Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-06-2020, 21:18   #16
jimmyendless

Quote:
Originally Posted by corcaigh07 View Post
Would this be a decent basic running watch? Have a Forerunner 10 but it’s a bit outdated and poor GPS battery life.
Ya, would be a good upgrade on forerunner 10, I've a FR 35 and the wife has the vivosport and there is a few extras like stress and REM monitoring in the vivosport.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-06-2020, 21:26   #17
fmul9798

I know - was one of the first to thank you.. then there were the Huawei posts etc.
Thanks from:
28-06-2020, 21:27   #18
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmul9798 View Post
I know - was one of the first to thank you.. then there were the Huawei posts etc.
Thank you sir !
28-06-2020, 21:29   #19
fmul9798

:-) Was trying to make sure that people really did see "hey,
it really is a bargain, grab it before they notice" got through to some. Those cheap bands can't compare to Garmin..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Thank you sir !
Thanks from:
28-06-2020, 21:37   #20
DaveyDave

I've had one almost two years now. I got it specifically because it didn't look like a watch as I wanted to wear watches on the other wrist and for the GPS. It's light, decent battery and very small. I haven't had any issues with accuracy or heart rate. I haven't compared it to my Garmin HRM but haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

It's handy to have the heart rate warning and walk/run intervals and they work well considering there's no speaker. The lack of buttons isn't an issue as the screen is easy enough to use. Another reason I went with this one is the always on screen, when this came out it was one of the only ones I believe. Handy to see your heart rate, pace etc without having to flick the screen on while running. Loads of ways to customise what's on each screen in typical Garmin fashion.

The app is great, I've been using it for years with cycling. Handy to track distance on shoes and also sync calories with MyFitnessPal and Strava.

Definitely a good price if anyone is interested in getting a fitness tracker.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-06-2020, 21:57   #21
glasso

Quote:
I meant garmin...huawei bands are cheap for a reason coz of them being banned at many places...garmin beats it down easily at this price..
you've never used the band 4 pro but claimed that you have - what bs.

the huawei bands are good and are not "banned"
28-06-2020, 22:01   #22
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
you've never used the band 4 pro but claimed that you have - what bs.

the huawei bands are good and are not "banned"
Relax dude...when did i say i have not use the band ? Huawei products are banned at many places in the world..heard of trump and china ?

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/13/21257675/trump-extends-huawei-ban-may-2021-china-us-android-google-telecom
28-06-2020, 22:06   #23
legend99

Hi
Could I ask which would be the better option - this or the Mi Band 5 that was mentioned here a week or two ago?
Tks
28-06-2020, 22:10   #24
glasso

Quote:
Having used huawei band pro 4...this has better accurate heart rate, stress monitoring, more workout features To name few...battery is better too.
eh you claimed that you used it here. you don't even remember the crap that you post?!

there are about 2 huawei phones that come without google apps installed. that's about the height of it. obviously not very well informed
Advertisement
28-06-2020, 22:16   #25
Roberto_gas

Quote:
eh you claimed that you used it here. you don't even remember the crap that you post?!

there are about 2 huawei phones that come without google apps installed. that's about the height of it. obviously not very well informed
Yeah i have used it..who is claiming i have not ? Prices have plummeted due to this controversy..hope u did not pay full price for your huawei products ? Infact huawei shipped free bands with phones to boost sales !!

Still waiting u to confirm where i contradicted ? ������
28-06-2020, 22:22   #26
glasso

Quote:
Yeah i have used it..who is claiming i have not ? Prices have plummeted due to this controversy..hope u did not pay full price for your huawei products ? Infact huawei shipped free bands with phones to boost sales !!

Still waiting u to confirm where i contradicted ? ������
I have a huawei band but not a phone.

they make great phones though (class-leading cameras) and it's easy to get the google apps installed that it comes without.

Samsung give away 200 euro wireless earbuds with their phones to boost sales, that doesn't mean that they make crap phones
28-06-2020, 22:23   #27
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend99 View Post
Hi
Could I ask which would be the better option - this or the Mi Band 5 that was mentioned here a week or two ago?
Tks
the mi band 5 does not have gps

I'd recommend the huawei band 4 pro, which does have gps

it's available on amazon
28-06-2020, 22:24   #28
Roberto_gas

Quote:
I have a huawei band but not a phone.

they make great phones though (class-leading cameras) and it's easy to get the google apps installed that it comes without.

Samsung give away 200 euro wireless earbuds with their phones to boost sales, that doesn't mean that they make crap phones
This here is the reason i am discouraged to post deals on this site...No wonder no one posts good deals here..experts take over bargain threads..lmao
Thanks from:
28-06-2020, 22:34   #29
glasso

Quote:
This here is the reason i am discouraged to post deals on this site...No wonder no one posts good deals here..experts take over bargain threads..lmao
just 'cos someone suggests an alternative that is more modern and with additional features you don't have to get defensive about your bargain alert

then you proceeded to post incorrect information
28-06-2020, 22:50   #30
Roberto_gas

Quote:
just 'cos someone suggests an alternative that is more modern and with additional features you don't have to get defensive about your bargain alert

then you proceeded to post incorrect information
U started with saying i lied..then moved saying only two apps and then moved to samsung and i was defensive...lol

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion