Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things that you don't give a $hit about.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Politics.

They're all idiots.
    Look at Brexit, Gove, Patel, BoJo et al. Deliberately lying, knowing they can do what they want and getting away with.
    Makes me too mad to think about so I've stopped thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Online opinions.

Not even mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Struggling to think of something I do give a sh*t about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I own a property ..and thanks to the homeless crisis i and the risk of being sued for discrimination i had to show to 128 ...yes ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT PEOPLE to show i wasn't discriminating.

I then had to ring at least half of those back to further show i was not discriminating.

That is down the homeless crisis.

You try showing a flat to 128 people in 12 days.

That would be more indicative of poor property management practices on your part IMO.

I also own a property, (2 actually counting my home) but use an agent to manage it.
    My own time is far more precious to me than the 7% management charge.

It's awful to be comfortably off isn't it, goddamn plebs not appreciating the effort us of the landlord class put into avoiding risk and litigation whilst maximising the return...

You need to be careful IMO, as over the past couple of days it's almost as if you are actively trying to fulfil a stereotypical trope that I'd never have labelled you with in your 1st 5k posts. ;)

Online opinions.

Except you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be fouling up threads like a stubborn pigeon in the rafters.

• Advertisement

My point is more the nonsense spoken in the media and by opposition politicians about the housing 'crisis'. So much of it is complete rubbish and they love labelling anything and everything as a bloody crisis, here a crisis, there a crisis, everywhere a crisis crisis.

Ps, I do have a nice secure job and a very reasonable tenancy also :-)

How about you?

Answered in part above in a reply to iloveyourvibes.

But to answer your own question.
    I'd share what I think is your opinion as to our manufactured homelessness.
    Quite a large degree of our crisis is manufactured and a result of extremely shortsighted policy decisions.

In particular the original removal of bedsit type accommodation pushed a large cohort of single people towards homelessness with no effort made to legislate to replace those beds removed from the market.

And now that FG have reintroduced glorified bed-sits they are quite rightly imo being called out for it.

On my own accommodation I own my home outright(thankfully) and I am currently a medical pensioner.

Irish Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Brexit.

I used to be enthralled by it but three years later I'm so f*cking fed up with all the coverage it gets and the stupidity of the whole thing that I just want it to be over and never have to hear the word again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

LGBTQxyz.. I couldn't give a crap if you're gay or if someone wants to identify as a man, woman or a unicorn, but I'd draw the line at a man identifying as a woman to use a female change room.. If that man follows my daughter into a changing room I'm identifying as the tooth fairy and kicking out all his teeth :)

Soccer & Golf, I simply don't care.
    Yeah, sure you would.

People love making out that they're these straight talking hardmen online. It's laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    People love making out that they're these straight talking hardmen online. It's laughable.
    I'll put a fiver on makikomi v woke hogan. Anyone want a piece of this action? Two to one odds..

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »
    I'll put a fiver on makikomi v woke hogan. Anyone want a piece of this action? Two to one odds..

I honestly really was just coming to post similar :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I really can't bring myself to care about climate change. Don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

influencers

Except you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be fouling up threads like a stubborn pigeon in the rafters.

Harsh but fair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Any odds offered on how many kicks it will take to knock out all the teeth of the changing room offender?

Any odds offered on how many kicks it will take to knock out all the teeth of the changing room offender?

Is it Mak doing the kicking?
    Is there a nearby kerb or bench?
    Does the kickee have a full set of naturals to start with?
    :D

The Tooth Fairy vs Woke ‘Hulk’ Hogan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I don't need to fight anyone to prove what a hard, virile man I am to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

That is such a defeatist attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

People's kids - I couldn't give a $hite if little Johnny is starting school in September and just got his first uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Wimping out because he’d whip your sexagenarian ass. Understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Think it's all been said

Reality TV, celebrities, influencers, etc.

Then again, to each their own. What I give a crap about (Brexit, politics, sci-fi, gaming, etc) could completely bore the pants off others.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I own a property ..and thanks to the homeless crisis i and the risk of being sued for discrimination i had to show to 128 ...yes ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT PEOPLE to show i wasn't discriminating.

I then had to ring at least half of those back to further show i was not discriminating.

That is down the homeless crisis.

You try showing a flat to 128 people in 12 days.

And you manage to start 196 threads and post 300000 times in the last few weeks.

Wimping out because he’d whip your sexagenarian ass. Understandable.

Well , he does have a vice-like grip

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

sexagenarian ass.

Sounds gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Game of Thrones. I just never got it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Yeah, sure you would.

As someone who knows Makikomi in real life, I can confirm that Woke Hogan is wrong.

Makikomi is a gent, unless you are an asshat....then he will tell you are an asshat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Direct provision
    Using pronouns on my twitter bio
    Hurling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Also, I dont give a sh1t about being "Politically Correct".

Advertisement