Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Switching insurance for Self-Drive 3.5 Ton Horse Van Hire

Options
  • 13-06-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm looking to hire a self-drive 3.5 ton van from Kildare Horse Transport. Unfortunately, my insurance company will not allow me to switch my insurance onto this vehicle.

I understand from speaking to KHT that customers have been able to switch their insurance and I wanted to find out if anyone is insured with a company that will allow them to do this. You can drive a 3.5 ton on a B licence so there are no licence issues.

Grateful if anyone knows of any insurance companies that would allow me to do this - I am happy to switch providers/pay more for a policy.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I would imagine they have switched commercial insurance over as it’s also a commercial vehicle.

Companies in Ireland will not allow switching private insurance policies onto commercial vehicles, or the other way round either.

Advertisement