Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

People who walk into a shop or supermarket and approach the newspaper stand and open up a newspaper on the stand and start leafing through it licking their fingers in the process totally oblivious that they're in everyone's way. This totally plsses me off. I only buy a paper on a Sunday. Grrrrrrr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don’t think it’s the “manufacturer” that doesn’t allow it, P, it’s the WHO. It’s actually a terrible system. The staff, in places like Boots, aren’t even allowed to answer questions a customer may have on which formula to get.

Even on that course you’re supposed do with a midwife, before the baby arrives, they aren’t supposed to talk about formula.

Ours were all breastfed but that was our decision, others might not be in a “position” to do it or just may not want to. Shocking that these people are left in the dark when it comes to information on feeding their newborn.

Oh right, I was told in dunnes it was the manufacturer but anyway I don't think it's dunnes own policy is the point I was making. :)

I remember when I said I was bottle feeding mine, someone said to me "oh don't feel guilty".... I was so stunned by that statement and probably sleep deprived... I straight away asked "what have I to feel guilty about?, the child is fed! " they were like "oh, oh emm, right" :D

Funny you mention it though, when I asked the midwife about formula, she said they couldn't give an opinion, she was very nice about it so I just presumed they couldn't be seen to favour one manufacturer over the other.

I'll be honest, I never felt any pressure to breastfeed the above comment was the only "negative" one I got. I wonder what she'll decide when she has her own. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think we've had a fantastic spring and early summer. Very little rain and lots of sunshine.

As soon as lockdown started to lift the weather changed.... Some might think nature is trying to tell us something :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

gammygils wrote: »
    People who walk into a shop or supermarket and approach the newspaper stand and open up a newspaper on the stand and start leafing through it licking their fingers in the process totally oblivious that they're in everyone's way. This totally plsses me off. I only buy a paper on a Sunday. Grrrrrrr :(

Then they move on to the bakery section and start pawing at all the freshly-baked bread. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A Back to the Future TA. Part 2 really: we seeBiff trying to rape Marty's mother in the first film. Then in the second film Marty's parents give him a job that has him round their house all the time :confused:
    'Guess what Honey? Remember Biff, the guy who tried to rape you during our prom? Well you'll be seeing a lot more of him from now on: I've just given him a job.'

• Advertisement

People who say "you're right!", but in a way that suggests authority moreso than agreement.

An example being where there could be three or four people wondering aloud amongst themselves for 10 minutes or so until someone comes up with the answer or solution; one which usually seems obvious after.

But "you're right!" dude thinks that his validation is required before the information can be taken on board :pac:

I don't know why this annoys me but it does, probably to do with a word whose acceptable spelling on this forum begins with the letter k, and the individual concerned being one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

People who say "you're right!", but in a way that suggests authority moreso than agreement.

An example being where there could be three or four people wondering aloud amongst themselves for 10 minutes or so until someone comes up with the answer or solution; one which usually seems obvious after.

But "you're right!" dude thinks that his validation is required before the information can be taken on board :pac:

I don't know why this annoys me but it does, probably to do with a word whose acceptable spelling on this forum begins with the letter k, and the individual concerned being one :pac:

You’re not wrong!

You’re not wrong!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The house is not the cleanest today, but it's not filthy (clothes basket is full, dishes are not put away and I've still to go out and buy white vinegar and baking soda for a coffee stain on the carpet), but because it's Sunday I just think "awk I'll do it tomorrow, it's Sunday, I can't be fuc'ked"

Nah, the brother-in-law wants to come down and visit tonight after the missus finishes work, and his wife is the the nosiest, two-faced woman I've ever met -- very snidey, very dry, very judgy, and I know well she's gonna see this house (especially that stain on the carpet) and take it home with her and have a nice conversation cuppa with her family on how "disgusting Dave's house is".

I could easily put a swamp under my arse and clean the place from top to bottom, but I won't. But I am annoyed they're coming down because I don't want to be another notch on her "ew" list. TA'd that they're coming down on a day where I am rightfully at my most lazy. Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The house is not the cleanest today, but it's not filthy (clothes basket is full, dishes are not put away and I've still to go out and buy white vinegar and baking soda for a coffee stain on the carpet), but because it's Sunday I just think "awk I'll do it tomorrow, it's Sunday, I can't be fuc'ked"

Nah, the brother-in-law wants to come down and visit tonight after the missus finishes work, and his wife is the the nosiest, two-faced woman I've ever met -- very snidey, very dry, very judgy, and I know well she's gonna see this house (especially that stain on the carpet) and take it home with her and have a nice conversation cuppa with her family on how "disgusting Dave's house is".

I could easily put a swamp under my arse and clean the place from top to bottom, but I won't. But I am annoyed they're coming down because I don't want to be another notch on her "ew" list. TA'd that they're coming down on a day where I am rightfully at my most lazy. Go away.

Tell them someone you were in contact the other day has tested positive for Covid.

You need, at least, a days “notice” before someone is visiting. A mate can drop in but you wouldn’t have to do much if they do.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tell them someone you were in contact the other day has tested positive for Covid.

You need, at least, a days “notice” before someone is visiting. A mate can drop in but you wouldn’t have to do much if they do.

Yeh.... just flush the King Edward down the pipes.

How difficult is that.

Well I just found out he's coming tomorrow so I don't have to deal with him or his nosy wife for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Well I just found out he's coming tomorrow so I don't have to deal with him or his nosy wife for another day.

You gonna tackle that stain before they come?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I know they’re probably trying to save their battery and all but I can’t stand when someone passes me their phone to look at something and it’s so dim I can hardly see it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

With all the advances in technology, it's still so difficult to play classic late 90s games like Championship Manager 1997/1998 or the original Grand Theft Auto on a regular Windows 10 laptop - without having to download / install emulators etc that may not work.

blade1 wrote: »
    You gonna tackle that stain before they come?:pac:

Tackled! I threw some fabric softener on it, let it soak and then scrubbed it with a dry towel. Can't believe it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My bar thing with the bookmarks and open tabs keeps mysteriously disappearing... Occasionally it comes back to stay, but then it goes away after awhile, and I have NOOOOO idea what combination of keys does either.

Also chromebooks need more keys - no capslock key is a pain when typing documents... I can change a few keys around, but then the switching of one function to another messes with other essential key functions. :/ ...and no bloody delete key!

The designers really need to type on chromebooks awhile before deciding what functions go with what keys... hmmph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Any time I see someone write "should of" in a text or when someone uses the phrase "going forward" I die a little inside

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

^^^
    'going forward'. I remember when it first started to creep in a few years ago.
    Now it is used by half the country :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Any time I see someone write "should of" in a text or when someone uses the phrase "going forward" I die a little inside

Ah stop. I have had to insist on reading e-mails trainees are sending to customers in advance because of poor grammar. Should of, done instead of did, US spellings of words, incorrect spellings of words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

There seems to have been an explosion of people spelling metres as meters since the lockdown.

We are not in f*cking America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

"Unlimited" data which is throttled to an almost unusable speed after 80 GB.

Is it unlimited or not? This is somewhere the EU need to clamp down on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

All those annoying covid19 related buzzwords/phrases.
    'the new normal'
    'bringing us closer by being apart'
    etc, etc

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There seems to have been an explosion of people spelling metres as meters since the lockdown.

We are not in f*cking America.

Wow. I have worked in the construction industry since 2004 and have never spelled the word with an -re. Always meter. I never even knew that metre was a thing till now!

My TA: took a day off work, but now that I work from home it's basically the same as a workday. Nothing special about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ah stop. I have had to insist on reading e-mails trainees are sending to customers in advance because of poor grammar. Should of, done instead of did, US spellings of words, incorrect spellings of words

Fighting a losing battle Rig

The ‘done’ and ‘seen ‘ lads, the ‘so’ sentence starters,the ‘like’ merchants have us beaten.

I have thrown in the towel anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Gawdammit chromebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Thinking you got through the worst part and you start to relax and then you get hit in the face with something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Taking masking tape off the windows after painting . Except it isn't peeling straight off as normal , it looks like it's still stuck on the glass .
    Scrubber time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tired feet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Realising that 2000 was 20 years ago, not 10 :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement