Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage broker or bank

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Anybody apply for the avant mortgages yet? If so what broker did you use, Do i need to pick from this list?
    https://www.avantmoney.ie/mortgages/brokers

We drew down last December so before Avant came to the market but we happened to use one of the brokers on the avant list.
    Would certainly recommend them, and can do via PM if anyone wants. They don't charge a fee and they deal with all the mortgage suppliers on the market. We didn't need exemptions of anything like that but they lay out all the info you need to choose who is best for you so saves you a lot of hassle going to banks or researching yourself.
    We'll be using them again when our fixed rate is up.

They did recommend one particular bank so I was wondering if they possibly get different commission rates from each bank and recommend them but I might have been over thinking it as they weren't pushy or anything like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Go with a broker. Went AIP a few weeks ago and he got me an exemption too. A hassle-free process.

LTI or LTV? Still looking for an LTI but can't seem to find a bank that does them anymore

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Go with a broker. Went AIP a few weeks ago and he got me an exemption too. A hassle-free process.

Curious as to what bank you got the exemption from, anything I can see is that they are on hold in all banks? Where did you get it a few week ago out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Troula wrote: »
    To be honest we are kinda inclined to go with BOI.

If you enjoy wasting thousands of euro per annum for the rest of your life - sure, go ahead.

I really don't understand how BOI has any customers, but then I read a post like this and lose faith in humanity...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just my 2c here but from my experience, when we approached the bank we use originally we were given mediocre advice but some of it was just plain incorrect. When I went with a broker recommended by a colleague afterwards, he was able to debunk a number of things we were told and got us a great deal, in particular since we wanted to go self build route. I will admit though that this broker charged a fee as well as getting the commission but we got AIP in about 4 days after submission to the bank so I do rate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

2nd time buyer. We went direct with Aib. Had AIP within less than 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

michellie wrote: »
    2nd time buyer. We went direct with Aib. Had AIP within less than 24 hours.

Have you first mortgage cleared?
    Are you keeping first house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mousblaster17

Jasna1982 wrote: »
    LTI or LTV? Still looking for an LTI but can't seem to find a bank that does them anymore

What is LTI? I know what LTV is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mousblaster17

gogo wrote: »
    Curious as to what bank you got the exemption from, anything I can see is that they are on hold in all banks? Where did you get it a few week ago out of interest?

Yes a few weeks back. Permanent TSB gave me the exemption. They were the only bank that would give the exemption, so not on hold with all banks. All others were 3.5 times salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

What is LTI? I know what LTV is though.

Loan to Income. More than 3.5x salary.

Interesting you got it from PTSB. I went on Monday and the girl seemed genuinely sorry, but the main lender said all exemptions were off

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Advertisement
Advertisement