Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭torrevieja

coach22 wrote: »
    Maybe I have an account specific deal but I am getting a further discount of around 15 euro for buying 200 capsules. I can also select the machine for 239 with the bigger water tank

239 machine older model

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭goose06

I think there's some messing going on at nespresso, got the email yesterday to say the order is on hold because they have no red machines in stock and could I contact them to discuss options. I went to the online chat and was told they've run out and would I take a black one instead, tried to chance my arm and get an upgrade instead but no budging. I then asked how long it would take to get back in stock and was told no estimate and it could be a while so I might be better going for what they have now. I said I'd wait as the other half would kill me as all the other appliances are red. Low and behold this morning I get a notification to say my order is being packed for shipping. I wonder were they just oversubscribed as another poster was told they had no black ones around the time I was told there's no red and would take a black one. Or I should just take off my giant tinfoil hat and stop over thinking these things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

goose06 wrote: »
    I think there's some messing going on at nespresso, got the email yesterday to say the order is on hold because they have no red machines in stock and could I contact them to discuss options. I went to the online chat and was told they've run out and would I take a black one instead, tried to chance my arm and get an upgrade instead but no budging. I then asked how long it would take to get back in stock and was told no estimate and it could be a while so I might be better going for what they have now. I said I'd wait as the other half would kill me as all the other appliances are red. Low and behold this morning I get a notification to say my order is being packed for shipping. I wonder were they just oversubscribed as another poster was told they had no black ones around the time I was told there's no red and would take a black one. Or I should just take off my giant tinfoil hat and stop over thinking these things

I would guess it could be something as simple as someone else changed their mind or cancelled and your order could be processed in original colour..... Hope all your reds look nice together.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

My order is still processing I'm only waiting for the on hold email. I ordered the white

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

aisling86 wrote: »
    My order is still processing I'm only waiting for the on hold email. I ordered the white
    Did you order the 200 assorted pods or select your own variety?

• Advertisement

august12 wrote: »
    Did you order the 200 assorted pods or select your own variety?

Selected my own

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭goose06

Probably, lock down is making me a little crazy
    I would guess it could be something as simple as someone else changed their mind or cancelled and your order could be processed in original colour..... Hope all your reds look nice together.

Ending in 9hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Anyone looking for a brand new machine, sealed, no pods though as was sent by nespresso for a replacement machine instead of collecting to repair. Never opened as started using french press / moka pot instead. Would have to be collected in cork , pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

How does this deal compare to the main one?

An Essenza Mini for £59 with 100 capsules and if you subscribe you get one month of capsules free also?

If it was for a beginner starting out into the world of coffee capsules, would this be OK?

https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/offers/summer-promotion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Morby wrote: »
    How does this deal compare to the main one?

An Essenza Mini for £59 with 100 capsules and if you subscribe you get one month of capsules free also?

If it was for a beginner starting out into the world of coffee capsules, would this be OK?

https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/offers/summer-promotion

It would be OK, and some see the old capsules as an advantage, because you can get crap capsules for them in aldi or wherever.

Personally, I think the new machine is better in every way.
    and the price is something around the same i.e the one you listed is 59 euros with 100 capsules, the other new machine is about double that, with twice as much coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

I was on the fence with this offer over the last few days, ended up biting in the last few minutes. Have the original pod machine, I will try the hundred vertuo capsules and keep/flog or gift the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I see there are a lot of tight arses like me here. Has anyone tried the ol' in and out with replacing the coffee inside the pods themselves? I think I looked it up a few years ago and it seemed like a lot of work. There's an invention for ya: a Pod Recoffeefying Machine. I could charge €300 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭torrevieja

just a heads up was talking today to customer service seems the vertuo plus limited edition machines a few came back were leaking , so i went for the Vertuo plus.

Meant to ask but can u add ordinary milk to these coffe pods or do u have to buy a frother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

torrevieja wrote: »
    just a heads up was talking today to customer service seems the vertuo plus limited edition machines a few came back were leaking , so i went for the Vertuo plus.

Meant to ask but can u add ordinary milk to these coffe pods or do u have to buy a frother
    To make cappuccinos etc yes you will need something like an Aeroccino to heat and froth the milk. Although they do look expensive so maybe look for a cheaper alternative. I use one but it came attached with a different model machine.

Seems they have added two new colours and the white and red gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just a heads up for anyone that recieved a shipping email. I got onto their live chat this morning because my order still says "processing" even though I got the shipping mail Monday. They said they are overloaded with orders and still trying to get through them, said that they tried to stop the emails from sending but some automated process sent them. Find that part hard to believe to be honest as no ERP system should be firing off emails until an outbound delivery is created on it. Anyway just in case anyone is wondering where there order is thats probably whats wrong. They said I will have it by no later than Friday but I find that hard to believe, Usually takes 2/3 days to get to me after the order ships and given mine won't be leaving the warehouse until this evening at best I'd say it'll be next week before it lands here.

Frustrating but I still have my old machine and plenty of pods so no panic really.

Just a heads up for anyone that recieved a shipping email. I got onto their live chat this morning because my order still says "processing" even though I got the shipping mail Monday. They said they are overloaded with orders and still trying to get through them, said that they tried to stop the emails from sending but some automated process sent them. Find that part hard to believe to be honest as no ERP system should be firing off emails until an outbound delivery is created on it. Anyway just in case anyone is wondering where there order is thats probably whats wrong. They said I will have it by no later than Friday but I find that hard to believe, Usually takes 2/3 days to get to me after the order ships and given mine won't be leaving the warehouse until this evening at best I'd say it'll be next week before it lands here.

Frustrating but I still have my old machine and plenty of pods so no panic really.

I was onto them aswell & mine is still being processed in warehouse I got shipping email Monday aswell but no tracking email yet. They must be absolutely swamped

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

I only got a dispatched mail just there now.

I ordered 10 minutes before I posted the thread (26th). So I would assume 5-6 days from order to dispatch.

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

aisling86 wrote: »
    Seems they have added two new colours and the white and red gone.

Those colours were always there, they just weren't included in the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I ordered the original machine €239 in black on Saturday before lunch got the despatched email on Sunday but order was showing as in progress on my account. Last night got another email that it was on it’s way no tracking info was supplied and it was on my doorstep at 10 this morning. Not entirely sure as it was a plain van but think it was nightline who delivered. Also purchased a lavazza milk frother for €45 in power city makes a fab coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Usually my orders come via Nightline with them. I wonder have they drafted in independent carriers to deliver stuff. I don't think tracking has ever worked with them for normal pod orders to be honest but I don't often check as its usually delivered within a couple of days.

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

All the couriers have been using unmarked and rented vans during the pandemic as presumably they don't have enough of their own to keep up with demand.

I always find Nespresso deliveries to be really fast after ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lau1247

The classic capsule Krup Essenza Mini is back to 60 Eur in Argos and the 100 free capsule offer is still going (plus 1 month subscription). Making the coffee machine effectively costing about 20 Eur or so (?).

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7097133/Trail/searchtext%3ENESPRESSO+ESSENZA.htm

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/offers/summer-promotion

Might come in handy for some.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Tried to add this to my basket but it’s coming in at €139 not €109?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

My order is on hold pending stock, they don't have any vertuo plus machines left - still took the order though. Could be a week or two delayed... or maybe more...

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

lau1247 wrote:
    The classic capsule Krup Essenza Mini is back to 60 Eur in Argos and the 100 free capsule offer is still going (plus 1 month subscription). Making the coffee machine effectively costing about 20 Eur or so (?).

What exactly does the 1 month subscription give you - is it one month free after which you can cancel, or is it one month free of say a 12 month subscription to which you are then tied in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lau1247

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    What exactly does the 1 month subscription give you - is it one month free after which you can cancel, or is it one month free of say a 12 month subscription to which you are then tied in?

I'm not 100% sure..

From the offer T&C page
    The offer consists of 100 complimentary pre-selected Original Line capsules as a first gift, and one month’s free Nespresso Coffee Subscription worth £25/€30 as a second gift when they go on to register and activate a Coffee Subscription by 23:59 on 31.12.2020. The 100 complimentary capsules will be made up of a pre-selected Original Line range chosen by Nespresso which cannot be changed/substituted for any other variants.

And then referring to the subscription page, it looks to me they will credit you 30 Eur so you can use it to buy.... coffee :pac:

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/subscription/coffee-subscription#/

If I get it right, you have to register the machine first by August for the 100 off capsule.. then the subscription one can be claimed any time before end of year after the 100 capsule claim.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I see there are a lot of tight arses like me here. Has anyone tried the ol' in and out with replacing the coffee inside the pods themselves? I think I looked it up a few years ago and it seemed like a lot of work. There's an invention for ya: a Pod Recoffeefying Machine. I could charge €300 for it.

:D:D:D why buy the most expensive, handiest option and then mess around filling pods ffs. why dont you grind your own and use a cemex or something. Nespress is not for tight arses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got my machine this morning. The bigger pods are way nicer. Coffee comes out hotter and less watery.

Advertisement