Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Fusion 87.6 which is audible in Dublin has been relaying an Australian radio station - Perths 92.9 - all day (Friday15th)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

has trinity gone off air and ministry returned yet? is ministry streaming or just fm only?

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

has trinity gone off air and ministry returned yet? is ministry streaming or just fm only?

Trinity still on ???????

Awaiting free frequency fm only at the Min ... .

fm only at the Min ...
    thats a shame, would love to be able to hear the station, will it be online anytime soon do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anybody know what's happened to NRG Dublin? Seems to be off fm this week. Did they get raided or are they just taking an xmas break?

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Anybody know what's happened to NRG Dublin? Seems to be off fm this week. Did they get raided or are they just taking an xmas break?
    technical problems apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

NRG had tech problems, they werent raided.
    rest of the pirates are off now if they have any sense..

Comreg have a yearly budget, if they dont use it, it will be very hard to justify the following years budget.
    its coming to the end of the year, they can spend the budget going for a trip around Ireland for a week, get overtime and have paperwork for any raids they successfully preform.

They know where pirate TX transmissions are coming from, they travel from city to city on other jobs regarding telecoms etc.. why wouldnt they jot down what pirates are in the area and have a sniff around? Sure its almost a hobby to them!

Station heard in South West Dublin on 107.1 , dance music with RDS reading S L R FM

Weak signal

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Wouldnt imagine there's much pirate activity this week is there?

no, their probably won't be for a little bit either apart from the station info heard, apparently many of the stations were completely cleaned out, can't confirm that for sure though

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Station heard in South West Dublin on 107.1 , dance music with RDS reading S L R FM

Weak signal

Now RDS is Dream107 and a clearer signal in South West Dublin.

Apart from Galaxy on 92.2 its a pirate free band - wonder will anything special appear for the 25th aniversary of the closures?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

NRG 91.6 back on air according to their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Nrg on low power i think, Could always tune in the drogheda area before they went off , but only bbc 3 on the frequency now

In Dublin:

NRG now on 88.1 - not as strong as before
    No.1 FM heard on 105.7 - RDS and relaying the German(?) Sat station 'The No.1 FM'

No sign of the return of Tonik or PDN following the raids.

Dream 107 went off air over the weekend while Energy was not on air over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Tonik still online id say they ll be back , some very unusual comments on there website , very strange indeed!

castle2012 wrote: »
    Tonik still online id say they ll be back , some very unusual comments on there website , very strange indeed!
    lol yeah, people taking the piss on the website i'd say, i'm sure tonik and play will be back, i hope so anyway dublin needs them.

Weak signal

The station formally ID'ing as SLR are now on 99.3 with RDS reading as Baseline and with a stronger signal

The station formally ID'ing as SLR are now on 99.3 with RDS reading as Baseline and with a stronger signal

Baseline have now moved to 99.5

True 80s have reappeared on 91.6 with a good signal

Also heard Storm north east on 104.2 over the weekend

Baseline have now moved to 99.5

True 80s have reappeared on 91.6 with a good signal

Also heard Storm north east on 104.2 over the weekend
    i hope play and tonik will return

True80s have been on live at night , Paul Wilson (ABC 94?) Was on air this evening but the station disappeared shortly after 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

A station on 93.2 in Dublin with the RDS of "KLUBOWA", whatever that is??!

JDxtra wrote: »
    A station on 93.2 in Dublin with the RDS of "KLUBOWA", whatever that is??!

Came across that yesterday. Was equally as confused!

what type of music is it playing? dance? glad to hear a few pirates springing up

what type of music is it playing? dance? glad to hear a few pirates springing up

Yeah some sort of dance, didn't like the sound of it so I kept going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

True80s have been on live at night , Paul Wilson (ABC 94?) Was on air this evening but the station disappeared shortly after 7pm

We he also involved with Easiradio on the same frequency and is he also the same guy that had an easy-listening pirate in the early '00s and was with Radio Dublin for part of the '90s? Did he not also turn up on licenced I.C.R. / Hot Country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

We he also involved with Easiradio on the same frequency and is he also the same guy that had an easy-listening pirate in the early '00s and was with Radio Dublin for part of the '90s? Did he not also turn up on licenced I.C.R. / Hot Country?

hi declan inded i was involved in all of the above good memory i was also involved in alot of outhers over the years the list is endless but hay u certenly no all ur stuff ur makeing me feel old lol thanks for the trip down memory lane

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

BASE FM 99.5, 101.5 various music, and a blank carrier on 107.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Rock Solid wrote: »
    BASE FM 99.5, 101.5 various music, and a blank carrier on 107.1

galaxy92 on 92.1. Wish they would sort it out and Put a capital on the G and a space in there too Galaxy 92 or even GALAXY 92. As for this Klubowa what the name of good god can't hear the music just the name is odd then Energy FM seriously wish they would relax on the house music not everyone in Dublin is mad into house music.

Then the legals are just ads or talking you be lucky to get a song 4 times and hour. Even the ads are stupid, 'it's nearly 5 o clock time to buy a new wardrobe' what in the name of god.

Can one station just play music that I know a mix of dance new and old and some timeless hits without someone yapping on about there friends dogs funny name, who gives a toss.

Then there's Spirit radio, who the hell gave them guys a license for about 3 TX's in Dublin.

msg11 wrote: »
    Energy FM seriously wish they would relax on the house music not everyone in Dublin is mad into house music.
    agree, at 1 stage we had, tonik, and energy, all playing house or mostly house and other varients of house, i wish the pirates would all strive for a different music policy instead of mostly the same music, to much house music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

msg11 wrote: »
    galaxy92 on 92.1. Wish they would sort it out and Put a capital on the G and a space in there too Galaxy 92 or even GALAXY 92. As for this Klubowa what the name of good god can't hear the music just the name is odd then Energy FM seriously wish they would relax on the house music not everyone in Dublin is mad into house music.

Then the legals are just ads or talking you be lucky to get a song 4 times and hour. Even the ads are stupid, 'it's nearly 5 o clock time to buy a new wardrobe' what in the name of god.

Can one station just play music that I know a mix of dance new and old and some timeless hits without someone yapping on about there friends dogs funny name, who gives a toss.

Then there's Spirit radio, who the hell gave them guys a license for about 3 TX's in Dublin.

Funny post! :)

RDS it's limited to 8 characters. So they could not have "Galaxy 92" with the space.

Advertisement