Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE STOLES

• 11-01-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

WE'RE A NEW ALTERNATIVE ROCK BAND BASED IN DUBLIN (THO WE'RE ALL FROM DIFFERENT PLACES IN EUROPE :)) CHECK US OUT ON WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/THESTOLES

ADVICE ON UPCOMING EVENTS AND PROMOTION IS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭The Stoles

we're on the look out for promoters/nights(battle of bands etc) in Dublin, any advice will be much appreciated...

new facebook page is now up.....we will be playing a gig on the 8th of feb..log on to facebook for full details and dont forget to like us if you really do ;)

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Stoles/287164824739207
    www.soundcloud.com/thestoles

• Registered Users Posts: 17 msc1

Sounds good

msc1 wrote: »
    Sounds good

Cheers, still quality isn't high standard :)

new demo up on soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/thestoles/face-of-the-nation

playing @ cuckoos nest (tallaght) on the 8th of feb, doors open at 8pm

• Advertisement

New website is up and running, check out www.thestoles.com

We will be featuring on Phonex Unplugged on Phoenix fm next monday 4/03/2013 at 10pm, tune in at 92.5 or online streaming at www.phoenixfm.ie

Dont forget to like our facebook page !!!!! :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Stoles/287164824739207

We are playing at THE PINT on Eden quay Dublin 1 on thursday 14/03/2013 at 10.20pm

All info on www.thestoles.com/news.php and http://thepint.ie/live-and-unsigned-battle-of-the-bands/

See you all there!!!

We are playing at THE PINT on Eden quay Dublin 1 tonight at 10.20pm

All info on www.thestoles.com/news.php and http://thepint.ie/live-and-unsigned-...-of-the-bands/

See you all there!!!

• Advertisement

New youtube channel www.youtube.com/thestolesband and www.reverbnation.com/thestoles

Playing THE PINT on friday 22/03/2013 for more info check our website www.thestoles.com

If there's any manager/management company interested in promoting our band and our forthcoming EP due at the end of next month, get in touch with us at thestolesband@gmail.com

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

I found the text on your website quite hard to read - I would consider changing that straight away.

Also, probably not a good idea to mention your old drummer in your biog - he may have been a big part of your past, but right now no one gives a sh*t (no offence). If you want labels etc to be reading this, then I would leave that bit out and only talk about the present / future.

I found the text on your website quite hard to read - I would consider changing that straight away.

Also, probably not a good idea to mention your old drummer in your biog - he may have been a big part of your past, but right now no one gives a sh*t (no offence). If you want labels etc to be reading this, then I would leave that bit out and only talk about the present / future.

Thanks for the tip but we
    Didnt start this thread for suggestions on how to build a band website, its for band promotion only and we would like to keep it that way without going off topic, if we require any suggestion on how to build a webpage we wil be more than happy to start a new thread in the right section.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jack31

@prettyblack: i am one of the band members; whereas the font suggestion might be useful, i do not really get your second comment. why should we not mention our ex drummer if he was the part of our band? will metallica also leave out dave mustaine or jason newsted in their bio profile? i suggest you check the definition of the word BIOGRAPHY and also make some research before you post your next comment in this thread/or any other (a written account of another person's, group's or organisation's life).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Guys. If you post threads in the Band Promotion forum you can expect people to comment. Prettyblack seems to be trying to be helpful. There's no need to be so defensive. Also please do not tell people where they can/cannot post - that's the mods job. Thanks.

@Miguel: suggestions are welcome but i didn't like the tone in which prettyblack uttered his opinion. it didn't sound like constructive feedback to me at all and was rather offtopic. anyway; back to the main subject which was defined in the opening statement of the thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

In future if you have problems with posts simply use the report post function.
    Although 'tone' is often miscontrued online I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Keelan11

I get tonnes of 'press packs' sent into my blog every month. If you want my advice i'd keep the bio simple and relevant to the current band setup. When you get to the same level as Metallica feel free to mention every drummer, guitarist and tea lady you like.

Keelan
    www.keelanfoley.wordpress.com

hi Keelan,

i have re-designed our website recently and as you can see the bio section has also been changed/minimised significantly.

Please just do your research properly before you post anything :)

thanks

Keelan11 wrote: »
    I get tonnes of 'press packs' sent into my blog every month. If you want my advice i'd keep the bio simple and relevant to the current band setup. When you get to the same level as Metallica feel free to mention every drummer, guitarist and tea lady you like.

Keelan
    www.keelanfoley.wordpress.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice Keelan, we will take that on board...feel free to check out our newly designed website and get in touch if you'd like to find out more about our band..perhaps a tiny recension on wordpress wouldn't be a bad idea :) lol thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Wow you guys do need to work on your attitude a little, you won't get anywhere being like that, especially as people are trying to help you and make suggestions. The second response was OK but Jack31's?

Anyway, the website is MUCH better now that the font has changed. And the biog has improved 100% as well - sure, I personally wouldn't even mention that you "were a four piece" but if its important to you then fair enough. Again, I'll reiterate that a label or anyone bothering with your biog won't be interested in what you WERE, but what you ARE.

@prettyblack: i'm glad you like our website more now. Greets :)

Hi all,

We are a 3 piece alt/rock band called The Stoles, we've been together for over a year now and our debut Ep is due out in couple of weeks.

Check out our website www.thestoles.com

We are looking for a manager/booking agent to help us out with organising gigs/marketing and promotions.

At the moment we are looking after every aspect of the business but we would prefer to have a manager on board so that we can concentrate on what we do best: create amazing music and rock every place and venue we visit :)

Anyone interested contact us at thestolesband[at]gmail[dot]com or pm us

Best
    The Stoles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Threads Merged

Our debut ep will be released in a matter of weeks but you can now preview all track just by clicking on the link below:

http://www.emeraz.com/artist.php?user_id=8006&pagename=albumdetails&type=all&album_id=lH90Qm4sngpMmxhM89i_KlDZsR5bWngxpVBUMa_9mqE

Feel free to leave comments and spread the word.

First single to be released will be "Protest Song" and will be out in the meddle of the month.

Hi Folks, hope you all had a great sunny weekend!! We would like to remind you that we are playing in Whelans(upstairs) this saturday 20/07/2013, Doors open at 8pm,€10 in, come over for a great rock'n'roll night and dance to the sound of our tunes "SHINE ON ME" "PROTEST SONG" and "ANOTHER ROAD TO RECOGNITION"..see you all there!!

Here's our facebook page, you'll find the link to the event there:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Stoles/287164824739207

We're playing a gig in THE MERCANTILE this saturday 03/08/2013 doors open at 8pm and €5 in,for more info go to our fb page:

www.facebook.com/thestoles

Cheerio

We've just released our first single called "PROTEST SONG", you can listen to it, share it and download it for free here:

http://soundcloud.com/thestoles/protest-song

It will be soon available on itunes, amazon mp3 and spotify..promo video will also be released shortly!!

THE STOLES

• Advertisement

"Protest Song" is now available on itunes and all other major online stores here the link:

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/protest-song/id688869970?i=688870278&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Promo video will be released shortly..

Advertisement