Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parklands Citywest

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

MadamM20 wrote: »
    Hello guys,

Another question, is anyone waiting still on contracts from H&M?
    We paid the booking deposit for a house right at the time of lockdown and haven’t heard anything yet, neither our solicitor. I thought they would be slow because of lockdown but now I’m concerned they have sold the house to someone else.

Is any one else in the same situation?

Thanks!

Did you try contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MadamM20

Dylan94 wrote: »
    Did you try contact them?

Not yet, as we need to sort some stuff like valuation etc. My broker said to wait for them to contact me, but I’m not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kcv_dcm

Hi. They are very slow for some strange reason which I couldn't get it either. In our case, we continuously chased them ourselves directly contacting H&M and got the contracts to our Solicitor. Actually, it so happened that we booked in the pre-Covid months and they were very quick to send the contract. But we took sometime as were weren't sure which of the two houses we had in mind we should go with. We later changed our mind to go with other house and we informed them. Our Solicitor sent the contracts back and requested H&M to send new contract of the other house we were interested. They acknowledged. By that time Covid had struck. That is when the delays started. It took sometime for them to send the contract and finally we signed last week. I guess they will send the contract eventually. But you got to remind them and get in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thegoodword

Hi all

Anyone get any solid updates from H&M yet? They are pushing back viewings regularly but are very selective with updates

Hi all

Anyone get any solid updates from H&M yet? They are pushing back viewings regularly but are very selective with updates

Thats right. We too had the same experience. We asked them for some information on three occasions. But we received a response only for one! Very selective and slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RocioLS

Hi all,
    On Monday I paid the deposit for one of the type 4 houses. After speaking with my solicitor, he told me that by law in new developments a number of house is allocated to "social house". Does anyone know how many houses are going to be used for social houses and where are they going to be? Looking at the map (brochure) I have doubts about what will be the area painted in purple near the creche, on the right near the Luas station (it appears outside Parklands and I can't see any information about what it can be, just numbers) do you think they are more apartments? I have asked H&M but it does not respond to that.
    thank you in advance!!! Is going to be my first house and I´m very nervous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The law on social housing says the developer must offer 10% of a development to it. It can be higher than that if the council or housing agencies like Cluid decide to buy up stock. Generally though I think it is apartments that they are more interested in rather than houses.

RocioLS wrote: »
    Hi all,
    On Monday I paid the deposit for one of the type 4 houses. After speaking with my solicitor, he told me that by law in new developments a number of house is allocated to "social house". Does anyone know how many houses are going to be used for social houses and where are they going to be? Looking at the map (brochure) I have doubts about what will be the area painted in purple near the creche, on the right near the Luas station (it appears outside Parklands and I can't see any information about what it can be, just numbers) do you think they are more apartments? I have asked H&M but it does not respond to that.

At present the law says 10%, although the new Housing Minister wants to increase to 20% (during FF tenure in the past it was 20%). I heard usually they are apartments. H&M told me the pink ones in the beginning are the apartments.

But honestly, there is a this huge misconception about social housing in Ireland. I work as a professor at a large university in Dublin. I am non-Irish and non-white. One of my closest colleague friend in our department grew up most of his life in social housing in Tallaght. We have a lot of Irish common friends (inside & outside University) who come from a well-to-do families. Ofcourse, I am not saying everything w.r.t social housing is great but somehow this fear about folks in social housing is, in my opinion, exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

kcv_dcm wrote: »
    At present the law says 10%, although the new Housing Minister wants to increase to 20% (during FF tenure in the past it was 20%). I heard usually they are apartments. H&M told me the pink ones in the beginning are the apartments.

But honestly, there is a this huge misconception about social housing in Ireland. I work as a professor at a large university in Dublin. I am non-Irish and non-white. One of my closest colleague friend in our department grew up most of his life in social housing in Tallaght. We have a lot of Irish common friends (inside & outside University) who come from a well-to-do families. Ofcourse, I am not saying everything w.r.t social housing is great but somehow this fear about folks in social housing is, in my opinion, exaggerated.

Yes there is huge social mobility from poor neighbourhoods but there is a difference between social and non social. If you go to private housing or former social housing there is a huge difference in how the properties are looked after. In social housing estates there is such decay and they rarely bother with gardening. Same with crime. Most people in prisons are from lower socioeconomic groups.

Hi guys, any new updates from Parklands ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shouroy

Hi All,
    I have booked and signed the contract for 3 bedroom house type 3 at Parklands. I was advised that the snagging date would be mid Sept but have not got a confirmed date yet. Anybody in the same situation?
    Can you please share with me if there is a whatsapp group of Parklands which I can join ?

shouroy wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have booked and signed the contract for 3 bedroom house type 3 at Parklands. I was advised that the snagging date would be mid Sept but have not got a confirmed date yet. Anybody in the same situation?
    Can you please share with me if there is a whatsapp group of Parklands which I can join ?

I tried to contact them to inquiry about the house we booked. They did not give us the info. about our house though but they told me that first up for viewing is Type 5, which is next week followed by Type 3. They didn't tell me which week exactly for Type 3, but will be soon "soon" itseems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Monasterevin Bush

Have a viewing on a type 3 in Downs on Saturday. Had previously heard that 5 and 3's would be the same time so I assume the type 5 buyers are viewing too. The roads are in on Downs, they seems snag ready bar a couple of the entrances. For the viewing itself, it will be a showroom standard, not everyone's respective houses. H&M said that the site team are collecting buyer contact details for snagging also.

Have a viewing on a type 3 in Downs on Saturday. Had previously heard that 5 and 3's would be the same time so I assume the type 5 buyers are viewing too. The roads are in on Downs, they seems snag ready bar a couple of the entrances. For the viewing itself, it will be a showroom standard, not everyone's respective houses. H&M said that the site team are collecting buyer contact details for snagging also.

Hi mate, so how was the home and the venture? Has it been developed as per your expectations? Have they given any date for snagging yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

RocioLS wrote: »
    Hi all,

Its usually just the 10%. Generally from what I have seen its usually the smaller homes the developer will offer up. 2/3 bed terrace. Some developments place them together but others they are scattered. But if a housing agency gets involved it could be alot more.

Guys, is there any neighbourhood watch in and around Parklands ? When my wife and I came to viewing/booking at Parklands, we also walked around Cuil Duin and we met a couple of guys living there. They told us that they have some sort of whatsup group etc., Nor sure if thats a neighbourhood watch. Any idea about neighbourhood watch?

hi guys, any news from the HM about the occupation? Last I heard from them is that they are waiting for ESB connection for the venture....anyone has any further updates? thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lollifer2010

Hi everyone, we were hoping to put a deposit down in one of these houses in the next few weeks but I came across the thread last night and it has turned me off it, our main concern in the parking, has anyone moved into the estate yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Does anyone think the new garters lane development will effect the estate at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ParkMM

Hi All,
    Mainly guys who had their snagging / architecture reviews done pls advise. Are these houses in parklands mainly the 3 bed ones are these just Timber built or a combination of brick + timber or just brick.
    Also in respect to that in comparison to other developers around in dublin is parkland making house similar in respect to the building material wise .
    I heard the Cuil Duin development is also made by Harcourt developers!
    Pls advise thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

ParkMM wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Mainly guys who had their snagging / architecture reviews done pls advise. Are these houses in parklands mainly the 3 bed ones are these just Timber built or a combination of brick + timber or just brick.
    Also in respect to that in comparison to other developers around in dublin is parkland making house similar in respect to the building material wise .
    I heard the Cuil Duin development is also made by Harcourt developers!
    Pls advise thanks!!

I can't speak for all the houses but I have seen some which are timber framed. I have some pics of the insides, if of interest please pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

The latest snagged houses have unfinished kitchen with substandard replacements. Earlier houses had similar to what was shown in show houses. What steps can someone take in this case? Check below pics:

qiYGDr3.jpg

C8138gD.jpg

And this is in the houses snagged few days back:
    VWfj8G6.jpg
    jwHUuvc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 borat2012

Hi Renjit, this looks totally nuts. I am just wondering what number is that on the picture?

borat2012 wrote: »
    Hi Renjit, this looks totally nuts. I am just wondering what number is that on the picture?

It's type 4 houses on Parklands Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 souvik2982

Hi @Renjit, could you please let me the house number that got snagged earlier where you saw the complete kitchen top cabinet.

Could you also please confirm that the washing machine you are showing in that snagged house, is that integrated?

I am asking this question because I spoke to someone who visited the newly built Type 4 house recently, and he confirmed that none of the newly built Type 4 houses are having a kitchen top cabinet and the washing machine is sticking out as you showed above.

Now, this is a huge discrepancy between what is shown and what is delivered, in this situation do you think we can take the help of a solicitor and get them fixed.

souvik2982 wrote: »
    Hi @Renjit, could you please let me the house number that got snagged earlier where you saw the complete kitchen top cabinet.

Could you also please confirm that the washing machine you are showing in that snagged house, is that integrated?

I am asking this question because I spoke to someone who visited the newly built Type 4 house recently, and he confirmed that none of the newly built Type 4 houses are having a kitchen top cabinet and the washing machine is sticking out as you showed above.

Now, this is a huge discrepancy between what is shown and what is delivered, in this situation do you think we can take the help of a solicitor and get them fixed.

Hi souvik2982

Seems the developer has accepted and resolving the issue for the missing top cabinet and the bare washing machine. But anything else will remain as it is (including the two basin design sink, different knobs on the 3 piece cabinet, plastic cover switch near the pilllar, lower height sink tap).

I would prefer the earlier sink as the functional space is reduced with the 2 basin design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lollifer2010

Renjit wrote: »
    Hi souvik2982

Seems the developer has accepted and resolving the issue for the missing top cabinet and the bare washing machine. But anything else will remain as it is (including the two basin design sink, different knobs on the 3 piece cabinet, plastic cover switch near the pilllar, lower height sink tap).

I would prefer the earlier sink as the functional space is reduced with the 2 basin design.

Do you know if flooring is included in the house?

Only bathroom flooring is included, that is generally a common standard everywhere

Renjit wrote: »
    Hi souvik2982

Thanks Renjit,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't follow the location of the plastic switch near the pillar, also do you have any email stating that the builder is ready to fix the issues.

• Advertisement

souvik2982 wrote: »
    Thanks Renjit,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't follow the location of the plastic switch near the pillar, also do you have any email stating that the builder is ready to fix the issues.

Check the virtual tour here for House Type 4. You will be able to verify details about the kitchen.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/parklands-parklands-citywest-dublin/4330721

Advertisement