Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you ever stalked anyone?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Collie D wrote:
    That's some seriously committed perving. I usually just wear shades. I assume the van doesn't have the company logo.

They're all unmarked but a trained eye would pick them out from knowing most of the drivers there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

No I've never stalked anyone but when I was a teenager my friend and I had crushes on these Spanish students and we just happened to walk by the house they stayed at a few times.

I was only listening to Blondie the other week and the lyrics in her song One Way or Another are really stalkerish and also Hanging on the Telephone and Call Me :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

One year when I was in college I joined in a game called Assassin. You were given the name and picture of someone else who had signed up and you had to try to 'kill' them by putting a sticker on them; they'd then be eliminated from the game so you'd get their target as your next target, and whoever got the most 'kills' won the game. I think it went on for a week.

I managed to take two people out by looking them up on social media, finding their course timetables etc and hanging around where I knew they were likely to be. It's amazing what you can find out about people online (The third person was much more elusive though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

I'm one of those people who has long term unrequited crushes until I meet a real, live guy, with whom I normally stay for a short while because real people have feet of clay, before moving on to my next perfect, unrequited love. So yes, I've stalked a couple of people in my time.

The first was very first crush. I was 11. He was my mom's best friend's son. I don't remember how but I managed to get invited to his house every Sunday for lunch. He finally kissed me when I was 17. My very first kiss. It was disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

All of this seems like effort

However ive a clatter of sisters who are very adapt at it....to the extent i do be wary adding anyone on facebook-for their privacy sakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Not since I was in school but did the whole look up their home address in the phone book and 'just happen' to be walking down her street about twice a day (the Smiths in the Walkman was optional).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I was crazy about a guy in university. He was beyond cool - so i did "active research" into who his friends were, where he drank, where he lived etc. Found out what course he was on and might have got a copy of his timetable from a mutual friend who was on the course. I was trying to engineer a meeting.

I managed to "bump into" him a few times but always bottled it and never got the courage to speak to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Never. I'd be mortified to even like someone who had no interest in me, let alone turn up outside their house or workplace. I would die of shame. I usually won't even admit to myself that I like someone until they've confirmed that they like me! nothing more embarassing than feeling like I've overstepped the mark, in any situation. Luckily I have one of those faces that looks like I don't give a flying *****

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've facebook stalk a girl i might fancy...just to see if she's in a relationship..so as to save me the bother of asking her out

is that alright ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Lorelli! wrote: »
    No I've never stalked anyone but when I was a teenager my friend and I had crushes on these Spanish students and we just happened to walk by the house they stayed at a few times.

I was only listening to Blondie the other week and the lyrics in her song One Way or Another are really stalkerish and also Hanging on the Telephone and Call Me :pac:

Pure 80s cheese ahead but the lyrics are the Stalker's anthem! :p

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Pure 80s cheese ahead but the lyrics are the Stalker's anthem! :p

:/ :pac:

I think I'd rather be stalked by Blondie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Lorelli! wrote: »
    :/ :pac:

I think I'd rather be stalked by Blondie :)

+1

Couldn't bear the thought of a ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

The modern classic for Stalking is by a group called 'Your Favorite Martian' and the song is called 'Text me Back'.

Really encapsulates what modern stalking is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Yeah. Met one girl at our school breakup. Pal of mine brought her along.

Never met her before, but felt an instant connection.

In the time that followed I thought about her all the time & longed for the time that we would meet again.

I found out her address & used to cycle by her house regularly just to see if she was around. This went on for about 6 months.

Years later I found out that I'd been cycling past the wrong house. She lived in another area altogether!

Gave up on stalking after that. I was crap at it really.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

In real life...no. I'm much too neurotic and self-aware to be able to get away with it.

On social media...lil bit...

Okay a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I found out her address & used to cycle by her house regularly just to see if she was around. This went on for about 6 months.

Years later I found out that I'd been cycling past the wrong house. She lived in another area altogether!
    This made me laugh. At least it made you fitter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

anewme wrote: »
    This made me laugh. At least it made you fitter though.

Ah, I was only 17 at the time.

Still, looking back I made 'The Inbetweeners' seem the epitome of cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I had a serious crush on a girl I used to work with.

I never did anything stalkerish but I did chase her relentlessly for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I had a serious crush on a girl I used to work with.

I never did anything stalkerish but I did chase her relentlessly for months.

So Hector...did you ever get to show her your...err...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Not really stalking but I saw someone I knew a few weeks ago through a couple of trees. I didn't say heels to the person because I thought I might come across as a stalker as I couldn't have clearly seen the person through the trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There was a poster on here who was banned last year.
    She used to put her pictures up on various threads. Got the shock of my life one day when I saw her picture in my facebook suggested friends list - despite us having no friends in common.
    I guess she went to a lot of trouble to find out my real identity but not enough to cover her tracks.
    It's very creepy though. And sad.

Winterlong wrote: »
    She used to put her pictures up on various threads. Got the shock of my life one day when I saw her picture in my facebook suggested friends list - despite us having no friends in common.
    I guess she went to a lot of trouble to find out my real identity but not enough to cover her tracks.

She's still around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

She used to put her pictures up on various threads..

Pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Got the shock of my life one day when I saw her picture in my facebook suggested friends list - despite us having no friends in common.

How does this work? Did she openly request to be your friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

How does this work? Did she openly request to be your friend?

No. When on facebook on the pc she popped up in my suggested friends list. I believe that anyone who pops up there who has no friends in common with you has been viewing your profile.
    Stalking!

No. When on facebook on the pc she popped up in my suggested friends list. I believe that anyone who pops up there who has no friends in common with you has been viewing your profile.
    Stalking!

Or if you view her profile too don't forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Same thing happened me. Just blocked it!

This must rank as one of the creepiest stalkiest songs out there.

"If you ever think of me, I'll be thinking of you":eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement