Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIT Irritations - First World Problems

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

This happens every year due to poor planning/replacement of staff/changes in courses/lecturer's hissyfits, etc. You will, for better or worse, get used to it... However, if it isn't resolved, do not let it slide!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jcon1913

phonypony wrote: »
    This happens every year due to poor planning/replacement of staff/changes in courses/lecturer's hissyfits, etc. You will, for better or worse, get used to it... However, if it isn't resolved, do not let it slide!

Im sure everyone got paid their salaries - Id be upset if they didnt - not. Middling performance in Irish academic institution - hold the front page - not.

Ill update on further incompetency as it arises LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

jcon1913 wrote: »
    2 lectures missed already since starting 1st year Business and Law - like they don't have 4 months off in the summer to organise their business.

Anyone else have lecturers just not turning up? Like randomly, no notice, no apology just like ''we're too important to come to work today.''

Get used to it - the Business & Law course is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Miscommunication, no communication at all from Law department regarding classes or changes of classes is very common.

Pretty poor organisation and structure in my experience...

LpPepper wrote: »
    Get used to it - the Business & Law course is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Miscommunication, no communication at all from Law department regarding classes or changes of classes is very common.

Pretty poor organisation and structure in my experience...

All on full pay though? Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭spupazza

I was supposed to submit the final project for next Monday. But I can't for lack of supervision support. For subitting only the proposal, it took me 3 weeks because supervisor never reply to email and phone calls. I have to get to him through the head of department. every time. And now I'm late especially because I don't have the support and the answers to my questions on time.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

spupazza wrote: »
    I was supposed to submit the final project for next Monday. But I can't for lack of supervision support. For subitting only the proposal, it took me 3 weeks because supervisor never reply to email and phone calls. I have to get to him through the head of department. every time. And now I'm late especially because I don't have the support and the answers to my questions on time.:mad:

Apply for an extension based on the grounds you have just explained.

Another term another cluster f**k in Business and Law

So far our heroes have managed to screw up the simplest of tasks - schedule lecturers to show up for classes as advised to students after a 4 month break we call summer holidays.

Now it turns out that a 4 week break at Christmas is not enough and we have another slew of cancelled lectures i nthe new term.

Is there any end to the japes these crusaders can dazzle us with?

Thoughts?

Advertisement