way around it. 2nd router is needed

But....

You can setup getflix in the advanced WiFi settings on your Firestick so that it works just on the Firestick. Surely there’s a way to do the same but with a standard dns?

But....

You can setup getflix in the advanced WiFi settings on your Firestick so that it works just on the Firestick. Surely there’s a way to do the same but with a standard dns?

I'm no expert but I have been messing around with this stuff for years. I know a fair bit but there is always something I don't know.

Here's how I see it. Getflix DNS settings in the router means wifi signal it puts out is getflix dns. I can't see how you can make a signal that goes through getflix seem like a signal that goes through getflix.

Another option is don't use getflix on the router. Use it on individual devices like the firestick so some devices will be getflix & some wont

I'm no expert but I have been messing around with this stuff for years. I know a fair bit but there is always something I don't know.

Here's how I see it. Getflix DNS settings in the router means wifi signal it puts out is getflix dns. I can't see how you can make a signal that goes through getflix seem like a signal that goes through getflix.

Another option is don't use getflix on the router. Use it on individual devices like the firestick so some devices will be getflix & some wont

I know what you mean. It’s just a pain to setup on individual devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I have Getflix set up on Firestick but not on smart tv.

So Disney+ and Netflix app on tv is Irish and Disney+ and Netflix on Firestick is US.

Prime only really works on the Firestick as it's UK content.

jarvis wrote:
    I know what you mean. It’s just a pain to setup on individual devices.

Let's hope it is temporary. In fairness to getflix I don't think they realised that they had a problem until Star went live. We were all happy with US Disney. I hope everyone on this thread sends off an email to getflix. The more noise the quicker they will act

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just set that devices to use a different DNS? Cloudfares has a good rep I think 1.1.1.1. secondary 1.0.0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is iPlayer not working for anyone else? When I have the Getflix DNS added the BBC site won't even load. If I go back to my regular DNS settings it loads but obviously won't play.

Took out a test on smartdnsproxy and when I use those DNS addresses it works fine.

Oat23 wrote:
    Took out a test on smartdnsproxy and when I use those DNS addresses it works fine.

Smart dns proxy are owned by getflix. Same customer service etc but I find iplayer & NowTV work better on smart dns proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Watching iPlayer now no issues. Using dns on an LG tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

jarvis wrote:

I would have assumed that if you manually set the DNS on each of those devices, it will override the router.

Just set it to one of the public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

dubrov wrote: »
    I would have assumed that if you manually set the DNS on each of those devices, it will override the router.

Just set it to one of the public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

Tried that. Doesn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Tried that. Doesn’t work.

Are you using the router as a VPN or DNS service.

If you are using it as a VPN then the local DNS wont work

• Advertisement

dingding wrote:
    If you are using it as a VPN then the local DNS wont work

Using the router as dns means everything going through the router uses this dns regardless of the dns settings on individual devices using the router. When you set router to getflix you don't go around charging the dns on your devices.

The simplest option is to connect another router to the original router. This will give two separate WiFi signals in the house the original WiFi will not be connected to getflix. You connect to this for Disney Star & connect to the new router for UK and US content through getflix. I don't see any other easy option until they bring out a Disney kill switch.

Advertisement