Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Frazer has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Janfebmar does make some valid points though.
    Several of Frazer's family including his Dad were murdered by the IRA/Republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,300 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Janfebmar does make some valid points though.
    Several of Frazer's family including his Dad were murdered by the IRA/Republicans.

Everybody killed and injured was part of somebody's family...how many loudmouth, bigoted, troublemaking agitators did it result in?

Frazer's activity shows that healing is retarded if you have somebody like him agitating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Everybody killed and injured was part of somebody's family...how many loudmouth, bigoted, troublemaking agitators did it result in ?

Many thousands. Ooops, I forgot you thought none of the loudmouth, bigoted,troublemaking agitators were on the Republican side.

We see the agenda of janfebmar wonderfully displayed. It isn't about Willie Frazer, it isn't about any of the many sad tragic victims of the conflict/war it's about the 'republican side' and that alone, always about the 'republican side'. Everyone else can be held up as heroes of the piece, just to get at the 'republican side'.

Willie Frazer's sad and pointless agenda to a tee.

Hang on a minute, Janfebmar is quite rightly pointing out facts. Willie Frazer was a victim in more ways than one.
    His Republican enemies ran out if time, so Frazer was never shot, but several of his family were, hence his mission....

Frazer died of cancer just last week.

I do understand that some of you guys on here are staunch Republicans, but maybe you could show some respect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Doesn't count if she or he "condemns all paramilitaries from either side" though Francie.

Refusing to separate paramilitaries/Brutish security forces is where the argument becomes a bit flawed though.

Hang on a minute, Janfebmar is quite rightly pointing out facts. Willie Frazer was a victim in more ways than one.
    His Republican enemies ran out if time, so Frazer was never shot, but several of his family were, hence his mission....

I do understand that some of you guys on here arevstaunve Republicans, but maybe someme respect?

Gloss over his bufoonery and nasty sectarian streak because he recently died?

Also, are you using your keyboard while driving or what's the story?

I do understand that some of you guys on here are staunch Republicans, but maybe you could show some respect?

And I offered my condolences on his death and he was a victim like many many more were.

Using him, as janfebmar is and like she does with certain selective victims, as a way to get at 'the republican side' is disgusting and should always be called out for what it is = Agenda driven bile.

We see the agenda of janfebmar wonderfully displayed. It isn't about Willie Frazer, it isn't about any of the many sad tragic victims of the conflict/war it's about the 'republican side' and that alone, always about the 'republican side'. Everyone else can be held up as heroes of the piece, just to get at the 'republican side'.

I am equally critical of Loyalist paramilitaries but nobody here on board.ie ever defended loyalist paramilitaries or said they were right, where as there are more than a few provo supporters on the site / people who thought the provost and Republican paramilitaries were right.

Do you not think the people who ordered or committed the ethnic cleansing (as many saw it) , like in the Kingsmill attacks etc, had a nastier sectarian streak? Rather than the victims like Willie Frazer?

• Advertisement

Also, are you using your keyboard while driving or what's the story?

I'm not a Republican, nor do I have any Loyalist sympathies either, I'm new here, so I better just butt out and leave you guys to it. I'll make sure to steer clear of NI sectarian stuff in future.

I'm not a Republican, nor do I have any Loyalist sympathies either, I'm new here, so I better just but out and leave you guys to it.

Stay and see what she routinely does. Have a look at her posting history and it is always the same agenda...get at the republican side and use any means, any sad and tragic victim she can to do it.
    Then when called out for it, state loudly that she condemns all sides.

Who she thinks she is fooling with that one... god knows!

I make no bones about who I primarily blame for a conflict/war that should never have happened. But I don't exploit individual tragic victims to do it.

But I don't exploit individual tragic victims to do it.

You condoned the murder of many individual Protestant tragic victims, that is the sad part. I condemn and always have condemned the paramilitaries on both sides. You just condemn them on one side.

I'm not a Republican, nor do I have any Loyalist sympathies either, I'm new here, so I better just butt out and leave you guys to it. I'll make sure to steer clear of NI sectarian stuff in future.

See what she is doing now HC, no matter how many times you say that you condone none of what happened, she will lie.

Why?

Because I primarily blame the responsible government, the British one, for what happened. And that you cannot ever do in janfebmar's world, the British can never be criticised because 'republicans, the RA, something something something...'

Willie Frazer's tactics too and that is why he died as a sad tragi-comedic figure that nobody could reason with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Odhinn

janfebmar wrote: »
    Firearms (northern Ireland) order 2004. Read it for yourself. It is not like America where everyone can carry a gun. Just as well too I think.

You stated

Hand gun licences are refused to 99% of the population for much the same reason

Frazer was refused because he was an associate of UVF members. Where is your source that says 99% of refusals are for "much the same reason"?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

You condoned the murder of many individual Protestant tragic victims, that is the sad part. I condemn and always have condemned the paramilitaries on both sides. You just condemn them on one side.

No you don't J. You continually made excuses for them such as "maybe they were scared" or "because republicans threaten them ect ect".

steddyeddy wrote: »
    No you don't J. You continually made excuses for them such as "maybe they were scared" or "because republicans threaten them ect ect".

Rubbish. I always condemned them (the loyalist paramilitaries). I understand why the paramilitaries on both sides existed but I condemn the paramilitaries on both sides. You just condemn them on one side.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Rubbish. I always condemned them (the loyalist paramilitaries). I understand why the paramilitaries on both sides existed but I condemn the paramilitaries on both sides. You just condemn them on one side.

Actually no you don't. You always make excuses for the loyalist terror groups.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Actually no you don't. You always make excuses for the loyalist terror groups.

I always condemned the loyalist paramilitaries, and said what they did was very wrong and that the British security forces were right to arrest and jail so many of them.
    You and Francie however fail to condemn the Republican paramilitaries. You always make excuses for them. To be consistent, you should condemn all paramilitaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Dear readers of the thread, I present a list of members of the mass-murdering Glenanne Gang. As we can see the list is populated by members of the so-called 'security forces'. So when people talk of condemning terrorism by loyal/unionists they tend to ignore that the so-called security forces were 'up to their knees in Fenian blood', as it were.

The Glenanne Gang.

John Oliver Weir - RUC.
    William "Billy" McCaughey- RUC.
    Billy Hanna - UDR.
    Robin "The Jackal" Jackson - UDR member and an alleged RUC Special Branch agent
    Robert McConnell - UVF and 2nd Battalion UDR corporal.
    Laurence McClure - UVF volunteer and RUC SPG
    James Mitchell - an RUC Reserve.
    Robert John "R.J". Kerr - UDA commander.
    Harris Boyle - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Wesley Somerville - UDR soldier and a UVF lieutenant.
    Gary Armstrong - RUC sergeant.
    Captain John Irwin - UDR intelligence officer
    Thomas Raymond Crozier - UDR, and UVF.
    James Roderick McDowell - UDR, and UVF
    John James Somerville - UDR
    Norman Greenlee - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Gordon Liggett - (UDA).
    William Ashton Wright - UDR soldier.
    Joey Lutton - UDR.
    Laurence Tate - UDR
    William Thomas Leonard - UDR
    Ian Mitchell - RUC
    David Wilson - RUC

What we should also be cognisant of is that of the 120 murders thought to be connected with the Glennane Gang only one, yes one, could be considered a belligerent, the remainder were innocent Catholic people who were often business people. Unionist terrorism wasn't directed at the Provos as the media would have us believe, it was against the ordinary innocent Catholic man.

• Advertisement

Dear readers of the thread, I present a list of members of the mass-murdering Glenanne Gang. As we can see the list is populated by members of the so-called 'security forces'. So when people talk of condemning terrorism by loyal/unionists they tend to ignore that the so-called security forces were 'up to their knees in Fenian blood', as it were.

The Glenanne Gang.

John Oliver Weir - RUC.
    William "Billy" McCaughey- RUC.
    Billy Hanna - UDR.
    Robin "The Jackal" Jackson - UDR member and an alleged RUC Special Branch agent
    Robert McConnell - UVF and 2nd Battalion UDR corporal.
    Laurence McClure - UVF volunteer and RUC SPG
    James Mitchell - an RUC Reserve.
    Robert John "R.J". Kerr - UDA commander.
    Harris Boyle - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Wesley Somerville - UDR soldier and a UVF lieutenant.
    Gary Armstrong - RUC sergeant.
    Captain John Irwin - UDR intelligence officer
    Thomas Raymond Crozier - UDR, and UVF.
    James Roderick McDowell - UDR, and UVF
    John James Somerville - UDR
    Norman Greenlee - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Gordon Liggett - (UDA).
    William Ashton Wright - UDR soldier.
    Joey Lutton - UDR.
    Laurence Tate - UDR
    William Thomas Leonard - UDR
    Ian Mitchell - RUC
    David Wilson - RUC

What we should also be cognisant of is that of the 120 murders thought to be connected with the Glennane Gang only one, yes one, could be considered a belligerent, the remainder were innocent Catholic people who were often business people. Unionist terrorism wasn't directed at the Provos as the media would have us believe, it was against the ordinary innocent Catholic man.

Information about the levels of this collusion will continue to enter the public realm.
    What Willie should really have been asking was why were those responsible for everybody's welfare and security engaged in a secret killing spree.

Information about the levels of this collusion will continue to enter the public realm.
    What Willie should really have been asking was why were those responsible for everybody's welfare and security engaged in a secret killing spree.

90 % of the murders between 1971 and 1989 in Fermanagh / south Tyrone were committed by Republicans. Yes there were some bad apples in the security forces, but hundreds of thousands served there during the troubles, and it is clear most of them acted lawfully. I condemn fully the actions of the uvf/ uda just as I condemn the actions of the pira / inla etc.

Willie Frazer was not a member of the UVF so you are deflecting from the subject again. How about you condemning the members of the paramilitaries - all of them for once?

90 % of the murders between 1971 and 1989 in Fermanagh / south Tyrone were committed by Republicans. Yes there were some bad apples in the security forces, but hundreds of thousands served there during the troubles, and it is clear most of them acted lawfully. I condemn fully the actions of the uvf/ uda just as I condemn the actions of the pira / inla etc.

Willie Frazer was not a member of the UVF so you are deflecting from the subject again. How about you condemning the members of the paramilitaries - all of them for once?

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=90+%25+of+the+murders+between+1971+and+1989+in+Fermanagh+%2F+south+Tyrone+were+committed+by+Republicans&forum=&user=901555&date_from=&date_to=

The person who claims to be a neutral now wishes to exploit the deaths and victims in a particular area because it suits her narrative that the republican side were the baddies. :):) Pathetic and I couldn't be bothered going to the trouble of pointing out how many of those where colluding with or in security forces because it would be once again ignored and deflected from.

There was a war/conflict and it is thankfully over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

There was noone in the UVF stupid enough to give Willy a real gun, he'd have blown his toes off.

There was noone in the UVF stupid enough to give Willy a real gun, he'd have blown his toes off.
    So now you are making insulting remarks about a deceased person, who lost 6 close family members as a result of Republican terrorism, because he spoke out for the victims of terrorism. Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So now you are making insulting remarks about a deceased person, who lost 6 close family members as a result of Republican terrorism, because he spoke out for the victims of terrorism. Classy.
    Speaking of "classy" - You stated

Quote:
    Hand gun licences are refused to 99% of the population for much the same reason

Frazer was refused because he was an associate of UVF members. Where is your source that says 99% of refusals are for "much the same reason"?

Odhinn wrote: »

Frazer was refused because he was an associate of UVF members. ?/QUOTE]

Was it because he was an associate of the UVF ( what is an "associate" of the uvf) or because it was thought he once associated with a uvf member? Whatever the reason, the vast majority of ordinary citizens in N Ireland cannot get a licence for a handgun, and that is a good thing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Lots of people lost people. They didn't set up bogus so called support groups and start seeing dasterdly fenians behind every bush.

• Advertisement

They didn't set up bogus so called support groups .

Neither did Frazer. His support group did highlight at least some of the ethnic cleansing (as many saw it) of protestants in border areas.

Advertisement