Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbours and the Garden!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ted1 wrote: »
    Was he in the wrong ? No.
    Was he being a dick? Yes

If you are being a dick you are in the wrong. The simple neighborly thing would have been a knock at the OPs door, explain he was unhappy with the overhanging branches, that he was prepared to cut it back his side on THIS occasion and return the cuttings and rubbish. Guy gets the message that they maybe need to be a bit more ‘on top’ of their tree but there are no hard feelings or childishness and throwing branches into gardens.

Because one issue exists, it’s not going to solve much by causing another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Caranica wrote: »
    He WAS in the wrong. He has to OFFER the cuttings back to the OP but the OP does not have to accept them. Fecking them over into the OP's garden is not legal.

I can just see my neighbor coming into our garden

Hello Mrs I have just cut your trees that were growing into my garden would you like them back:)

op did you actually see the neighbor throwing the cuttings into your garden

sometimes when my oh is cutting the trees part falls into our garden and part falls onto the footpath outside as we are an end house

Advertisement