Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Just had a Milky Way Crispy Roll for the first time in a long time. So good I got a second one.

Never heard of that,what is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Never heard of that,what is in it?

From the exact description, it's "Milk Chocolate covered wafer biscuit fingers with a lightly whipped filling". They're amazing!

milky-way-crispy-rolls.jpg

From the exact description, it's "Milk Chocolate covered wafer biscuit fingers with a lightly whipped filling". They're amazing!

milky-way-crispy-rolls.jpg

I must try one now,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Made a raspberry and almond frangipane tart....Herself asked ....she got......I ask...she has a headache ....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TH that Gifted is sharing his baking pics again .
    Looks fab !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    TH that Gifted is sharing his baking pics again .
    Looks fab !

Ya Mam, getting back into my baking again, made a lemon drizzle cake last week....the eldest chick loves helping me so I'm delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

When you wake up and the first thing you do is let an enormous ripping fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

gifted wrote: »
    Ya Mam, getting back into my baking again, made a lemon drizzle cake last week....the eldest chick loves helping me so I'm delighted

Aw , that's lovely Gifted , both of you baking together , one day it'll be the family business :)
    I'm placing first order now , lemon drizzle cake and what's the old favorite? Oh yeah , your sausage rolls , the posters here will have you booked out :p
    Happy baking Gifted , :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

gifted wrote: »
    Made a raspberry and almond frangipane tart....Herself asked ....she got......I ask...she has a headache ....lol lol
    I know you're married already and we are both straight men but seriously Gifted, Marry Me!!
    That looks absolutely delicious.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I went to my local café, forgot that they close early on Saturday. I apologised, as I could see they were trying to close up. The owner said hang on, and came out with two boxes, with free cake for myself and elderly uncle. Great to see customer loyalty appreciated.

• Advertisement

• That's lovely madmaggie. Reminded me of a time I was watching great British bake off and they made these swedish cakes called princess cakes. They sounded so delicious and I was thinking I'd love to try one. A couple days later I was in a cafe with my friend just drinking coffee and the guy working there came over with a princess cake for each of us, free of charge. He said he was swedish and this was a cake from his country. It was so nice of him and the cake was lovely.

I'm TH I just had one of them mberry tablets and now this lemon is the nicest thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee by a beautiful log fire ... bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've found out how to skip those 30 sec ads on words with friends. Press the timer on the right and you can FF to the end on the left.
    Very happy about this

Watching “The Last of the Mohicans” ...
    “What are you looking at, sir?”
    “I’m looking at you, miss”

SWOOOOOON!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bumped into an old school friend yesterday. We did the whole what are you at, when I was done rabbiting on, she said she's recovering from cancer. No drama, just matter of fact. She's grateful it was caught early, and so grateful for all the help she got. It really hit me how much I take my health for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Arsenal losing . Personal thing but I fooking love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"Being true to yourself even amidst extreme doubt, counts for a lot."

Those were magic words for me today. Hope they help someone else too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My uncle's 50th birthday party earlier today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A few Th, seeing my favorite wee man saturday and the two us were mental running around the kitchen, then we brought him outside and he was holding my hand bringing me down to where the apple trees are, constantly saying "appie" on the way down :3 and then I picked him and brought him over to the moo cows and he was mooing mad at them :3.

The second Th is my sister is pregnant again and in April I'll have another favorite wee man or wee girl :3.

The third Th is seeing a video of my niece giving out to her daddy, she's a proper little madam :3.

and the final Th is this video of cafe cat balmed out on the middle of the floor and not one damn is given :3

• Stayed up late reading tonight and felt myself getting a bit emotional over the story. Looked over at my dog and she was watching me keenly. Kept reading and eventually had a little cry. My dog jumped up and flung herself onto my lap (which she's too big for!), knocked the book out of my hand and went crazy licking up my tears and snuggling against me. She's just the sweetest thing. That's the second time she's knocked a book that's made me cry out of my hands and went about cheering me up. :) TH I have the loveliest dog on Earth. Although slightly TA that I'm such an emotional basketcase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hope makes me.. hopeful, which is a happy.. Emerging after long whiles comatose abed ( the plague!) to see the forecast for SNOW and listening to a gale howling " WE WILL NOT LET THE FERRY PASS TODAY>> " then seeing the weather board re snow on Friday... needing fuel.... badly. So hope is my companion, making me happy..

have alerted passport control/immigration that NO ONE is allowed in without a sack of coal... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH that i could finish my shopping parcours successfully.😁

Sounds funny but it happens seldom that i really get all these little items i am hunting. The original cable of my iPad mini decided to resolve itself and needed a replacement. Found a no name 2m long bright yellow one in a pound shop for just 4,99€, strike. Then i am scratching all my ‘reading helps’ means cheapo glasses. Urgent replacement needed. 🤓

I knew that one of the local shops had an advertisement last week. Yes, there it was with +3,5 dioptres, a fake wooden frame and huge glasses for just 3,89€. Now i look a bit like Willy from Maya the bee with glasses but i like it. 😂

On the way back i collected another good sixty walnuts for my winter storage. Most of them will end up in my self baked bread. So a real triple strike for a grey autumn day. With new glasses, a new live line for my Apple gadget and the nuts i feel a bit like... a happy squirrel.🐿

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Luna Cold Boat

Another cropping of excellent cooking apples today. Boxed and delivered to friends and family. There's something primal about harvesting food.

And, a letter from somebody I haven't heard from all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Pizza!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Pizza!

Me2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*slides plates across the counter*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Pizza!

I'll take a slice if it's going ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I finished work at 5 today, and I'm off until Tuesday. :cool:

Even better, I just got an e-mail that told be I'd won a night in some fancy hotel with a 4-course dinner and other stuff. Since I'm the sort of philistine who wouldn't appreciate that sort of thing, I'll probably give it to my mother. (As she'll probably bring one of my sisters, maybe we'll find out who she loves the most... ;) )

• Advertisement

Tacos and Tequila, both of which I have over indulged.

Advertisement