Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

honeybear wrote: »
    All good here Auto. I’m on weekend countdown.

Good to hear HB :) I hope your enjoying your Kevin viewing ;):D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sitting on bed thinking.
    Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside myself and I feel I haven’t spoken to you guys in ages so how is everyone :)

Ever since your favorite man came on the scene, you've forgotten all about us.....

*runs off bawling*
    honeybear wrote: »
    All good here Auto. I’m on weekend countdown.

I've a question for you honeybear, if Kevin McCloud is no longer your favorite man, who is so ? 🤔🤔

Yea my favourite man is just the best :) Sorry Seph :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Cheers Pretzill. I'm of the "older" generation, late feckin 40s and no big deal. The marketing people are 10 years younger. It was disrespectful to me and the younger people who display great talent in our field, but sadly they tolerate this bullying BS.

I hope Mr P's illness is a coping one for you at the least. Mrs G had an acute stroke two years ago and still isn't the woman I knew. But she's still with me and that's all that counts.

I have beer on a Wednesday. Have the wine.

When I was gaining experience on the business I'm in I actually learned an awful lot from the 'older' generation. I feel that people seem to feel it's a fault to do that now - there's little humility about it too :(

Same thing with Mr P, Grandeeod, a brain injury from stroke would you believe - it's tough but like you say he's here and things could have been much worse.

*raises wine glass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pretzill wrote: »
    When I was gaining experience on the business I'm in I actually learned an awful lot from the 'older' generation. I feel that people seem to feel it's a fault to do that now - there's little humility about it too :(

Same thing with Mr P, Grandeeod, a brain injury from stroke would you believe - it's tough but like you say he's here and things could have been much worse.

*raises wine glass :)

Clinking my bottle of beer back!

Heading for the leabha. Need sleep before dealing with the eejit tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Clinking my bottle of beer back!

Heading for the leabha. Need sleep before dealing with the eejit tomorrow.

Excuse me, The Morketing Executive. He's ever so important ... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hitting the sack , sweet dream to yis all 😴😴💤💤

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Nestside. Tremendous!

Grandooed, keep us posted about the morketing jerkoff.. hopefully they’ve learned some manners and professional etiquette by then... however it’s unlikely...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the sofa, TV on in the background, watching a history programme. Chilled.

Looking forward to an art exhibition I have a couple of pieces of my work in tomorrow. :)

Duvet I thought of you :D

Night all :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In the cot. Again. Pie and bake off were had, then a little nap. Now reading a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

One of those nights when nothing is coming easily, sitting in a first class seat that the captain didn’t want to give to us, and literally haven’t got a clue as to my travel plans when we land in Paris, their cunning plan was to drive us for 6 hours to Basel. When we stopped laughing at that plan, we discovered that there wasn’t a plan “B”😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yikes hope that you aren't left staring at your feet somewhere :(

Autosport wrote: »
    Duvet I thought of you :D

Night all :)

As it happens I'm at the airport, had some toast and coffee followed by a g&t..at the gate now,its like a Saturday night here,not a seat to be got at the bars and serious drinking going on,I feel so virtuous, well I'm awake now 24 hrs so tbh I'm afraid to drink anymore in case I get drunkies...

Ciao lads,enjoy work lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Have a wonderful trip Duvet!!!

Bon Voyage Duvet :)

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bon voyage Duvet, have a great time.

I’m slowly gaining consciousness in the bed. Sneaky mid week day off today, meeting friends for lunch and a laugh.
    But first coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....And I'm standing in the twilight now, Yeah I'm standing by her side, I'm gazing in that gate of dreams underneath the midnight sky, cos there's a diamond sun everywhere she goes...

Morning all,

It's a dark grey one although no rain overnight 9C

Kitchenside with coffee...just about enough daylight to have the breakfast..the struggle is real...:D...but I may have some divilment to look forward to :)

Enjoy the break DD

Seven Worlds will Collide

As it happens I'm at the airport, had some toast and coffee followed by a g&t..at the gate now,its like a Saturday night here,not a seat to be got at the bars and serious drinking going on,I feel so virtuous, well I'm awake now 24 hrs so tbh I'm afraid to drink anymore in case I get drunkies...

Ciao lads,enjoy work lol.

Safe travels *waves white hanky*

I rather be anywhere but the work canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Give it a lash DD!

Strapping on my gun beltðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Nespresso and (almost) a balcony.
    Who am I?! :D
    https://ibb.co/0Cchgkz
    https://ibb.co/vYH2kjm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Nespresso and (almost) a balcony.
    Who am I?! :D
    https://ibb.co/0Cchgkz
    https://ibb.co/vYH2kjm

Have 6 Nespressos and post back here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Have 6 Nespressos and post back here. :D

Who would be so reckless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Give it a lash DD!

Strapping on my gun belt/QUOTE]

Hope today goes ok ! Kitchenside peace and quiet and a cuppa :)
    Grey day here drizzle and windy . Starting new painkillers today here’s hoping !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Tea and then an errand to run. On foot. It's raining.

Today I was encouraged to use Instagram for my work. The bit of encouragement must have sunk in. Suddenly I feel ready to go into business properly. See how I feel later. I struggled to juggle everything before, and the online side of a business was not my forte.

Love the lyrics you post, CH

When I was away from Boards some of the names changed. I'm wondering how Cleo is doing but she could be here under a different name. If so hi, hope you're feeling well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have a wonderful time Duvet , don't forget to cone back to us !

Having a coffee , listening to the rain falling , think I'm getting the plague that's going round.

Widdershins , Cleo had changed her name , but sadly closed her account a while back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

In work working on saving the world.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work working on saving the world.

I can put the feet up today so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sitting in the sun (oh no not rubbing it in. Gob****e) at Citron Bar Seville, trying not to laugh out loud like a weirdo, I am reading This Is Going To Hurt by Adam Kay..it's hilarious..

I'm off work with a broken hand, I may as well be in Spain, rather than looking at the rain trying to break the glass...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at work and embracing the 21st century by setting up Apple Pay on my phone. Have also installed an app from the local coffee shop so I get my loyalty points by tapping. Or something somesuch.
    Knowing my luck my bank accounts will be cleared out by the weekend and I will be debt to the coffee shop for life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement