Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Lots of speculation on Twitter.

Usually all it ever is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Lots of speculation on Twitter.

Usually all it ever is though.

Russia and accidents aboard its naval vessels are pretty common ,too common at this point .

But that's a different thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »
    Russia and accidents aboard its naval vessels are pretty common ,too common at this point .

But that's a different thread

Have a read....

https://features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/us-navy-crashes-japan-cause-mccain/

I expect the British navy is in an even worse state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

I'll be honest and say the minute i heard about that Russian sub i said to myself there is more to this than we are being told. If Pence has been called back for emergency talks it all seems a bit weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Have a read....
    https://features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/us-navy-crashes-japan-cause-mccain/

British aircraft carriers removed the Harrier and since have had no planes on their carriers.
    An aircraft carrier which has no planes is a metaphor for uselessness, like a pub with no beer, or a car with no wheels.

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2017/07/peter-hitchens-an-aircraft-carrier-with-no-jobs-is-the-least-of-our-worries.html

• Advertisement

Have a read....

Think I'd definitely rather board a US ,EU , British military vessel rather than risk getting on to a russian floating coffin

Kimsang wrote: »
    British aircraft carriers removed the Harrier and since have had no planes on their carriers.

That's why they are getting the F35

At least they currently field the most modern carrier on seas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I'll be honest and say the minute i heard about that Russian sub i said to myself there is more to this than we are being told. If Pence has been called back for emergency talks it all seems a bit weird.

I seeing lot of rumors, but i think its fake news personally, internet crazy lke that.

If there was a military incident the US AWACs would be up in the air immediately, patrolling the west coast.Seeing nothing like this so i ruling out a military incident between Nato and Russia.

I have feeling he was called back for a meeting about something, best guess is Iran. It could be something else though.

If there was a military incident the US AWACs would be up in the air immediately, patrolling the west coast

Why

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Trump will say anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Yes Obama disliked Netanyahu and he signed the Iranian deal with other European powers, China and Russia to stop Israel from starting a war. If Obama listened to Israel there would be no deal in 2015.

Was not a terrible deal. All enrichment was watched closely by IAEA. They hated the deal because it allowed the Iranians to keep building missiles for defence. Israel wants Iran to be defenceless and be weak miitarily. Iran was not going allow inspections of their military sites. Israel is seeking to destroy the regime, the nuclear threat just part of the game.

You're bang on, Iran had fcuk all defenses when Sadam attacked and now Iran is making sure that will never happen again... Of course this doesn't suit Israel so it has its poodle pull out of the deal and try use sanctions and gun boat diplomacy to force Iran into a new deal that will be more favourable to them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

notobtuse wrote: »
    Nefarious actions in the past is quite relevant.

Does this apply to the actions of your own Government also? Or should we just blindly believe people like John Bolton?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Does this apply to the actions of your own Government also? Or should we just blindly believe people like John Bolton?
    It is good to review the actions of one's past, including ours. But you can't judge something on bad actions that's happened 200 years ago, or so, if most actions since those times were for the better. But, by all means, keep us on our toes.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Iran has threatened to seize a British oil tanker if the Iranian tanker detained in Gibraltar is not immediately released, according to the tabloids.

Very strange they sailed the supertanker full of crude oil from Iran, all the way around Africa, to get to Baniyas refinery in Syria, surely they'll miss their emission targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

It is good to review the actions of one's past, including ours. But you can't judge something on bad actions that's happened 200 years ago, or so, if most actions since those times were for the better. But, by all means, keep us on our toes.

The bul****tte meter is off the scale with this one.

The squirming nature of the reply has contributed to making your post almost unintelligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Iran has threatened to seize a British oil tanker if the Iranian tanker detained in Gibraltar is not immediately released, according to the tabloids.

Very strange they sailed the supertanker full of crude oil from Iran, all the way around Africa, to get to Baniyas refinery in Syria, surely they'll miss their emission targets.

Seized in an act of blatant piracy would be a more accurate description.

(Iran)They played the wrong game ,they got their very public final warning from trump if they try to seize a foreign vessel they will face consequences

Finding this explanation strange also. It was definately an Iranian tanker though.

UK military seized it, you find pictures online showing men with full combat gear onboard the ship. Its a form of piracy.

Iran tries to takeover a UK ship, there be action almost immediately from them.

UK military seized it, you find pictures online showing men with full combat gear onboard the ship.

Royal marine commando's

How is it piracy when the vessel was being used to bypass international sanctions ,

Royal marine commando's

How is it piracy when the vessel was being used to bypass international sanctions ,

Its ok for the UK to rob an oil tanker belonging to another country. Sorry not buying the US and UK explantation whatsoever for this seizure. Why would Iran be shipping a tanker full of oil to Syria? Syria has its own oil. I can understand if Iran shipped oil to Africa and then they boarded it to annoy Iran.

UK playing a dangerous game alongside the US.

Iranians gave the Americans a warning when they brought down a 100 million dollar drone. Iran not messing around.

America has not got the manpower or capabilities to take on the Shia population in the Middle East. War against Iran would cause serious harm to the world economy. Literally 40 per of world oil flows through the hormuz strait, just there. Never mind what happens if Saudis oil facilities are hit by Iranian missiles.

• Advertisement

The bul****tte meter is off the scale with this one.

The squirming nature of the reply has contributed to making your post almost unintelligible.
    Okay… I guess. The US is by no means perfect, but it is still considered the best. A Gallup survey notes that 1 out of 25 adults on the planet would move to the US if they could. That’s more than the next four countries combined. And we continue to try and get things right.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Its ok for the UK to rob an oil tanker belonging to another country. Sorry not buying the US and UK explantation whatsoever for this seizure.

Iranians gave the Americans a warning when they brought down a 100 million dollar drone. Iran not messing around.

America has not got the manpower or capabilities

It could well be weapons related ,it's not the first nor the last time an Iranian ship has been boarded usually it happens off the coast of Africa by Israeli forces .

America might not have the man power to take on all the shias in the middle East but they can strike any where in Iran 24/7 with impunity ,

I see it's been claimed Israel has breached Iranian airspace regularly the last few weeks undetected too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Okay… I guess. The US is by no means perfect, but it is still considered the best. A Gallup survey notes that 1 out of 25 adults on the planet would move to the US if they could. That’s more than the next four countries combined. And we continue to try and get things right.

In very recent history the US has destroyed many countries and killed hundreds of thousands of people, many innocent men, women and children. To get people to fall into step and support such actions the US has lied about the reasons for war, in Iraq its was WMD's in Vietnam it was the Gulf of Tolkin incident. I dont believe now that John Bolton will tell the truth about why he wants to destroy Iran. The USA is the bad guy here when it invades and destroys peoples lives.

I am sure parts of the US are great to live in but that does not mean much to a family that has lost a love one through US imperialism.

BloodBath wrote: »

Trying to get things right with constant illegal wars

Iraq yes ,
    Afghanistan definitely no
    Yugoslavia no
    Central America maybe

Remember alot of what America got involved with post ww2 was actually worth doing Russia occupied Eastern Europe and had exported their brand of communism around the world , including the south Americas

Or would be be happier having our own chairmans red handbook , something that rarely gets mentioned is other countries inventions

BloodBath wrote: »
    Oh look, a brainwashed yank.

Trying to get things right with constant illegal wars resulting in the deaths of millions and the displacement of tens of millions. You haven't got a war right since WW2.
    "...constant illegal wars resulting in the deaths of millions and the displacement of tens of millions."

Where in the world do you come up with this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Iraq maybe yes ,
    Afghanistan definitely no
    Yugoslavia no
    Central America maybe

Remember alot of what America got involved with post ww2 was actually worth doing Russia occupied Eastern Europe and had exported their brand of communism around the world , including the south Americas

Or would be be happier having our own chairmans red handbook , something that rarely gets mentioned is other countries inventions

Have you entirely lost the run of yourself?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Have you entirely lost the run of yourself?

Auto correct . * Now fixed *

Maybe was only supposed to be at the end of Central America

Iraq was definitely yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Christ, when your approval ratings are so low, start a war. Trump is bollixed though. The Americans are wise to this now. His military bullsh went down like a lead balloon.

Trump is seventy-odd. These voters are 30s. They're not stupid.

It won't work. He's done for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Auto correct . * Now fixed *

Maybe was only supposed to be at the end of Central America

Iraq was definitely yes

Just to clarify here - yes a good thing, or yes an illegal war and bad

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Odhinn wrote: »
    Just to clarify here - yes a good thing, or yes an illegal war and bad

The invasion of Iraq was not a war, it was an invasion to steal oil. It didn't work. The US are still there now.

An attack on Iran will be an invasion, not a war. It will be the last ditch attempt to stoke support in a failed Presidency. There is zero support for it. Trump is done for.

Advertisement