Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swim for a mile

• 25-01-2019 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Any one here doing swim for a mile, I've signed up this year. Loving the structure of it, doing the coached sessions and trying to get in the pool twice more. I'm not very confident in the deep end but feel like I getting better. Would love to get any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

Birdsong wrote: »
    Any one here doing swim for a mile, I've signed up this year. Loving the structure of it, doing the coached sessions and trying to get in the pool twice more. I'm not very confident in the deep end but feel like I getting better. Would love to get any tips.

Have you a link?

I've gone back swimming this month after about 4 years of laziness. I'm targeting about 2km 3 mornings a week. Currently at 1200m total, with 300-500m intervals (at a push).

Edit: just found the link https://www.swimforamile.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I completed that a couple of years ago. Very satisfying to complete and this year I am getting back up to distance with much less effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

I did the swim for a mile yesterday evening, I have to say it's one of the best things I have ever done. Great initiative, giving me the confidence to swim in the deep end, let alone swim for a mile, 64 lenghs!!

If anyone is thinking about it for next year definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

I did the swim for a mile yesterday evening, I have to say it's one of the best things I have ever done. Great initiative, giving me the confidence to swim in the deep end, let alone swim for a mile, 64 lenghs!!

FairPlay and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Well done indeed, did this 3 times in the last 4 years, it got me into swimming. Since then I joined a masters swimming team and now regularly swim a couple of kms 2 or 3 times a week in open water without wetsuit. I would recommend a masters group for a year and see where it brings you. Not for everyone as the sessions are tough going and often early mornings but it will improve you no end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement