Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PDC World Matchplay - July 20-28 Winter Gardens Blackpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I think he'd lose some automatic invitations to the biggest events (or is that top 32?)

Look at Barney he’s just about in top 32 and gets invited to everything!

TbL

Do you know who the co-commentator is? His voice is going to take some getting used to. Is it the guy from ITV coverage?

I thought it was Devon P?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

I thought it was Devon P?

TbL

That would make sense, just haven't heard him on sky before.

101 avg and 58% on doubles, that'll beat most players, but absolutely no pressure from Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

MVG 13/8 thirteen to eight!! 13 to 8!... He's gonna win this, great price...

Gotya wrote: »
    MVG 13/8 thirteen to eight!! 13 to 8!... He's gonna win this, great price...

Don’t see any value in that, he looks vulnerable at the moment.

TbL

• Advertisement

Wattimena is a complete clown, what’s he expecting, Mensur to change his game and throw quicker just to suit him!! Not the first time he loses interest against slower throwers.

TbL

And it appears Mensur agrees :)

https://dartsnews.com/mensur-suljovic-aims-jibe-at-jermaine-wattimena-after-world-matchplay-thrashing/

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Don’t see any value in that, he looks vulnerable at the moment.

TbL

I wouldn't go anywhere near MVG at that price he was pretty poor yesterday his finishing in particular was poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Brilliant from Wright. Average over 110 for most of that match. Still think 9/1 is way too generous from the bookies. Tempted to back him a 3rd time

Brilliant from Wright. Average over 110 for most of that match. Still think 9/1 is way too generous from the bookies. Tempted to back him a 3rd time

Was just thinking that you’d got good value, he’ll be hard to beat, that’s for sure. His T19, T19 bull finish was beautiful

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Wright was great tonight but in terms of winning the tournament I just don't fancy him at all

• Advertisement

NDWC wrote: »
    Wright was great tonight but in terms of winning the tournament I just don't fancy him at all

Who do you fancy? He's playing the best darts over the last month. Easier draw. A final will do me because it's each way but I'd love for him to do it as a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Young Nathan Aspinall must be feeling fair sick, highest average of Rd1 , but beaten

Agree re Snakebite, he's the form player and has a reasonable route to the final
    Wouldn;t fancy him against MvG though

boomdocker wrote: »
    Young Nathan Aspinall must be feeling fair sick, highest average of Rd1 , but beaten

Agree re Snakebite, he's the form player and has a reasonable route to the final
    Wouldn;t fancy him against MvG though

He’s done well against MvG recently though?

TbL

He’s done well against MvG recently though?

TbL

Beat him in the European Darts grand Prix in the quarters or semis I think
    Final record is not good though, always looks beat to me before he even starts

I think Durrant could knock him out tonight . Great line up tonight

I think Durrant could knock him out tonight . Great line up tonight

Can’t see it, he’ll up his game massively for this one. Won’t want anyone questioning that he’s the worlds best. I can see Glen getting a thumping but I’m looking forward to the session

TbL

Can’t see it, he’ll up his game massively for this one. Won’t want anyone questioning that he’s the worlds best. I can see Glen getting a thumping but I’m looking forward to the session

TbL

It's been a long time since MVG upped his game. When's the last time he average 100+?

It's been a long time since MVG upped his game. When's the last time he average 100+?

11 matches I think?

I think that this match in particular will have him really motivated. BDO champ v PDC he want to show everyone who the big gorilla is :)

Can see him beating Glen by 4/5 legs

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

I heard on a recent darts podcast a mention of all possibly not well in MVG's personal life.

Wife problems maybe?

Tarzann wrote: »
    I heard on a recent darts podcast a mention of all possibly not well in MVG's personal life.

Wife problems maybe?

Heard of that porcast myself, although his family isn't in Blackpool they seem to be interacting alot on Instagram. Probably Bull

• Advertisement

Enjoying tonight so far.

Smith and Hopp was an entertaining match and Suljovic and Wade is shaping up nicely

TbL

Suljovic should be romping home here, he doesn’t like pressure!

TbL

Two great matches so far tonight. Suljovic will be kicking himself big time. Reckon the heat got to him he was terrible in the last few legs

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Savage finishing by Merv so far. 5/5 on the doubles.

Really didn't think Merv stood a chance in that game. Fair play. Gary was poor but still..

Fair play to King, thought he was going to let his head drop when Gary clawed back to lead 7-6, but he kept on attacking, and thoroughly deserved to win. Had he not bust the 120 earlier in the game I think he would have romped it. Very impressive.

Ando not at his best, good win for Merv though, some excellent finishing when he needed it

Never really warmed to Merv before but my god he was superb tonight, well done man

TbL

Never really warmed to Merv before but my god he was superb tonight, well done man

I was the same a few years a go, thought he was surley and dour, but have warmed to him recently, as i think I realised he just never bought into the "show" aspect, and he's just a normal darts player. I don't think he's ever going to win over the crowd (or even try) but I'd love to see him get back some of his old form, where he looked formidable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Reckon the heat got to him he was terrible in the last few legs

TbL

Bit like you when you were running.........

Advertisement