Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch (the second thread)

• 05-09-2019 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Role lock in qp can feck off. The fun mess around part of Overwatch is now a sweaty worse version of comp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,632 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Role lock in qp can feck off. The fun mess around part of Overwatch is now a sweaty worse version of comp.

Normal quick play is in Arcade now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

that was the plan i believe, havent checked it mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

And comp is awful with this meta, I think it's time to take a break from the game. It's totally broken.

i'm not a fan of the double shields but not having too much trouble with, teams seem too disorganised to really take advantage of it. I like that pharah is actually a good pick for a change with all the mei/sym/reaper about. Because of the dps queue I'm almost always playing wrecking ball or ana, love both of them. My ana is terrible but it's great that I can have my own rank for her in gold and then can play my hamster games in diamond. You know you've played the game too much when you'd rather be a gold ana than a diamond moira

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Just in case there's any confusion, the previous thread reached its 10,000 post limit so have closed it off and started this new one with the most recent posts.

Old one is here for posterity or if you need to check back for anything: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057322610

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hello new thread.

Looking forward to the Switch version of this in October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The current meta is worse than goats.

Just a big shieldy bunker with an invincibility generator, and mercy behind damage boosting.

Blizzard clearly haven't a clue how to balance this game at all.

I don't know if that's entirely fair. It's a massive change going from balancing a team that can be anyone to a team that's always 2-2-2. Lot's of changes will be incoming to take the new setup into account I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Out of curiosity, why does a thread need to stop at 10k post?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

nix wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why does a thread need to stop at 10k post?

Just a technical limitation, apparently puts the servers under pressure once it goes over. Or something. I just lock the thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I finally came back to this as I needed a game less intense than Tekken 7 to play for a bit.
    Bloody hell, no one can deal with Symmetra it seems.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Bloody hell, no one can deal with Symmetra it seems.

I thought that too. She was wrecking me last night, slowing me to a crawl with the turrets and then melting my face with the beam.

The frustrating part is that I'm losing to bunker+Sym setups.
    So we seemingly HAVE to run our own shields to get past a choke - but that just gives Sym extra charge on her beam.

IDK if I'll stick around for long. DPS queue is seemingly impossible - waited 10 minutes without getting a game, haven't even got my DPS ranking yet since it takes so long.

yeah she's a nightmare, the amount of people that will run into fight after fight dying while never attempting to shoot the turrets, its painful to watch when you're playing support. "oh look here he goes again!"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah some people have a serious blindspot with the turrets, they will just ignore them and die.

The frustrating part is that I'm losing to bunker+Sym setups.
    So we seemingly HAVE to run our own shields to get past a choke - but that just gives Sym extra charge on her beam.

IDK if I'll stick around for long. DPS queue is seemingly impossible - waited 10 minutes without getting a game, haven't even got my DPS ranking yet since it takes so long.

I don't know how they'll make it faster, you'd have to assume that a lot of dps will switch to tank/healer and then a lot will just play cod etc for their pew pew. I'm barely playing dps now the way it is, I was always flex player so not too bothered but can feel myself getting worse at playing dps without the practice

Even dafran has played support since role queue came in :pac:

The way things are at the minute if your good with Pharah you should do well. The Sym Reaper combo wont be able to kill you so you'll get very little pressure and can work away uncontested.

Mei is very good against Reaper, on defence at least and decent against Symmetra.

I wonder if any of the OG Sym players are still around. Would be fun times playing here now.

OG sum?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    OG sum?

Sym.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The way things are at the minute if your good with Pharah you should do well. The Sym Reaper combo wont be able to kill you so you'll get very little pressure and can work away uncontested.

I'm a Pharah main, I just can't seem to get games as DPS :(

I'm a Pharah main, I just can't seem to get games as DPS :(

Queue times are long for DPS because the majority of people want to be the Pew Pew guy.

I play healer most and a decent bit of tank. Longest I've waited so far was about 3 minutes.

this is like payback for all the instalock dps's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

IvoryTower wrote: »
    this is like payback for all the instalock dps's

All the 12 year old Genji mains have surely abandoned the game for Fortnite at this point.

I really wonder if role lock will make it past a season.

Role lock is here to stay imo. Most of the player base are happier from what I can see on reddit.

I think it will stay. The structure it gives is invaluable. Played in a four stack last night and we were able to win 8 out of ten working as a unit, even when we had DPS not chipping much. Comparing that to the 5 DPS 1 healer nightmare the game had become, I never want to go back.

I notice it doesnt show you what stacks are in the game, I assume they're allowing say a 4 stack play against randoms to speed up the queue, would certainly mean grouping up has a massive advantage now. Sometimes when soloing the other team seem remarkably in sync

I think I'm only going to play on weekends or during the day now. At least people seem to try to work together somewhat. Evening times are a bit of a joke.

Edit: got a nice POTG with Moria. Took point one straight away and pushed with Ult for the second point.

• Advertisement

He shoots little Lego bricks as well :pac:

Advertisement