Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Frankie Whelan

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

They're reforming for a special going away party for wee "I have a cute face" Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Damn, I just found out that I have to go to Belfast this weekend with Tara to help her move. Where's Unky Dar going?

He's going to live in Canada... hence his big going away gig. I'm quite pleased to be playing it. Yarrr... pity you won't be there this Saturday.

Gig...

5th October

The Hub (Eustace st. ? .. under the Mezz in Temple Bar)

€5 entry (I think)

Doors @ 8pm

Line up...

Ebo

The Fury of Tim

Frankie Whelan

Kita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Unfortuently the order on the night changed and frankie was on first so i only made 2 mins of his set. :(

• Advertisement

Don't get me started on the order change... grr... I thought I was being put infront of a full band, which is fair enough and I'm used to it as a solo artist, but then it turns out it's a suspect acoustic duo (who played far too many covers)! I felt really hard done by, especially since the guy who did the re-arranging had no right to do so and did it with more then a little lying... along the lines of "well I discussed this with Mr. X and Mrs. Y and we've agreed you're on first". Only later I find out that Mr. X and Mrs. Y weren't even contacted. God damn.

I made some Danish fans though.. that was nice.

Free bacon and lego for Frankie!

... I think you're forgetting the pastries and Carlsberg John.... never forget the Carlsberg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

ugh!!! Carlsberg is feckin awful!!!

Careful now:
    banqq4.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

oh but it is...

Was in a pub there a while back, and this promo girl was getting people to sign up to some ****e, and if you do, you get a free pint. So we both did it and got free pints... we couldn't even finish em... uch!!!!!

Sawry:)

Lundi... take your damn Carlsberg slandering ways off my damn thread!

Gig Nov 3rd, Annesely House (sp?), doors at 9pm. €5 in. Supporting Urban Spiral.

Where the hell is that?

Think it's on the Northstrand road... to be honest I'm not exactly sure myself. It'll be an adventure to say the least.

Gig 5th December

The Hub

A big ol long set of fun...

Line-up ...

The Upgrades
    Terrordactyl
    Frankie Whelan
    Last Chance for a Slow Dance

€3/5

Doors at 8

Tonight (technically)

So I'm recording an album this year and I've a load of tracks, about 30 infact, that I was tempted to use. I cut them down to 21 and threw them up on the net for people to give me their opinion.

Now, some people might criticise me for doing this as it takes away from my artistic message or whatever, but I'm still going to ultimately pick the songs and help produce them, it's just a case of there being too many directions it might go in. It could be a nice soft and subtle album, or it could go in a more country way, or maybe go for the pop indie rock approach... I really don't know. I enjoy playing all my songs, I wrote them as memories for parts of my life, I can instantly recall what each song was about and why it was written, so it's too hard for me to cut out a song because I might have attached emotions that elevate it above the actual song it is.

So anyhows, if you feel up to it ... go to www.frankiewhelan.com (it'll just link you to my cpu page) and there you'll find a blog explaining what I need done and then in the audio section you'll find 21 songs.
    The songs are of varying quality and some are a bit rough. This was meant to be done months ago but I had a hard drive crash and all my work in progress recordings were lost, so some of them aren't the best representation of my vocals and others were recorded at differant times etc.

I'm always up for constructive criticism so please have a listen. The songs are all free to download so might be something to do while commuting or something.

Thanks

I have no idea how to edit the first post on the first page of this... it'd be handy for people not to have to slog through 3 pages, but anyhows, news...

Thanks to everybody who listened to my potential album tracks, I got a good response from most people and I think about 12 of the tracks were in the CPU top 10 (though they seem to only show one song per artisit).

I haven't pinned down the exact details of album recording as myself and the producer dude seem to be on a continuing diary check, so in the meanwhile I'm going to record an acoustic demo album called "Live in your Head"demo. Yup. If anyone is interested then send me a pm and I'll hook you up with the final product.

New random song on cpu.

"Road to Terneuzen" . Warning, it's more then 10minutes long

http://www.cpu.ie/frankiewhelan

• Advertisement
Advertisement