Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St Helens, Adamstown

• 22-06-2017 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Just got an email after I registered my interest a while ago...
    Firstly thank you for your enquiry in relation to Adamstown.

We are delighted to announce the release this new phase development within Adamstown following the success of Alderlie, which is now sold out.

St Helens will be launching on the 1st/2nd July from 2.00pm - 4.00pm. Unfortunately we are awaiting floor plans and some of our other marketing materials but we will have these shortly.

We will have a selection 3 and 4 family houses being released ranging in size from 1,184 Sqft - 1,507 Sqft as part of phase 1. St Helens is nestled within the popular well-established Adamstown development, the newest phase of this pioneering scheme. The houses are ideally located just 550m to Adamstown's state of the art, purpose built train station bringing passengers into the city centre in just 20 minutes.

Please note in order to book a house on the day you will be required to show proof of funds. This can be in the form of a mortgage approval in principle letter. You will also need a €5,000 booking deposit payable by cheque or bank draft to McCann Fitzgerald solicitors.

Prices will be confirmed shortly.

If you have yet to arrange finance I would recommend contacting Stephen Cox whom is an independent mortgage advisor who will be able to help you with your approval. Please find Stephens details below.

Stephen Cox QFA RPA
    Financial Advisor
    Phone: + 353 1 6532260
    Mob: + 353 86 6059882
    Email: scox@cmcc.ie

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Darren Clendennen
    Negotiator
    New Homes

Savills, 33 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2 D02 CP04.
    Tel : +353 1 618 1486
    Mobile: +353 86 120 1696
    Email : Darren.Clendennen@savills.ie

Am I wrong in reading that they are asking for money and deposit when there is not even any plans for this?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

xpletiv wrote: »
    Just got an email after I registered my interest a while ago...

Am I wrong in reading that they are asking for money and deposit when there is not even any plans for this?!?

Now that's a bit ridiculous. How much are you supposed to get your mortgage approved for? They aren't telling you the prices. And recommending a mortgage broker. It's starting to feel a little 2006 in here :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sounds dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

There's no plans at the moment but they'll be released before the launch probably on Monday. Nothing dodgy about this the agent is Savills who is involved in nearly every new development at the moment. If you're lucky enough to get in a position to buy a house (yes there will be a queue) only then will you be asked for a refundable deposit and proof of funds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sounds dodgy to me.

Scarily enough- its actually totally legit..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

While I agree the estate agents are being shoddy by announcing dates with no brochure or price list, I'd recommend ignoring the brochure in favour of the planning application anyway.

All the information you need (except price) will be in that and will be far more reliable and accurate then what's in a sales brochure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

The open house was on today; just wondering if anyone went along to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Zoz

Hi guys,
    Any recommendation about this area (adamstown) , is it a nice place to live ? I can not see any facilities there. This new developement looks nice but my concern is the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

Zoz wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Any recommendation about this area (adamstown) , is it a nice place to live ? I can not see any facilities there. This new developement looks nice but my concern is the area.

Hi Zoz ,i live in Adamstown for the last 8 years(rented house) and is a nice and quiet area and we booked a house back in February when Alderlie 2nd phase was released.About facilities for the moment is Liffey Valley and Super Valu shopping center ,there is Londis as local shop ,but they will build a district center near the train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Hi guys,

Yeah it's fine it's part of the greater Lucan area which has everything that anywhere else has. Sports clubs for every conceivable sport, gyms, plenty of supermarkets, parks, shops. Bit of a walk to Lucan village which is not car friendly by the way. Quiet area, I have never seen or heard of crime (obviously there will be some but not much). It's clean and tidy and well looked after.

I don't work for the estate agents or anything I live here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭lau1247

Anyone buying in St.Helens?? Did ye get the contract from builder yet?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement

lau1247 wrote: »

We reserved a type 3 house in phase 1 and didnt get any contracts yet

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

We reserved a type 3 house in phase 1 and didnt get any contracts yet
    May I know when did you reserve it? We paid booking deposit nearly 3 weeks ago for Type 1 in phase 1 and we are still waiting for the contracts. We were advised the contracts will be issued within 2 weeks.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    May I know when did you reserve it? We paid booking deposit nearly 3 weeks ago for Type 1 in phase 1 and we are still waiting for the contracts. We were advised the contracts will be issued within 2 weeks.

Yeah same here, 3 weeks has past now at this stage (in the 4th week) and have yet to hear anything from the solicitor.

I bought in the sister development Alderlie. Contracts weren't issued until 2 months after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chazi_27

It's been 8 weeks since I paid my booking deposit!

09_09_09 wrote: »

we paid the deposit on launch date on 1st july and no contracts since then

CFC007 wrote: »
    I bought in the sister development Alderlie. Contracts weren't issued until 2 months after.

Hi,
    How do you evaluate the area of adamstown ? any safety issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katievjr87

chazi_27 wrote: »

Same for us! Paid a booking deposit on the first day of viewings in july and we still haven't heard anything. We've been in touch with them a few times over other things and no mention either... we're delighted as the sale of our own house Is currently going through but wouldn't want it going on much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katievjr87

Same for us! Paid a booking deposit on the first day of viewings in july and we still haven't heard anything. We've been in touch with them a few times over other things and no mention either... we're delighted as the sale of our own house was slightly delayed but wouldn't want it going on much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulzp

Folks, don't worry about contracts and delays. I'm buying in Alderlie, which is previous "phase" before St.Helens. Our houses should be ready in December 2017/January 2018. So, we got contracts 2+ months after paying deposit, 1+ month took for them to sign it after we sent signed contract to them. They are very slow...but everything is ok. Your delays with contracts won't speed up building process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 chazi_27

Paulzp wrote: »
    Folks, don't worry about contracts and delays. I'm buying in Alderlie, which is previous "phase" before St.Helens. Our houses should be ready in December 2017/January 2018. So, we got contracts 2+ months after paying deposit, 1+ month took for them to sign it after we sent signed contract to them. They are very slow...but everything is ok. Your delays with contracts won't speed up building process.

Thanks for the info...that gives peace of mind!

Did you still get the kitchen appliance offer with all the delays?
    Is your house on target for completion in Dec/Jan or did that get delayed? I was told Feb/Mar 18

Hi,
    How do you evaluate the area of adamstown ? any safety issues ?

Hi, I haven't moved in yet. I don't foresee any issues with the area. Every time I visit it seems very quiet with all the new developments hopefully it will bring more of a community and amenities.

Is your house on target for completion in Dec/Jan or did that get delayed? I was told Feb/Mar 18

The 28 day rule is not strict the estate agent will make it feel like it is to pressure you into signing but take your time and make sure to get your solicitor to ask lots of questions. The 28 days will be extended then due to hold up on the builders solicitor to answer your questions. My house is on time was told Sept/Oct and I'll be snagging very soon.

We signed the contract within 28 days, but my impression it was not that strict.
    I didn't get any updates about completion. Our friends in previous Alderlie phase moved in with 1-3 weeks delay. So I would expect for delay up to 1 month

While it won't speed up the building process, I agree with that but I'm more concern about HTB being pulled etc. Much prefer to sign it off and get it over with than facing some unknown.

While it won't speed up the building process, I agree with that but I'm more concern about HTB being pulled etc. Much prefer to sign it off and get it over with than facing some unknown.
    I believe developers keeping an eye on HTB and also interested in it because it is free money for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

Even after you signed it off will take a while till the contract is coming back to you to move forward with your application

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I believe developers keeping an eye on HTB and also interested in it because it is free money for them.

The latest kite the government are flying on HTB- is changing it into a repayable term loan, on very favourable grounds, for First Time Buyers- and repurposing NAMA to manage what would become a portfolio of state loans for FTBs.

The details are still being discussed- however, its suggested a First Time Buyer could take out a HTB loan on extremely competitive terms (possibly as low as 2%) to a maximum of 50k, for the purpose of purchasing a new build property.

Its thought that if its a repayable loan- as opposed to a grant- that the First Time Buyers would be more motivated to demand 'value for money' from developers- instead of simply handing over a 20k lumpsum for nebulous gains.

The latest kite the government are flying on HTB- is changing it into a repayable term loan, on very favourable grounds, for First Time Buyers- and repurposing NAMA to manage what would become a portfolio of state loans for FTBs.

The details are still being discussed- however, its suggested a First Time Buyer could take out a HTB loan on extremely competitive terms (possibly as low as 2%) to a maximum of 50k, for the purpose of purchasing a new build property.

Its thought that if its a repayable loan- as opposed to a grant- that the First Time Buyers would be more motivated to demand 'value for money' from developers- instead of simply handing over a 20k lumpsum for nebulous gains.

how would that help FTB by changing from grant to competitive loan??

The damage of HTB is already in place and it not gonna drop overnight. I can't see the option to demand 'value for money' when there is a shortage of housing. Nevermind the fact this will be another loan which will more than likely mean lending limit from bank reduced??

Every government tinkering seems to make it worse.

• Advertisement

I can't see the option to demand 'value for money' when there is a shortage of housing
    So true!

Advertisement