Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Fcuking door to door salesmen are out in their droves again, knowing full well lots of people are still working from home.

I know they're just trying to make a living but mother of fcuking god, I HATE the business model.

Can't just ignore the bell either as I'm waiting on a couple of deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Fcuking door to door salesmen are out in their droves again, knowing full well lots of people are still working from home.

I know they're just trying to make a living but mother of fcuking god, I HATE the business model.

I look younger than I am. When I moved into my house first I used to say my mam wasn't in.

Then when I was on maternity leave I'd say I'm just the childminder.... The parents won't be home until late :)

These lies don't work too well now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A sales guy appeared at our door 2 weeks ago. Saw him on the camera and he was carrying a parcel so assumed it was a delivery.
    Raging when he started babbling on about something he wanted me to buy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

murpho999 wrote: »
    Over benevolent drivers. You know the type, those that stop on the main road to let cars out of an adjoining minor road.

It causes chaos.
    Last week I was coming out of a small industrial estate onto a major road. I stopped at the junction and was patiently and calmly waiting for traffic to pass so I could do a right turn
    Then a person on the main road to my right stopped and I didn't know why. I did nothing and then the stopped driver started waving at me frantically and flashing lights to tell me to go but eventually got themselves stressed at the situation they created and started to drive off but at the same time I decided to go out and then we're heading for a collision and both had to brake and we ended up with a stand off and lots of stressed drivers including those in the build up of cars that is behind the person who stopped for you.

It would have been much easier if they had followed the rules of the road and they had just driven on the road normally that they had the right of way on and eventually the traffic would have passed and we'd have all carried on our merry way.

I really find it a strange thnig to do and have only seen it happen here.Try the same thing abroad and people will think you're crazy.

I had a guy trying to wave me on at traffic lights one day. I was stopped at a red light. He had the green light, coming in the opposite direction.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Strumms wrote: »
    I’ll have to be dragged out of people in a Q for airport security some day... morons.... the rules are written everywhere... the PA in addition repeats ad nauseam what you should and need to do, every two minutes....

And they gaze blankly as everyone else around them is getting prepared BEFORE they reach the actual screening area.
    A few years ago, I was behind a couple who were unaware of the liquids/ toiletries restrictions (how!)... When they were told, they actually stood at the screening area, starting to leisurely divide stuff up between them, 'you take this, I will take that' as though they were at home rather than in a busy airport.

They actually had to be told to move aside by the staff, to continue their unpacking and repacking, so that the hundreds of people who needed to get through, could do so. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Would you not have just asked the mother outright if she could just move the child rather than touching somebody else's child? Not that I think what did you was so wrong or anything but personally I would be really afraid of how a parent would react to a stranger doing something like that, whether they are in the right or wrong I wouldnt think the potnetial scene/alteraction would be worth taking a chance on

I did ask, and was totally ignored. So I took affirmative action. There were no consequences thankfully and Uncle got a seat. Result!

I don't think people are THAT selfish, they are glued to phones or whatnot and don't realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I did ask, and was totally ignored. So I took affirmative action. There were no consequences thankfully and Uncle got a seat. Result!

I don't think people are THAT selfish, they are glued to phones or whatnot and don't realise.

TA having to go back a few pages to find out what this is about

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

TA'd when your earphone cable snags and rip out of your ears.

People who carry on conversations on their phone on speaker at full volume on public transport.

Honestly why the **** would you think anyone wants to hear that ****.

Just so ****ing rude, can’t get my around how self absorbed these people must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

dubstarr wrote: »
    No i dont think thats the case.People have a right to grieve how they see fit.

The baby was stillborn,so if they want a professional photographer in to take pictures to help them heal,thats their business.

And maybe somebody who lost a baby and sees them talking and sees the pictures ifit helps them,that can only be a good thing.

This.. 100 times this.

My husband and I lost our son last year and I have to say people questioning the way they process their grief has really annoyed me. This is a couple who live their lives on social media, and it's so refreshing to see them portray the sheer pain and rawness that a loss like this brings. It is a part of life, a cruel part but still a part of it. People complain that you only see the good side of life on social media. I cried reading her Instagram post today, I felt everything she is feeling. I don't think these pics look staged. Maybe they had a photographer take pics for them but so what. I bet they got a lot more personal pics that they didn't share with the world. Heck the midwife looking after me got some pics of myself and my husband and our boy which were just as good as those.

People grieve how they want to grieve and I actually surprised myself with how I processed my grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........that makes sense. I was so confused why there was suddenly a ton of posts in here I hadn't seen.

TA for today is I was right in the middle of a dream when the alarm clock woke me up and now I've a headache coz I was in the wrong part of my sleep cycle.

Ha same! :) I was thinking jaysus I must have hit the sauce hard last night because I missed pages of TAs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

sallysue2 wrote: »
    This.. 100 times this.

My husband and I lost our son last year and I have to say people questioning the way they process their grief has really annoyed me. This is a couple who live their lives on social media, and it's so refreshing to see them portray the sheer pain and rawness that a loss like this brings. It is a part of life, a cruel part but still a part of it. People complain that you only see the good side of life on social media. I cried reading her Instagram post today, I felt everything she is feeling. I don't think these pics look staged. Maybe they had a photographer take pics for them but so what. I bet they got a lot more personal pics that they didn't share with the world. Heck the midwife looking after me got some pics of myself and my husband and our boy which were just as good as those.

People grieve how they want to grieve and I actually surprised myself with how I processed my grief.
    I lost a baby two years ago. I still think about her. Even though we have been blessed with a little girl this year. I saw the news article this morning and it really hit a nerve for me to be honest. But I agree everyone should grieve as they need and if you have the support of your fans/ followers at your disposal then it makes sense to harness that. In fact, I wish it wasn't so taboo to talk about miscarriage. It happens to so many parents, but it's almost like you're not supposed to talk about it. I found it was only when I opened up about it that so many other women said they'd the same experience. Almost like the me too movement. It's important to open the dialogue.

My TA is people who whistle. Are they just trying to prove how happy they are to the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Dial Hard wrote: »

At least right now there's the "Sorry I'm in a meeting" excuse to fob them off

People who carry on conversations on their phone on speaker at full volume on public transport.

Honestly why the **** would you think anyone wants to hear that ****.

Just so ****ing rude, can’t get my around how self absorbed these people must be.

Yes, and playing music or some **** clip or other, out loud on their phones.
    FFS, nobody else wants to listen to that. Get yourself some earphones.

Oh yeah, this really gets me. I'm walking on the footpath, and a group of (sorry) teenagers approach, they do NOT move to single file so I go onto the road for SD. WTAF?

It's always ME that has to move. Eejits with no idea what is involved in this. Sigh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Oh yeah, this really gets me. I'm walking on the footpath, and a group of (sorry) teenagers approach, they do NOT move to single file so I go onto the road for SD. WTAF?

It's always ME that has to move. Eejits with no idea what is involved in this. Sigh.....

Its usually women in their 30/40's in my experience. Not all but some. Too busy chatting so I just stay on the outside and walk on the road when its clear they are discussing something so important it prohibits them from thinking about other people.

Yes, and playing music or some **** clip or other, out loud on their phones.
    FFS, nobody else wants to listen to that. Get yourself some earphones.

Was on a train to Kerry some time ago obv. and a woman in the opposite seat was shouting on the phone for about ten minutes. Ugh.

When she finished I said "thank you for sharing your life with us, but we don't care so shut up" I can be like that. And in fairness she apologised. We can be far too scared to say anything to these idiots.

The woman just didn't realise how loud she was, it is the same as the bags on seats on the Luas/Dart whatever. Call them out I say!

This thread is SO cathartic. I can feel my shoulders going down a bit now having let out all the crap I see day to day. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I look younger than I am. When I moved into my house first I used to say my mam wasn't in.

Then when I was on maternity leave I'd say I'm just the childminder.... The parents won't be home until late :)

These lies don't work too well now :)

You reminded me of a story about a friend of mine years ago who looks really young. She was in the supermarket with her mam packing the shopping away and the woman on the till looks at her mam and goes " awww bless, the little ones love to pack the bags"
    My friend was 30 at the time. The cashier was about 50:)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Was on a train to Kerry some time ago obv. and a woman in the opposite seat was shouting on the phone for about ten minutes. Ugh.

When she finished I said "thank you for sharing your life with us, but we don't care so shut up" I can be like that. And in fairness she apologised. We can be far too scared to say anything to these idiots.

The woman just didn't realise how loud she was, it is the same as the bags on seats on the Luas/Dart whatever. Call them out I say!

Why is it always women? I've been on enough journeys by bus or train.

Can't they just buy a book or a magazine! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was on the Limerick to Dublin bus once and this loud, cocky arse spent the whole journey bellowing into his phone. It was all about his work with all that annoying yank office speak, crap like: touch base, going forward, knock it out of the park. He must have used every single one of these stupid phrases known to man, several times over.

A single phone call it was, he started just as we were pulling out and didn't end the call until we got to Dublin, I kid you not.
    I was ready to do time for him by the end of it. I got the feeling the whole bus would have swung for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Our wood burning stove started leaking there in the recent heavy rains so we contacted the company who installed it (5 years ago at this point) to see if they would come out and repair it. They've just texted us to say it'll be November (no date given) before they can get out to us. Some customer service there. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Not an annoyance but a reflection - I am sorry for the way I responded to Chrissy Tiegan’s IG post - there is a time and a place to talk about celebrity culture and this was not it.

My condolences to anyone who has lost a child and again, sincerest apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Our wood burning stove started leaking there in the recent heavy rains so we contacted the company who installed it (5 years ago at this point) to see if they would come out and repair it. They've just texted us to say it'll be November (no date given) before they can get out to us. Some customer service there. :rolleyes:

I've a few odd jobs needing doing that I can't do myself and its impossible to get anyone.

I rang my dentist, appointment in 6 weeks is the best they can do. What the absolute ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Know-it-all distant relative who think she's some part to play in my parent's care and well being. A person who has never and would never make the sacrifices to become a full time carer having the cheek to tell me what I 'should' do and telling me what they think I'm doing wrong.

I do have a TA - beer delivered with shopping today and I’m too tired to be bothered having one.

God I’m old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Archeron

I wanted something nice and there's a basket in the spare room where I'm sure there was some sweets hidden. Because the room is full of clutter I had to reach and contort over and around crap and just got one hand into the basket. Feeling blindly in the basket, I feel the bag, success, could be dolly mixtures or even rolo minis.

Nope, a fcuking wardrobe dehumidifier.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Got a can of Sapporo in the shopping, for old times sake . ( reminds me of a picnic years ago :) )
    TA is rather than the can I poured it into a glass and it looks like cider more than lager.
    Tastes grand though :)

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »
    I wanted something nice and there's a basket in the spare room where I'm sure there was some sweets hidden. Because the room is full of clutter I had to reach and contort over and around crap and just got one hand into the basket. Feeling blindly in the basket, I feel the bag, success, could be dolly mixtures or even rolo minis.

Nope, a fcuking wardrobe dehumidifier.

:mad:

That’s how you know Satan exists!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement