Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why do junkies always walk out in front of traffic?

• 03-09-2019 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I've noticed this around the city. People will stop at a crossing and wait patiently, and Anto and Deco will just walk straight out in front of speeding cars, which then have to slam on their brakes. What is with this reckless abandon? Is it something that comes with heroin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

The green man is always flashing when you take enough sleepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

14dMoney wrote: »
    I've noticed this around the city. People will stop at a crossing and wait patiently, and Anto and Deco will just walk straight out in front of speeding cars, which then have to slam on their brakes. What is with this reckless abandon? Is it something that comes with heroin?

Suicide. They have nothing to live for. Junkies couldn’t give a flying f about you or anyone else. I see it all over the city as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Because they’re “hard chaws” who don’t give a shít about themselves or anyone else.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kermit D. Frog

Too strung out or brain-damaged from their habit to give a crap

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Too strung out or brain-damaged from their habit to give a crap

Too pointless to be given a crap about. Would be a tragedy if one was hit and a nice car was damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

They know the truth, The Matrix is real.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its not just junkies op. It's people who've been brought up with an attitude that other people need to watch out for them and keep out of their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

They simply don't give a fcuk and if you hit them they get a payout.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Its not just junkies op. It's people who've been brought up with an attitude that other people need to watch out for them and keep out of their way.

I considered editing my post above in light of yours.

Nah. Still stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Cause they'll "bleeding sue ya if ya hit them sham"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's not just junkies that do it though, I've lost count of the number of times the light turns green and some jackass walks out in front of the traffic as it starts to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

With so many cars speeding through crossings and slamming on their brakes, I stand well back when waiting to cross. A lot of other people stand at the very edge of the road.

Staying a few feet back doesn't cause any delay, and it is safer. Women with babies in buggies push them too close to the traffic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Mate of mine was on his way to work one morning, early, before 7am, and this junkie fcuker steps off the path and into the side of his car. Frightens the sh1te out out of him and damages his car in the process and then he tries to sue my mate.
    Turns out he was just released from the local cop shop after spending the night out of his biscuit in the cells for his own safety and he was just looking for a pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

A sense of entitlement that the world revolves around them and traffic will stop. Generally it will as most normal people don’t want to knock someone down. But sure if the car doesn’t stop or avoid them, there’s probably a claim in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I saw one walk in the middle of the road and I told her to come onto the path or she’ll get knocked down. She says “we had legs before we had wheels.”

Solid argument tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

To be fair it's not just junkies with the sense of entitlement as proven to me today when I was on my way out of SuperValu Lucan and this entitled git almost walked straight into me as he was coming in the "Out" door.
    Only I kept my line he expected me to move out of his way, no chance, only he moved as I was prepared to walk over him, hate these dogs that don't wait till people are out of a Train, LUAS or even a lift door before trying to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

mags1962 wrote: »
    To be fair it's not just junkies with the sense of entitlement as proven to me today when I was on my way out of SuperValu Lucan and this entitled git almost walked straight into me as he was coming in the "Out" door.
    Only I kept my line he expected me to move out of his way, no chance, only he moved as I was prepared to walk over him, hate these dogs that don't wait till people are out of a Train, LUAS or even a lift door before trying to get in.

A punch to the balls will open your path.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I'm hazarding a wild guess it's because they're out of their box on heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Testing out their latest deadly new pair of runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

What the country needs is one less addict.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Too pointless to be given a crap about. Would be a tragedy if one was hit and a nice car was damaged.

What a dirty small minded comment. Poor lad didn't even get the thanks whore reward for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

it's their primordial instinct to manifest themselves into self destruction and obliteration

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611244fd55fcfacc1ef8bb2f81cb78bf75fce5e7e1c&rid=giphy.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

it's their primordial instinct to manifest themselves into self destruction and obliteration

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611244fd55fcfacc1ef8bb2f81cb78bf75fce5e7e1c&rid=giphy.gif

That sounds more like a tag line from the new lemmings game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Inconsideration and self centredness. Largely the same reasons why they stuck needles in their arm to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Would love to try heroin. I'd say it is great craic

Would love to try heroin. I'd say it is great craic

You know the definition of Junkie Love? Both of ye shatting the bed and still in love? Anything that can survive that is incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

14dMoney wrote: »
    Is it something that comes with heroin?

I'd say there's some kind of link alright:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I've noticed this too, people almost deliberately walking out in front of you, eyeballing you as they do so. They know you HAVE to stop for them or you'll be the one at fault, therefore they feel some inflated sense of power or something.

Kids on bikes do this too. In residential areas, they barely move enough to let you pass, staring at you as they do so, almost daring you to tip into the bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Why do people assume junkies are always lower class, surely there should be junkies that are middle classh/rich.

Given the price of heroin (€20 for a baggie) I'm actually surprised that people on the dole and not working can actually regularly afford it unless they're stealing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

OSI wrote: »
    My cousin came from a fairly well to do family. Got into heroin and within six months was burgling homes and holding up the local newsagents for cash to get his next fix.

Must have robbed his family/friends first.

Advertisement