Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I can knit again ! During the heat my hands would get sweaty making the needles sweaty and the wool stick to them . Now it moves along nicely and I dont need a tea towel in my hand to rub the needles every two seconds !

I learned to hate knitting in school, I couldn't turn the heel on a sock, and was forced to bring it on for the next four classes, when I left school, the heel still hadn't been turned :D

Th- No more school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Back yet again on Aer Lingus vouchers. Not only do they charge an admin fee of €8 or whatever, the name needs to be the exact same as the Passport. Which is ridiculous at they let you pay with any old card whatsoever.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

razorblunt wrote: »
    Back yet again on Aer Lingus vouchers. Not only do they charge an admin fee of €8 or whatever, the name needs to be the exact same as the Passport. Which is ridiculous at they let you pay with any old card whatsoever.

Are you sure you're in the right thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

New Home wrote: »
    Are you sure you're in the right thread?

I ... I am not!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whocanibe wrote: »
    I learned to hate knitting in school, I couldn't turn the heel on a sock, and was forced to bring it on for the next four classes, when I left school, the heel still hadn't been turned :D

Th- No more school :D

So did I .. we had a dragon of a old teacher ( post war England; they had to bring the old wans out of retirement ) who used to cast on stitche s so tight on wooden needles then tell me to knit. Used to dread her seeing I had done nothing, as i could not get anywhere and would sweat and fret ( 5 years old) I got caned once over that.. :eek:
    When I did finally progress to a doll;s scarf, it had so many holes in it the teacher sent me all round the school to every class so they could all see m y disgrace.

That was aged 7

I did not knit again for years - and at that time there were no shop bought jerseys so everyone knitted

THEN! started as a teenager, and straight to Irish Arans.. have knitted for the export industry here and never happy unless knitting. Totally addicted

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    Getting my house cleaned up again. During heatwave I hadn't the energy to do only the minimum. Today I'm pulling out beds and sofas and hoovering like mad. Time for a boards break, and another pear!

Getting READY to get my place sorted.. ;)Happy at that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Music. I love it so much and it makes me happy a lot. Love doing stuff like gardening or tidying or shopping with the headphones in.

This reminds me that I've been off work on holidays over a week now and haven't had a good music binge yet, going to rectify that later this evening, will go to my dinning room where I have my shelves of cds (yes I'm still on the old cd format) and listen to an hour or two of my music with a few beers, TH with that plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Heated up one of those small white roundy rolls from Lidl in the airfryer this morning and it came out so crusty and fresh I did a bit of a dance before I got it to the table and another one after I ate it.

(It was only bought last night, and no one was around to see my dad dance moves.)

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Ortis Deley calling the year "two hundred, 2011" at that year's World Athletics Championships. It may have been a mistake but I found it very entertaining for some reason.

time... ending... yawn.. have a lovely evening everyone... off to feed the hens, cats, dog... eggs galore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Pulled into the car park at Aldi, and in the space in front of me just so happened to be my old car. TH that even though it's 16 years old, it's still going strong for someone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GoneHome wrote: »
    listen to an hour or two of my music with a few beers, TH with that plan :D

*Strokes goatee thoughtfully*

Now there's an excellent idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Off to see Ms Bianca Del Rio in the BGE Theatre

That the festival is nearly over... I can hear the loud music across the island... last boat off is I think 8.30 .. So glad folk had a great time.

*Strokes goatee thoughtfully*

Now there's an excellent idea!

It's about to begin Seph, few bottles of beer chilling in the fridge all day, very warm in dinning room so patio door open, no neighbours so music will be cranked up:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's about to begin Seph, few bottles of beer chilling in the fridge all day, very warm in dinning room so patio door open, no neighbours so music will be cranked up:D

Important question now................what beer?

Important question now................what beer?

This is the let down - it's only bottles of Bud, €16 in Tesco for the box sure what can you do :D

This is the let down - it's only bottles of Bud, €16 in Tesco for the box sure what can you do :D

Better than nothing ;3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

Kindred spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Watching a storm from an apartment in a sky scraper. There's something calming about being inside when there's chaos outside. Also just saw one of the lightning rods on the other high buildings get struck by lightning, which is pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Kindred spirits.

Now I want to binge listen to music with a beer too !

But I've no beer.
    But I have Martini Rosso !
    But I've no ice.
    *gets up to fill up ice cube tray*

TH I was at the garden center today, and I got a new little tree. Well, it's a japanese maple, so *very* little. I'm going to plant it somewhere I can see it from my kitchen window, so I can track the leaves' colour changes throughout the seasons.

There's great happiness in buying plants for the garden. I love driving home, and no matter how bad the day at work was, the sight of a new plant or tree doing well cheers me up.

Ok we've had Kris Kristopherson, Neil Young, Joe Cocker, Credance Clearwater Revival, Fleetwood Mac, Luke Kelly, Kings of Leon, we're on The Clancy Brothers now, our taste in music is random to say the least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

But I've no beer.
    But I have Martini Rosso !
    But I've no ice.
    *gets up to fill up ice cube tray*

TH I was at the garden center today, and I got a new little tree. Well, it's a japanese maple, so *very* little. I'm going to plant it somewhere I can see it from my kitchen window, so I can track the leaves' colour changes throughout the seasons.

There's great happiness in buying plants for the garden. I love driving home, and no matter how bad the day at work was, the sight of a new plant or tree doing well cheers me up.

I love Japanese maples ! But be careful its not in a windy spot , they hate our chilly winds on their leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Ok we've had Kris Kristopherson, Neil Young, Joe Cocker, Credance Clearwater Revival, Fleetwood Mac, Luke Kelly, Kings of Leon, we're on The Clancy Brothers now, our taste in music is random to say the least :D

Memories... or the wine , I'm not sure which :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A kid who is heading off to university asked me for some advice on how to make the most of his time there.
    I don’t often get solicited for advice so thrilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Sitting out in the garden watching the antics of the birds at my bird-feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My visit to killaloe this afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

That first mug of coffee in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

That first mug of coffee in the morning.

Tea! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bought some hot weather t-shirts in Dunnes yes, for a change in colours I bought one in a medium.

IT FITS!!!!!!!!
    Not snug either.
    THTHTHTH

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement