Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda districts/callsigns DMR

• 15-07-2019 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I was just wondering if the garda DMR districts have changed. I witnessed an accident over the weekend and spoke to a guard who said to contact him in Donnybrook. When he spoke in TO the radio, his Callsign was BE 101. I know it used to be EA 1. Have some stations changed districts hence changing callsigns.

Comments

I was just wondering if the garda DMR districts have changed. I witnessed an accident over the weekend and spoke to a guard who said to contact him in Donnybrook. When he spoke in TO the radio, his Callsign was BE 101. I know it used to be EA 1. Have some stations changed districts hence changing callsigns.

Stations are the same. The callsigns are Divisional. Came in after tetra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Stations are the same. The callsigns are Divisional. Came in after tetra.

Spot on, it is Divisional now. It used to EA Donnybrook EB Irishtown. Pretty pointless move changing it to be honest...I still used a certain callsign after the change out of habit lol

Spot on, it is Divisional now. It used to EA Donnybrook EB Irishtown. Pretty pointless move changing it to be honest...I still used a certain callsign after the change out of habit lol

It's confusing sometimes when you're radioing the station and trying not to call them by the mobile designation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

It's confusing sometimes when you're radioing the station and trying not to call them by the mobile designation.

I found it confusing at the start especially when we had a runner I didn't have time to correct myself and a pisstaker on the unit who was in the station said I'm going ahead with your request until you say my real name...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

DFB callsigns changed as well (for when Tetra eventually takes off)

Didn't last too long as they went back to the old ones soon enough. Some of the controllers were getting tongue tied when a big response was required.

• Advertisement
Advertisement