Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What if I need to sell house

• 22-10-2020 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Just looking for someone who might know the ins and outs of tenancy agreements: I'm due to re register tenancy to 'further part 4 tenancy', but I hope to sell house next year. I presume I have to register regardless but how do I allow myself the option to sell? Present tenant is in situ 10 years with a very agreeable rent so obviously I understand they might not want to move, so do I even have the option of asking them to move out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Selling is one of the reasons you can ask someone to move out. In some cases you will have to give up to 9 months notice depending on how long they have been there. Make sure the notice you give is correct, otherwise they could wait until close to the move out time and can then say the notice was invalid, try again.

You aren't allowed to rent it again after evicting them without first offering it back to them at the rent they were at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Ok good to know. They are excellent tenants in fairness so I will give them every opportunity to find a suitable place to move into. So I just re new tenancy agreement as normal I presume, there is no requirement to state intention to sell or anything?

Advertisement