Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a murderer (Netflix)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Just watching the final episode now and it’s on the phone call between Barb, Scott and Steven.
    You’d wonder is Brendan better off locked away from these freaks.
    What got me was Barb, when SA suggested her husband might have done it, her denial was just "I was with him all day"

Not, "he'd never do anything to hurt anyone".

Just "he didn't have the chance"

And who buys leg irons????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I believe that it's all from Brendan's 'confession'.
    Brendan says that they stabbed her in the trailer and cut her throat, but she wasn't dead. The detectives then led the story to the garage where the spend casing was found.
    Brendan initially says it happened outside but was then persuaded that it happened inside which puts the final bullet in the garage near the casing.

Yea the bullet that never passed through a human body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

long_b wrote: »
    What got me was Barb, when SA suggested her husband might have done it, her denial was just "I was with him all day"

Not, "he'd never do anything to hurt anyone".

Just "he didn't have the chance"

And who buys leg irons????

Plus he was only with her from 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just finished this last night, thought it was really good.

Scott really showed his through colours on that phone call. I'd be of the belief that Steven Avery is innocent. Hard to believe that he's been in jail now for 31 years possibly for crimes he didn't commit.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Yea the bullet that never passed through a human body

Not necessarily, it never passed through a head/skull as there was no bone fragment on it.
    But given that the previous owner of the gun said that he used to shoot at everything including the barn with the gun, it's most likely the bullet came from there or from the Averys doing something similar.

I've spent some time in that neck of the woods and they love their guns, particularly for shooting gophers. A girl I know there got her first .22 when was 9 or something and used to shoot gophers with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Not necessarily, it never passed through a head/skull as there was no bone fragment on it.
    But given that the previous owner of the gun said that he used to shoot at everything including the barn with the gun, it's most likely the bullet came from there or from the Averys doing something similar.

I've spent some time in that neck of the woods and they love their guns, particularly for shooting gophers. A girl I know there got her first .22 when was 9 or something and used to shoot gophers with it.

Which makes it all the crazier when Ken Kratz argues that Brendan's confession was 100% genuine and valid because he gave "never before released" information on how the crime happened. In the interview I'm talking about he says, with his slimy voice : "he told investigators what gun was used to shoot her" as if it was a shocking revelation. Like the young fella wouldn't know what guns his uncles have. Jaysus. Not even in rural Ireland would you find that unusual. I know dozens of young fellas who would know exactly what gun the uncle shoots rabbits with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Avery's blood found on the dash of Theresa Hallbach's car.

If the blood came directly from Avery's finger as the prosecution have said,

It would be a clear clean sample.

If the blood was planted (blood from previous blood sample) as the defense has stated,

That blood would have been stored in a Vacutainer,

Vacutainer tubes may contain additional substances that preserve blood for processing in a medical laboratory. ... The additives may include anticoagulants (EDTA, sodium citrate, heparin) or a gel with density between those of blood cells and blood plasma.

If there is EDTA on the sample on the dash, it may be evidence of blood being planted.

If not....then Avery may put it there

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

If the blood was planted (blood from previous blood sample) as the defense has stated,

Vacutainer tubes may contain additional substances that preserve blood for processing in a medical laboratory. ... The additives may include anticoagulants (EDTA, sodium citrate, heparin) or a gel with density between those of blood cells and blood plasma.

If there is EDTA on the sample on the dash, it may be evidence of blood being planted.

That's being addressed in season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

That's being addressed in season 2.

Have only watched 4 episodes so far, guess I will see soon.

Thanks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's the bit I don't get - if SA was in the jeep and the blood did come from his finger , (not planted there ) , why was there no fingerprints on the steering wheel ?

He must not have had gloves on for the blood to have smeared where it (supposedly ) did ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The blood stains look suspiciously strange too. Very unnatural looking or something.

The blood stains look suspiciously strange too. Very unnatural looking or something.

When you put it all together , it just doesn't completely add up , for me anyway .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When you put it all together , it just doesn't completely add up , for me anyway .

+1

Also, isn't it unlikely that, in a murder through stabbing, gunshot, and other slashing, there should be nearly more blood from the perpetrator 's cut on his hand than the victim's?

If he cleaned up the victim's blood so carefully in the trailer and garage, how could he overlook his own blood in the car, and the boot ? If he couldn't be bothered, why didn't he crush the car or dump it elsewhere ? How could he just go up North to the father's cabin knowing the car with his blood was on the scene ?

If he is a mastermind of deception for other aspects of the case, how could he be such a blundering fool for this ?

+1

Also, isn't it unlikely that, in a murder through stabbing, gunshot, and other slashing, there should be nearly more blood from the perpetrator 's cut on his hand than the victim's?

If he cleaned up the victim's blood so carefully in the trailer and garage, how could he overlook his own blood in the car, and the boot ? If he couldn't be bothered, why didn't he crush the car or dump it elsewhere ? How could he just go up North to the father's cabin knowing the car with his blood was on the scene ?

If he is a mastermind of deception for other aspects of the case, how could he be such a blundering fool for this ?

Exactly ! None of it makes sense ,imo .

To shoot and then dismember someone, surely the amount of blood , bodily fluids etc , would have taken hours to clean up , let alone be cleaned so thoroughly that there was no bone fragments found anywhere in the garage or his trailer ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Am I right in saying very little of the body was actually found? Only a few bones which they couldn't determine were human or not?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Am I right in saying very little of the body was actually found? Only a few bones which they couldn't determine were human or not?

There were human bones found and blood splatter and hair. Nothing else.

In relation to the blood on the dash, it's suspected that it came from the sink in Avery's place, it looks like it was wiped on from a swab. When the team are recreating, they nearly get an identical shape. The same with the blood on the door frame, it looks like it was dropped from a lab dropper yokie.

The ex boyfriends room-mate having the day planner with notes from the day of the murder should be the key piece of evidence used for any further investigation in my eyes. Everything else looks compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I can't recall now, but was it established in the first series as to the whereabouts of Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey at the time of the murder? Had they claimed to have gone hunting together? Or did Tadych say he went hunting by himself while Bobby hunted near where Tadych lived?

What I would really like to see is the collated evidence each of the Avery, Dassey, and Tadych family gave in relation to what they knew about the day it happened.

40 to 60% of a human skeletal remains were recovered. Don't think they could categorically say all bones recovered were human.
    I can't recall now, but was it established in the first series as to the whereabouts of Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey at the time of the murder? Had they claimed to have gone hunting together? Or did Tadych say he went hunting by himself while Bobby hunted near where Tadych lived?

What I would really like to see is the collated evidence each of the Avery, Dassey, and Tadych family gave in relation to what they knew about the day it happened.

Bobby says he met Scott down the cross in the road as he was heading off hunting, so Scott could confirm time he left. They just crossed and exchanged a few words in their cars. Don't think Scott went hunting with him but not sure.

Bryan (other brother) said in an early conversation with Bobby, he told him Steven couldn't have done it because he (Bobby) had seen her leaving in her car. Bryan was never called to testify so this statement was never used in the defense.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Bryan (other brother) said in an early conversation with Bobby, he told him Steven couldn't have done it because he (Bobby) had seen her leaving in her car. Bryan was never called to testify so this statement was never used in the defense.

I think the defence really messed up here. Surely they knew about this so I can't fathom why they didn't call him to testify.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I think the defence really messed up here. Surely they knew about this so I can't fathom why they didn't call him to testify.

I think that Bryan's account wasn't touched based on the findings on his computer.
    Getting him to testify by either prosecution or defence could be a disaster.

Not really mentioned in the doc, but the defence wouldn't want anything being said against another family member as it would just paint the picture that the whole family are bad eggs....which is the consensus already in Manitwo pre trial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

I think that Bryan's account wasn't touched based on the findings on his computer.
    Getting him to testify by either prosecution or defence could be a disaster.

Not really mentioned in the doc, but the defence wouldn't want anything being said against another family member as it would just paint the picture that the whole family are bad eggs....which is the consensus already in Manitwo pre trial

Unless it’s from another source other than the documentary, there is no evidence that there was discovery of incriminating evidence on Bryan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Panrich wrote: »
    Unless it’s from another source other than the documentary, there is no evidence that there was discovery of incriminating evidence on Bryan.

I presume that Boom_Bap meant to say Bobby and not Bryan.

Yeah, I'm getting all the brothers with name starting with B all mixed up :D

Boom_Bap Dassey is another one

Boom_Bap Dassey is another one

Up to no good like the rest of them :)

Up to no good like the rest of them :)

**deletes browser history**

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Officer999

I feel sorry for Steven's parents. It was heartbreaking watching some of their scenes.
    Especially when his poor father forgot his wallet with his photo ID and couldn't see Steven on his birthday.

Officer999 wrote: »
    Especially when his poor father forgot his wallet with his photo ID and couldn't see Steven on his birthday.

Am I the only one who felt he did that on purpose? I got the impression he didn’t want to visit, be it out of sadness or awkwardness or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Officer999

Am I the only one who felt he did that on purpose? I got the impression he didn’t want to visit, be it out of sadness or awkwardness or whatever.

Actually it did cross my mind. His probably also not as deaf as he makes out too!

Advertisement