Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭steveblack

300+ where up to the training school, so far only 5 have been good enough to be hired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

WTF
    I went for that driving assessment & interview 3 weeks to the day and have'nt heard anything back. And yes RX8, I was wearing a suit which I had bought especially for the day, €600 I'm out of pocket. If I don't get that job there's going to be trouble, BIG trouble., cause I'll never, never use Dublin bus again and I'll tell everyone I know not to use Dublin bus. CUT'S!!!! there will be big CUT'S then.

what a load of crap! I smell a troll

steveblack wrote: »
    300+ where up to the training school, so far only 5 have been good enough to be hired.
    thats unbelievable! any idea of how many people applied for the 70 jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 I lost me ticket

What troll?, 3 weeks to the day and have'nt heard nada. Passed the driving assessment, and I was then interviewed. Is it they just want to hire only moans, cause you have to agree that nearly all those Dublin bus driver's are cranky ****'s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Eh, I didn't say it. Read post #113 above.

Still just an anecdote.

• Advertisement

What troll?, 3 weeks to the day and have'nt heard nada. Passed the driving assessment, and I was then interviewed. Is it they just want to hire only moans, cause you have to agree that nearly all those Dublin bus driver's are cranky ****'s.

If this is the case you definitely stand a good chance of getting a job

coolbond wrote: »
    If this is the case you definitely stand a good chance of getting a job

Thanks, I probably will end up getting the DB job. If I do, I won't be stopping for you at the bus stop.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ireland_maxx

WTF
    I went for that driving assessment & interview 3 weeks to the day and have'nt heard anything back. And yes RX8, I was wearing a suit which I had bought especially for the day, €600 I'm out of pocket. If I don't get that job there's going to be trouble, BIG trouble., cause I'll never, never use Dublin bus again and I'll tell everyone I know not to use Dublin bus. CUT'S!!!! there will be big CUT'S then.

i had driving test i pass, no problem, i went to interview, was ok , and guess what ? i got today a letter what says that i fail , i call to H.R. to ask what's the story and they say that i fail my interview, bull****, is no fare chance there, if u know some one is good, they didn't let me to finish all process , i m very disappointed of Dublin Bus.
    And i was with the suit at the interview, not in jeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

steveblack wrote: »

Garda vetting takes a long time, I would say that goes part of the way to explaining why so few have started.

And employers can be extra picky right now, if the economy picked up they wouldn't be half as picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭rx8

Still just an anecdote.

Take what you like from it, but the fact is, I've seen them with my own eyes.
    If you are seriously looking for a job then you shouldn't turn up in Jeans.
    Also the Medical officer is shooting down a lot of applicants due to one thing or another too.
    There have been over 2000 applying for these positions and it will take a while to get through all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Dublin bus are in process of appointing mentor drivers for new recruits and hiring/promoting new inspectors too. Must be more than 5 hired if this is the case.

if 300+ have been to the training centre and only 5 offered jobs theyll be doing well to get another 65 drivers out of the remaining 1700~ applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

liger wrote: »
    Dublin bus are in process of appointing mentor drivers for new recruits and hiring/promoting new inspectors too. Must be more than 5 hired if this is the case.
    I'm one of the 6 who have progressed to their garages. 3 more started in the training school last Monday. That's 9 drivers hired so far!

I believe a lot are being held up in the medicals and a LOT didn't make it through the driving assessment or interview stage.

macroman wrote: »
    I'm one of the 6 who have progressed to their garages. 3 more started in the training school last Monday. That's 9 drivers hired so far!

I believe a lot are being held up in the medicals and a LOT didn't make it through the driving assessment or interview stage.

Well done on getting through !
    How are you finding it so far, what garage are you in ??

It seems the company are being very careful and picky about who they are taking on.... You don't need me to tell you, but, TAKE YOUR TIME.

Best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

i had driving test i pass, no problem, i went to interview, was ok , and guess what ? i got today a letter what says that i fail , i call to H.R. to ask what's the story and they say that i fail my interview, bull****, is no fare chance there, if u know some one is good, they didn't let me to finish all process , i m very disappointed of Dublin Bus.
    And i was with the suit at the interview, not in jeans

Sounds like your already in the know.

Sure it's a family thing we are all related in that job that's how we get the jobs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe they checked your facebook and saw what you have to say about your future work mates.

You sound exactly like most moany, grumpy, aggresive passenger's that we do have to deal with.

It actually looks from what you have to say that I as a driver would not like to be working alongside someone with such opinions of how all us Proffesional bus Drivers are and behave.
    There are bad apples in any part of life but not all are bad.

You to me don't seem suitable for the job but maybe your just venting?

We don't always get the job I have gone through plenty and applied for plenty.

Best of luck with the job hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 usiaczek283

Maybe they checked your facebook and saw what you have to say about your future work mates.

You sound exactly like most moany, grumpy, aggresive passenger's that we do have to deal with.

It actually looks from what you have to say that I as a driver would not like to be working alongside someone with such opinions of how all us Proffesional bus Drivers are and behave.
    There are bad apples in any part of life but not all are bad.

You to me don't seem suitable for the job but maybe your just venting?

We don't always get the job I have gone through plenty and applied for plenty.

Best of luck with the job hunting.

''Moany and grumpy passengers''.:P:P:P That is so unfair to say. :eek:
    I use Dublin Bus for years now to get to work. Each day I greet and smile at the bus drivers that take me to work, usually are the same bus drivers.
    Some of them will reply to my 'Good morning/Hello' some will never bother to even look at who is getting on the bus.
    I am not here to moan about drivers as they are just people so are the passengers, so just appreciate the nice passengers more and don't give a **** about rude ones, cause they are rude to us on the bus as well though we are only passengers :) Some of us are even so nice that write to Dublin Bus Customer Comment Dept and compliment the driver so that his manager knows about it as well.

Believe it or not :D passengers are just people, we can have a bad day too, but if somebody smiles at you each morning, it can make your day so much better, so it is worth being nice!! Remember that :)

P.D I would kick the rude passengers out of the bus myself if the driver only let me :D:D:pac::pac: (just joking).

I use Dublin Bus for years now to get to work. Each day I greet and smile at the bus drivers that take me to work, usually are the same bus drivers.
    Some of them will reply to my 'Good morning/Hello' some will never bother to even look at who is getting on the bus.
    I am not here to moan about drivers as they are just people so are the passengers, so just appreciate the nice passengers more and don't give a **** about rude ones, cause they are rude to us on the bus as well though we are only passengers :) Some of us are even so nice that write to Dublin Bus Customer Comment Dept and compliment the driver so that his manager knows about it as well.

Believe it or not :D passengers are just people, we can have a bad day too, but if somebody smiles at you each morning, it can make your day so much better, so it is worth being nice!! Remember that :)

P.D I would kick the rude passengers out of the bus myself if the driver only let me :D:D:pac::pac: (just joking).

I agree, and well put.

Never said all passengers just the moany ones that we do have to carry or come across.

I am the 1st to say 98% of passengers are great to deal with.

You have to remember that some maybe even all drivers have been eaten out of it over the years and some just have lost interest in what they do.

As I have said there are bad apples everywhere you go and I believe it costs nothing to be nice and can sometimes make the day go better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bus Eire

Can somebody help me? I did the driving test and had the interview on Feb 20th and still no reply I e-mailed DB and they told me it is still pending? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Not many new drivers have started. It's defiantly less than 10. They are nowhere near the 70 they want yet and still loads of time to go through the rest of the process.

I wouldn't be worried

It's an awful long process I thought I would've got a yes or no by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Got a letter this morning for my assessment on Saturday morning at 10am, thought they had all the drivers they wanted so far. Anyone know what the pay is like for a new 'spare' driver??

Thanks lads this has been a great source of info on what to expect.

Got a phonecall today to attend a medical in the city next week,had my interview and assessment about 2 weeks ago :D anybody know what the medical entails I assume/hope its not as strict as the army medical which I failed due to being a bit on the heavy side at the time;)

That's great news but also very strange as Dublin bus policy is to notify potential applicants by post? Do you know someone within Dublin bus? If so get me in too! :-D

Bus Eire wrote: »
    That's great news but also very strange as Dublin bus policy is to notify potential applicants by post? Do you know someone within Dublin bus? If so get me in too! :-D
    no connections whatsoever,no idea why they contacted me by phone !

Pass the medical and you're in.
    I'd say that the reason for phoning you was to get you started quicker.
    Expect to be starting before the end of April if you pass it.
    Best of luck anyway.

rx8 wrote: »
    Pass the medical and you're in.
    I'd say that the reason for phoning you was to get you started quicker.
    Expect to be starting before the end of April if you pass it.
    Best of luck anyway.

Cool I just hope they remembered me telling them i-ve to give atleast 1 months notice to leave my current job!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ted44

I Was VB wrote: »
    Got a letter this morning for my assessment on Saturday morning at 10am, thought they had all the drivers they wanted so far. Anyone know what the pay is like for a new 'spare' driver??

Thanks lads this has been a great source of info on what to expect.

Was there Saturday also, fairly straight forward, have you heard any further info regarding driving test ? ill give it until Friday and if there's nothing in the post ill take it I wasn't what they were looking for !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Mafamude

Hey guys! Got post, going to do the driving test next week. Any advice? What kind of test do they do?

Thanks!

Advertisement