Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch (the second thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

New PTR changes look good.

Roadhog and Dva especially would become a lot more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How's Junkrat these days? Haven't played in probably a year now, but he was always my main.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,754 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How's Junkrat these days? Haven't played in probably a year now, but he was always my main.

He's not as popular on PC (Gold) now as he was a few weeks ago. The double shields are probably making people go with Doomfist instead of him at the minute. Mei and Reaper being picked a lot as well.

Pretty great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

He's pretty well suited to the current state of things, lots of shields to break down and bunkers to break with flanking/tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Homelander

getting very pissed off with this game as healer. Gold healing, 10 losses in a row. Wonderful.

Homelander wrote: »
    getting very pissed off with this game as healer. Gold healing, 10 losses in a row. Wonderful.

Unfortunately you'll always get a few fools. I've been lucky enough since role queue came in and it's never more than two or three games in a row where someone ruins the game on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Having a pretty solid experience, i get the odd abusive message like before but nothing major. If their only concern is ana didnt do enough healing it can't be too bad.

Have now lost 20 games in a row. Magical stuff.

Obviously that was meant to say 12, not 20! I finally won a game on lucky number 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm done with this.
    Can barely get a game as DPS (7mins wait? more like 12)
    Can't switch from tank to DPS if our guys aren't killing anything.
    Symmetra everywhere.
    Doomfist everywhere.
    Mei everywhere.

Game's wrecking my head and wasting my time.
    Last 3 games we had a disconnect (3 in a row!) after round 2, still had to play through the BS of 5v6 for 3 points.
    Lose even when you know your team was steamrolling 6v6.

Nah.
    Bye bye Overwatch, it was a fun 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm done with this.
    Can barely get a game as DPS (7mins wait? more like 12)
    Can't switch from tank to DPS if our guys aren't killing anything.
    Symmetra everywhere.
    Doomfist everywhere.
    Mei everywhere.

Game's wrecking my head and wasting my time.
    Last 3 games we had a disconnect (3 in a row!) after round 2, still had to play through the BS of 5v6 for 3 points.
    Lose even when you know your team was steamrolling 6v6.

Nah.
    Bye bye Overwatch, it was a fun 3 years.

You will be back. They always come back :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent played in about 18 months, i was planing to reinstall to see what the craic is but K.O.Kiki put a stop to that lol :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The game is better than it's ever been in ranked, long wait times for dps aside.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The game is better than it's ever been in ranked, long wait times for dps aside.

Have to agree here. Steamrolls are the least I've ever had. Can take losing if it feels like it was an even fight.

I like the system. I'm horrible at tanks though. I'm platinum DPS/Support (barely in Support anymore after losing a ton of games recently) but can't get past high silver for tanks! I mean I think I'm not quite that horrible but I've played so many games but can't get past that, so it's gotta be me. It's like a stain on my profile every time I see it. :P

If you get into a 3-6 stack as dps the queue is fine, solo q is rough. But you know, play a different role

When you guys mentioned wait times I assumed it was for competitive but I'm seeing 3-4 mins wait for support and tank while 7-8 for dps just for quickplay. I can't be arsed with that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dcully wrote: »
    When you guys mentioned wait times I assumed it was for competitive but I'm seeing 3-4 mins wait for support and tank while 7-8 for dps just for quickplay. I can't be arsed with that.

Classic quickplay is in arcade now, no role queue there.

Unit Lost have a preview up on his youtube channel for the Switch version. It looks pretty decent. Gyro control look pretty fun in handheld mode.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Classic quickplay is in arcade now, no role queue there.

Ah , i just clicked quickplay from main screen ie where it was last i played.

Unit Lost has a new video up showing some Switch gameplay. There's actually an option for gyro aiming. Was that announced before?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Unit Lost has a new video up showing some Switch gameplay. There's actually an option for gyro aiming. Was that announced before?

It was sort of shown in the announcement trailer, steering Junkrats riptyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dcully wrote: »
    I havent played in about 18 months, i was planing to reinstall to see what the craic is but K.O.Kiki put a stop to that lol :)

I think the game is the least fun it's been in a while. I've stopped playing since Sigma went live.

Role queue times are poor for DPS, being locked into a role which I thought might be good is actually dreadfully frustrating and the meta is the absolute ABSOLUTE worst it's ever been.

Whilst it's nice to add freshness to the game with new characters I think Blizzard sometimes need to admit a certain character just isn't adding anything and rather than buff/nerf it/other characters to try and jimmy it in they just need to delete it. We're also at a tipping point where they can't keep adding characters, it's just a mess to balance now as it is from a competitive pov.

Of course they can keep adding characters!

They'll nerf sigma/orisa and then itll be onto the next "worst meta".

I think the game is the least fun it's been in a while. I've stopped playing since Sigma went live.

Role queue times are poor for DPS, being locked into a role which I thought might be good is actually dreadfully frustrating and the meta is the absolute ABSOLUTE worst it's ever been.

Whilst it's nice to add freshness to the game with new characters I think Blizzard sometimes need to admit a certain character just isn't adding anything and rather than buff/nerf it/other characters to try and jimmy it in they just need to delete it. We're also at a tipping point where they can't keep adding characters, it's just a mess to balance now as it is from a competitive pov.

Have you considered switching?

I tell you who could do with an oul nerfin, invincy-sym

If you're a hard stuck dps I recommend trying ana, zen, hammond, hog, dva(bit crap at moment), even Zarya. You can really feel like you're popping off with these characters, you'll often find yourself in the elims medals. If you're worried they're not meta and you're stuck in gold then give your head a wobble and start playing other characters, worry about the meta when you're ready to go pro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

IvoryTower wrote: »

She got one a week or two ago - her beam width went down. It's actually a very noticeable nerf when you play her.

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »

Isn't there a nerf to come on the current PTR?

Advertisement