Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced version of QScad?

• 20-09-2019 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a good reasonably priced program that allows you to accurately measure from dwg files?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Does anyone know if there is a good reasonably priced program that allows you to accurately measure from dwg files?

To expand on what I am looking for is a program to accurately measure areas and lengths from dwg and pdf versions of floor plans and elevations. For example if I receive a floor plan in pdf or dwg files I am looking to calibrate a scale based on the linear dimensions stated on the drawing, which would then allow me to get accurate area quantities by clicking on relevant points.

I have been in contact with Autodesk via email and they are advising me that Autodesk Recap would be suitable. I have downloaded the free trial version but am having difficulty converting pdf and dwg files in rcp files in order to use them in Recap.

Any advice? Has anyone opinions or experience using Recap?

Advertisement