Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2017, 16:00   #61
_Whimsical_

Quote:
Originally Posted by podge018 View Post
Bit confused, I use this every day by going to library.pressdisplay.com and logging in with an email address and library number.

When I try to log in on this pressreader app I'm asked for an email address and password. It's not accepting the library number as the password.

Any ideas?
Are in Wicklow? If not it possibly won't work. It seems that only a few libraries are signed upto this scheme and Wicklow is one.

You need to sign up for a seperate library ID using your name and a Wicklow address and Eircode
Do that here : https://lgma.iii.com/selfreg

After you've regged read the page that appears, it'll instruct to get a PIN by clicking a link.
Click the link.
I didn't get a pin but did see a link saying "edit pin" , click that.
It'll ask for your present pin but when you click in that box the pin they've allocated you will appear encrypted.
Below that are two boxes asking you to fill in your chosen pin. Do that. Click save.

That number wll now be your pin and you can enter it on the site or in the app.

Thanks to Sweetie for this pretty great bargain and for answering Qs!
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2017, 16:02   #62
ablelocks

just in relation to Zinio - they've changed the Zinio for Libraries app to RBDigital so maybe that's where the library got it wrong.
06-12-2017, 16:02   #63
tonkpills

Send a message via Skype™ to tonkpills
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge018 View Post
Bit confused, I use this every day by going to library.pressdisplay.com and logging in with an email address and library number.

When I try to log in on this pressreader app I'm asked for an email address and password. It's not accepting the library number as the password.

Any ideas?
Just did it there, create an account on PressReader website and in your account section you should see "Library and Group" under "Social and Linked Networks". Click link and put in your library number and pin.
Thanks from:
06-12-2017, 16:24   #64
ablelocks

just signed up via the wicklow way

but on the pop up screen it said "PressReader HotSpot" and under that "complimentary access 6 days 23 hours left" - could that be because the library number i got is a temporary number

Irish listing is light enough - only 47 titles - Irish Indo, Examiner, Bloomberg and the rest were regional newspapers

lots in the UK/Aus/USA sections though
06-12-2017, 18:07   #65
sweetie

Sorry I was busy but that's pretty much it. I think I went through Wicklow library site rather than the link you put up and it either gave me a pin or let me choose one. Then in the app I chose Wicklow library and entered my library number (and maybe the pin!) Don't understand the hotspot thing yet either. Enjoy!

Last edited by sweetie; 06-12-2017 at 18:23.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-12-2017, 08:29   #66
yoshimitsu

I was to get a temporary card number and get access to newspapers on press reader. I also got a message saying this is a 7 day trial... let's see what happens after that. Thanks for the help
07-12-2017, 11:35   #67
podge018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkpills View Post
Just did it there, create an account on PressReader website and in your account section you should see "Library and Group" under "Social and Linked Networks". Click link and put in your library number and pin.
Thanks, only Wicklow there, don't want to mess about with duplicate accounts etc, will use the browser until Fingal is included.
08-12-2017, 16:30   #68
sweetie

I think you may have to bring ID, proof of address and your temp number into a Wicklow library to get a permanent library card or keep setting up one week trials until it comes to your own service.
09-12-2017, 14:28   #69
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
I think you may have to bring ID, proof of address and your temp number into a Wicklow library to get a permanent library card or keep setting up one week trials until it comes to your own service.
It appears Wicklow County Libraries are the only (Irish) Library that have opted into this, am I right ?
Advertisement
14-12-2017, 13:49   #70
sweetie

So when my week was up i had to re-login and it's still working away fine.
Thanks from:
14-12-2017, 14:29   #71
yoshimitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshimitsu View Post
I was to get a temporary card number and get access to newspapers on press reader. I also got a message saying this is a 7 day trial... let's see what happens after that. Thanks for the help
So 7 days are over from when I first registered. When I went back into the PressReader page today, I could click on the newspapers but only the front page was visible, the other were greyed out with a key symbol on them. So I logged out out, logged back in and it is showing I have 6 days and 23 hours left in my trial. so basically the timer has reset again and I have access from my browser.
Cant complaint... let's see how long this goes on for
14-12-2017, 14:30   #72
yoshimitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
So when my week was up i had to re-login and it's still working away fine.
missed your post sweetie. you were much more succinct than me, but yeah basically still working. good stuff
Thanks from:
03-02-2018, 14:18   #73
MiskyBoyy

Is this still working?

The past week, when trying to re-login using my library number & pin. I will enter my pin, then hit enter. It will reload the page then just bring me back to entering my pin again.

I've tried across multiple devices.
Thanks from:
03-02-2018, 16:36   #74
Trevord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiskyBoyy View Post
Is this still working?

The past week, when trying to re-login using my library number & pin. I will enter my pin, then hit enter. It will reload the page then just bring me back to entering my pin again.

It's working for me there on PC. I'm using a proper library card I got a few weeks ago.
03-02-2018, 21:46   #75
yoshimitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiskyBoyy View Post
Is this still working?

Working for me. I use the iPad app to read but once a week i need to go into the webpage from the PC and "renew" my temporary, 1 week, subscription. basically i just load a newspaper, i get a lock screen for anything but the front page, when i click on the lock the login/password pop-up window come on. i log in and the timer start again at 6 days, 23 hours etc etc. then it works again from the ipad for another week.
i have an "unofficial" library card number fwiw

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion