Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Fantasy XV

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

Just the standard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The Windows version is GOTY by default AFAIK. It's going for €40 right now on the razer store https://eu.gamestore.razer.com/games/role-playing-rpg/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-835438.html Has denuvo DRM though.

I think the GOTY in Argos is 32 euro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think the GOTY in Argos is 32 euro.

Go with that one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just about to start into this on PC, have not played a FF game since FF10 on the PS2 maybe 18 years ago...

• Advertisement

Did PC players prefer playing with keyboard and mouse or gamepad???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I played a friend's copy from start to finish on keyboard and mouse. I was fine with it. Can't remember if I rebound any controls but I usually do. I think I played once or twice with a gamepad when there was a glitch where the car doesn't start without one. Just about the only cool thing is being able to flick your camera super fast to a teleport spot to replenish your MP. Tad bit slower on stick with that.

Seems easier on controller alright, I can see myself sinking a large amount of time into this game

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I'm playing this now in between Borderlands 2. I decided to start with the tutorial and I'm glad I did. The controls are nonsense. Circle to attack, square to dodge??? Switched to control type B which isn't good either but way less annoying than type A.

Controls are fine in my opinion. In what way is having those actions mapped to those buttons nonsense? If I recall correctly the Witcher 3 was similar, just flipper; square to attack and circle to dodge. I've played through FFXV twice now and have never thought the controls were poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Need some advice:

I've just reached the infamous chapter 13 and it's giving me the option to either play as Noctis or play as Glad and Iggy.
    I've heard awful, awful things about chapter 13 with Noct before the patch and would rather not subject myself to it if I can help it but then I've heard there is quest item you can only get as Noctis during the chapter? What is that quest item?

I don't care about the story anymore as it's nonsensical so only care about gameplay consequences so what are the pros and cons of playing as one or the other?

Thanks!

I think it's his Father's sword. It's not too bad and you can change from either path in the save rooms. This is where I gave up completely as at the end of it there's a boss that I have no hope in hell of defeating and there's no point in even trying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I decided to just do Noct's path. Wasn't too bad actually but then again I was overlevelled, had the mag exo suit which meant I literally couldn't take damage and use of the royal arms didn't drain my HP too much. I'm also playing this game 3 years later post patch and apparently the ring is super powerful now than it was at launch. Overall took me roughly 2 hours to complete that chapter. The boss was rather easy too imo. A shame it put you off. Can I ask what level you were and what gear you had equipped?

I've beaten the main campaign and have a lot of mixed feelings on the game overall. Every time I want to really like FF15 it does something that infuriates me and yet there's something about it that keeps me playing.

I honestly can't remember. Happens to me with nearly every FF game. Playing Zodiac recently enough, running around doing laps of the world to level up only to come to a rock tortoise that takes ZERO damage and wipes out my party in a couple of hits.

Too frustrating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Speaking of turtles (tortoise) I defeated Adamantoise. I know there are ways to cheese this boss fight but I did it legitimately. It was tedious at first but as it came down to the second half of Adam's health it got more intense and when I realised I was going to win i started to grin. Won't be bothering with that level 120 boss though. :D

I've nearly got the platinum, just need to max out Survival and Fishing. Survival is currently at 9 and fishing at 7. Fishing will be easy but I think I'm gonna go the rubber band route with Survival now for that final push - why on Earth would they think anyone would want to run around such a huge map with a stamina bar as opposed to riding a cute chocobo or using fast travel or the Regalia??? So many odd design choices in this game.

Most tedious fight of the game, took me four hours and I nearly ran out of potions as well.

Advertisement