Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim Special Edition Mods

• 07-11-2016 12:29am
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any good ones they want to recommend?

I've already suggested this one a few times, and technically it's not really a 'mod' but Achievement Mods Enabler is pretty much self explanatory - it allows you to unlock achievements while using mods. This is not otherwise allowed, once you've got mods enabled and start a modded game, you can't unlock achievements. Thanks Bethesda. Unfortunately this is only for PC, I'm not aware of anything that does it for console at the mo.

I'm not using many mods yet (hoping for a few of my faves from old Skyrim to port over) but here's what I've got so far:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch - fixes lots and lots of bugs. Apparently SSE is just as buggy as the original version.

Amber Armor and Weapons - haven't used it yet but I think they look nice, it's just a re-texture of the Glass armour and weapons.

Point the Way - adds signs for the smaller towns to signposts

Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers - pretty self explanatory, adds a quest marker for each stone. Particularly handy when you're down to the last few and forgot to take note of where you'd found them already, or if you've cleared a location but forgot to get the stone.

Falskaar - practically a DLC in itself, adds a new land and quests. Haven't played it in SSE yet, so can't comment on how well it works, but it was brilliant in Original Skyrim.

Rich Skyrim Merchants - gives the merchants extra gold. Saves me from dragging my over-encumbered ass all the way up through Whiterun, now I can get rid of all my Iron helmets and armor sets in Warmaiden's :pac:

Lanterns of Skyrim - adds lanterns on the main roads and in villages etc. I actually downloaded the one from Bethesdanet so the one I have only has them on the main roads, as far as I know.

Skyrim Unlimited Rings and Amulets SSE - allows you to wear unlimited rings and amulets. I shall be getting rid of this once Immersive Armors ports over, because it allows you to wear a pair of earrings and I usually enchant them with waterbreathing and then leave them on and forget about them.

I haven't used these ones yet, but I think I might download them next time I'm playing.

Hold Border Banners - adds markers on the roads where the borders between holds are.

Ring of Waterwalking and the Waterwalking Enchantment - gives you a ring of waterwalking which you can disenchant and learn the spell to put the enchantment on other items.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Immersive Armors is now available on Nexus for SSE. I'm installing it now (it's an absolutely massive file) and will report back on any issues.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

So far so good with Immersive Armors. It takes a while to download the file, and I'm not sure if it's available on Bethesdanet or if it's just on Nexusmods. Haven't encountered any issues playing with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Alternate Start/Live another life - Gives you the option to start in many different ways from a prison in an undisclosed area you have to either pick how you want to start or try to escape and make your own way to the start quests.

The description on the many different choices you can take can be found on the mod page.

Unread books glow - As title says

Really want to try This Mod

Really want to try This Mod

Showing up as an error in Nexus mods when I click it.

• Advertisement

The Civil War Repairs mod still hasn't ported over for Special Edition, however I did come across this massively helpful post on Reddit which explains how to create a .bat file to repair the damage to Whiterun and Windhelm/Solitude after you've finished the civil war quest line.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5f6h6t/is_there_a_mod_for_sse_that_fixes_whiterun_after/

You don't actually have to create the .bat file, you can just open the console window and type the text in (that's what I had to do cos my .bat file wouldn't run) - then go in to a building and wait 72 hours. Works like a charm - houses repaired and piles of rubble cleared away.

Nice to see a lot more mods seem to be porting over to SSE. Here's a few more I've downloaded in the last few weeks:

More Growable Plants SSE: allows you to plant various extra things like apples, nirnroot (regular and crimson), jarrin root, Solstheim plants, garlic, tomatoes, moon sugar, and a few other plants that it adds to the game. It's cool for sprucing up the garden in your Hearthfire houses.

Faction Crossbows SE: Same as the one for Original Skyrim - adds faction specific crossbow designs for Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Imperials, Stormcloaks, Companions and Dawnguard, along with matching bolt quivers.

Helgen Reborn: Same as the original, a mod which includes a questline that allows you to rebuild Helgen.

Windhelm Bridge Overhaul: Nice little mod that tidies up the othewise boring bridge into Windhelm - it adds a few decent merchants and some decorations.

Castle Volkihar Rebuilt: Haven't actually used this one yet, but I think it sounds cool. I like the idea of tidying up both Castle Volkihar and Fort Dawnguard, so crossing my fingers that it lives up to expectations.

*craps self* I am SO excited about this!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement