Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-06-2020, 15:38   #46
SheroP

What’s difference between vertuo and vertuo plus??
Thanks
Advertisement
27-06-2020, 15:48   #47
Zimmerframe

Works fine here, thanks OP.
Already have one, but it's a bit of a no brainer, to refuse a free machine, when I was about to order capsules anyway.

For €128

200 of my favourite capsules, (better than the previous offer, where they chose the capsules).
a free machine
the starter pack of capsules which come free with the machine.
and my free coffee mug, (from the previous promotion)
Thanks from:
27-06-2020, 16:07   #48
WhiteMemento9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Doesnt seem to work for me:

At the checkout its still looking for €328.40. What an I doing wrong?
You need to add 200 capsules you are only adding 100. The offer is on the front page.

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/vertuo-promotion

Edit - I see you added two of them. Did you go all the way to checkout? it work fine for me with your combo and takes the deduction off at the checkout.

Last edited by WhiteMemento9; 27-06-2020 at 16:11.
Thanks from:
27-06-2020, 16:26   #49
Duvetdays

We have a big nespresso machine in work and I think it gives a decent coffee.
Ordered a selection of 4x50 pods for the mug size came to €129 inc the €239 vertuo and a starter selection of pods. Wouldn’t be used everyday so pods will last about a year.
27-06-2020, 16:34   #50
goose06

Cheers OP needed capsules for an older machine so went and ordered these, current machine cost €100 5 years ago so it owes us nothing and if the new machine is built as well then it'll see plenty of use over the coming years. I'll bring the old one into the office as our communal tea/coffee areas are being closed off over covid so it'll be handy to have on my desk to get my fix during the day.
Advertisement
27-06-2020, 17:02   #51
KyussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
I disagree. The machines are good and this is also a good deal if you want all round standard coffee hassle free.

Obviously Nespresso make their money on pods vs machines (they don't even manufacture them) so there is incentive to get people onto machines. The new Vertuo pods are pretty decent if you prefer longer coffees vs espresso / lattes on the original machines though.

I really never got the Nespresso hate, main benefit of Nespresso machines / pods is the convenience and producing a decent coffee within 30 seconds without fail.

Of course there are cheaper / "better" alternatives, but that's the same with everything. The vast majority of people do not want to bother with beans, buying them, grinders etc. Connivence over effort. (Yes I know it's not that much effort)
The only person I know with a nespresso machine, has one that doesn't restrict non-standard capsules the way this one does - so that he can use a reusable capsule, filled with coffee from a grinder...

Capsules are multiple times the price, it produces huge amounts of unneccessary waste where the majority does NOT get recycled, this particular machine forces monopoly use of approved capsules - a monopoly where there is child labour in nespressos coffee supply chain...(remember, this is Nestle you're dealing with here - the company that is notorious for its baby milk scandal, promoting the use of its baby formula for newborns over breast milk, in poor communities in parts of the world where this leads to malnutrition and excess deaths).

So yea, there's a diverse number of reasons to spend the extra few seconds it takes, to make a coffee from beans and boycott everything Nestle related.
(3) thanks from:
27-06-2020, 17:54   #52
WhiteMemento9

Seems pretty straight forward to hack the pods to make them refillable.

27-06-2020, 18:10   #53
893bet

“Hacking” pods literally ruins the one reason to buy the machine. Convenience and relatively decent coffee.
(3) thanks from:
27-06-2020, 18:16   #54
WhiteMemento9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
“Hacking” pods literally ruins the one reason to buy the machine. Convenience and relatively decent coffee.
I agree tt was mainly for the people in the thread complaining about cost. You are in BA remember. At least lets people know they have the option.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-06-2020, 18:38   #55
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyussB View Post
The only person I know with a nespresso machine, has one that doesn't restrict non-standard capsules the way this one does - so that he can use a reusable capsule, filled with coffee from a grinder...

Capsules are multiple times the price, it produces huge amounts of unneccessary waste where the majority does NOT get recycled, this particular machine forces monopoly use of approved capsules - a monopoly where there is child labour in nespressos coffee supply chain...(remember, this is Nestle you're dealing with here - the company that is notorious for its baby milk scandal, promoting the use of its baby formula for newborns over breast milk, in poor communities in parts of the world where this leads to malnutrition and excess deaths).

So yea, there's a diverse number of reasons to spend the extra few seconds it takes, to make a coffee from beans and boycott everything Nestle related.
Well that's a whole other topic and for sure not one to go down in a bargain alters thread...
Thanks from:
27-06-2020, 20:17   #56
aisling86

Thanks for this! Just ordered
28-06-2020, 00:21   #57
xraylady

I’m going to order . Bit of a choice of machines. If you go in through link you are offered Vertuo plus in 3 colors ( ? Delonghi brand) @ €199 or Vertuo for €239. I assumed plus would be better and more expensive but apparently not. You can also just add any Vertuo without going through link and discount given . On main site without offer link choice of (1) Vertuo plus lim edition in 4 colors €199 or (2) Vertuo plus @ €239. Two black colors shown . One seems to be Breville and one Delonghi - ( diff shaped tops) but priced at €199 in offer page and €239 here. I’m confused!
28-06-2020, 00:31   #58
Ivefoundgod

No major difference between the machines I think other than one is slightly newer and presumably more refined. Decent comparison here; https://ggccoffee.com/nespresso-vertuo-vs-vertuoplus/

I went for the plus just because it was free anyway so might as well get the newer machine. I've a classic machine I'll keep on the go for another while still as I do like to try some of the compatibles and the pods are a bit dearer for the Vertuo. But 200 pods for €100 ish and a new machine is a bargain no matter how you look at it.
28-06-2020, 00:46   #59
xraylady

You’re right, I’m overthinking it. Good deal as I was thinking of updating my old machine. Will keep for a while to use up old pods but looking forward to trying Vertuo. Wonder if it’s as noisy as original machine ? Hope not !
28-06-2020, 12:58   #60
markad1

Excellent customer service.
My order had the vertuo listed not the plus.
Emailed them this morning and had a call back an hour later, all sorted.
Well done.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion