Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‘Mart Bids’ app

• 03-11-2019 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I am just after coming across this app.

Just a pity no marts close to me are using it. Only seems to be a handful of marts using it at the moment.

Would seem to be very handy having to just arrive at the mart and pick up your purchases. Especially now the rise in part time farming.

Anyone on here use it before, is this the future ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

What did you find it good for?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭josephsoap

grassroot1 wrote: »
    What did you find it good for?

Apologies if I was unclear in the opening post, I haven’t used this app yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I tried it but couldnt find any use for it. Unless it helps now that you cant go through the stock in the yard?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnnyw20

I find it great at the calf sales in the spring for checking the date of birth and breed of the calf while looking at them in the pens. Makes it easier to pick out what to bid on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Yes Carnaross Mart has a similar website https://www.livestock-live.com/ its good for looking to see what cattle are making per / kg so if you are selling it can give you a realistic estimate what your cattle are worth, or if you spot an animal in the pens to find out age, movements and the likes but you wouldn't be buying cattle over the phone on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭MfMan

Useful for checking cattle you've an eye on that are coming into the ring soon. (Owners, age etc.) Use it for Ennis, Athenry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

MfMan wrote: »
    Useful for checking cattle you've an eye on that are coming into the ring soon. (Owners, age etc.) Use it for Ennis, Athenry.

Does it work in bsloe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭MfMan

Muckit wrote: »
    Does it work in bsloe?

Not showing up as being available on the app., so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

I registered today I thought I'd be able to see what prices cattle were making, but nope

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

lab man wrote:
    I registered today I thought I'd be able to see what prices cattle were making, but nope

You can see the prices and weights that cattle are making while the mart is still on. The details of price are not available after mart finishes I find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 pingg10

Why do they not show prices after mart finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

pingg10 wrote:
    Why do they not show prices after mart finishes

I don't know, I only copped it when I would be at work and oul lad be at Mart. It's a nuisance if you forget to check say before 3-4 on a mart day. But excellent to be able to take a screenshot of the weight and price if sold.

pure breed wrote:
    You can see the prices and weights that cattle are making while the mart is still on. The details of price are not available after mart finishes I find.

well I regd today thinking I could see what a bull would make while he was in the ring I had to leave before he was selling I was about 15 miles away while he was in the ring saw no price for him though

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

lab man wrote: »
    well I regd today thinking I could see what a bull would make while he was in the ring I had to leave before he was selling I was about 15 miles away while he was in the ring saw no price for him though

Did you have gps turned on your phone?

Mulumpy wrote:
    Did you have gps turned on your phone?

GPS, or location?

GPS, or location?

Location sorry. If you have it on while the sale is on you will see the prices if you are registered.

Mulumpy wrote:
    Location sorry. If you have it on while the sale is on you will see the prices if you are registered.

no matter how far away you are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The app has great potential if prices remained in place and more marts got involved.

no matter how far away you are ?

Not sure tbh. I'm half an hour from Roscrea but was able to keep an eye on proceedings today.

Advertisement