Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2018

• 22-12-2018 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Just to wish everyone who visits us here in the asylum a very happy Christmas and also a happy healthy New Year. May 2019 bring only lovely new memories to one and all. Anyone still sending Christmas cards? I'm still popping them out as every year. Does anyone do what I do, i.e. creeping on tip toe around the neighbourhood delivering cards by hand in neighbours' letter boxes trying not to be seen. They come into our letter box in the same way. I never see the the Christmas pixies who deliver them. Its almost like twenty Santas prancing around the streets! Joy to all!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've sent only about 10 out of 45, the rest have been or will be hand-delivered (I've left it very late, as usual...).

Happy Christmas to you too, Jellybaby, and to everyone here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hand delivered a few to family and a couple of neighbours hand delivered to us but 60+ went in the post.

Happy Christmas to all the old duffers out there; keep the heads up and march defiantly into 2019.🎅🤶🎄

Good health and good fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Happy Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous new year to you all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

(Belated) Happy Christmas and hopefully one more year of good banter and craic here to you all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Yes, I remember it well - rushed into hospital the Friday before Christmas with a temperature of 39.6 C. Sepsis! Stayed in for 3 weeks,

• Advertisement

Lol, I was just out of an emergency 8 days in hospital after a procedure in one of our posh private hospitals went wrong due mainly to carelessness. I was well looked after in Waterford UH but was still hardly able to walk, sit or stand so Christmas was a blur of not doing anything much, though well looked after by my lovely daughter in law. This year is looking more promising, and we should even have a 'finished' house!

Bit early to be offering season's greetings - you do realise its only 5 weeks away... will start a new thread for that in due course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

It seems on the 21 December 2018 I was in quite a chirpy mood. So very sorry to hear what you went through campingcarist and Looksee. Hope this year will be a lot better for you both. I'll refrain from sending greetings yet too as its still quite early for it. Having said that I feel my S.A.D. enveloping me at the moment, maybe by the 21st December this year I'll be in a better place emotionally!

Honestly JB I think the SAD is coming down with the rain, or low pressure or something. I had no reason - beyond finally getting fed up with the destruction and reconstruction going on around me - to feel out of sorts but I was way out of it yesterday. It never really got light yesterday, today was a bit better but still lots of rain. Anyway hope the veil lifts soon for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

The rain is plummeting down at the minute. The raindrops must weigh a ton!

Advertisement