Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sorry for the rant folks. Much more relaxed now.:D

Kitchen table. Laptop. Beer. Looking forward to the homemade burgers with mash, peas and pepper sauce later.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Pizza time starving haven’t eaten all day
    Got flu jab today feel like I have a dead arm :(
    Hope everyone had a nice day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thanks Eleysian , the peace is lovely :)
    Will eventually settle , I assume it's the same feeling for anyone who hasn't moved house for a few decades , we'll get there !

Hope things are good with you ?

I am grand thanks Mam. I am speaking at a conference on Friday afternoon and will be glad when it’s is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Eleysian wrote: »
    I am grand thanks Mam. I am speaking at a conference on Friday afternoon and will be glad when it’s is over.

Ooh , best of luck , it will be fine and treat yourself Friday evening when it's over !

Watching Grand Designs Revisited here , the Huf house one , Kevin was calling for you Honeybear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Grandeeod that age, experience comment would make me see red too ≥﹏≤ enjoy your beer!

Mam Mr P is okay (longterm illness brings good and bad days)

I'm contemplating wine on a Wednesday not always a good idea (~_^)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ooh , best of luck , it will be fine and treat yourself Friday evening when it's over !

Watching Grand Designs Revisited here , the Huf house one , Kevin was calling for you Honeybear :)

Mam, thought I had Kevin all to myself! It’s one of the best episodes. Couple are adorable!

Pretzill wrote: »
    Grandeeod that age, experience comment would make me see red too ≥﹏≤ enjoy your beer!

Cheers Pretzill. I'm of the "older" generation, late feckin 40s and no big deal. The marketing people are 10 years younger. It was disrespectful to me and the younger people who display great talent in our field, but sadly they tolerate this bullying BS.

I hope Mr P's illness is a coping one for you at the least. Mrs G had an acute stroke two years ago and still isn't the woman I knew. But she's still with me and that's all that counts.

I have beer on a Wednesday. Have the wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

@Mam, thanks. I am out and free! Thankfully :)

Couchside watching Chicago Fire.. started watching the other day, not a bad show.

That’s some fancy spending you’re doing Leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Feeling good after a 2 hour progress meeting with my boss's boss. I was on fire, fluent, gave a great presentation with no slides, painted a picture of what we were doing and where it all fit in. Boss was delighted as it made her look good. It’s been hard, she’s pushed and pushed but I think we're beginning to find our groove at last. Having a celebratory early night!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

@Mam, thanks. I am out and free! Thankfully :)

Couchside watching Chicago Fire.. started watching the other day, not a bad show.

That’s some fancy spending you’re doing Leg!
    That €12 won't spend itself! Hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Thanks Mam.
    Just to let you and Honeybear know I am a longtime fan of Kevin too. I love those Huf houses btw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Pretzill wrote: »

Cheers Pretzill. I'm of the "older" generation, late feckin 40s and no big deal. The marketing people are 10 years younger. It was disrespectful to me and the younger people who display great talent in our field, but sadly they tolerate this bullying BS.

I hope Mr P's illness is a coping one for you at the least. Mrs G had an acute stroke two years ago and still isn't the woman I knew. But she's still with me and that's all that counts.

I have beer on a Wednesday. Have the wine.

Someone I loved had a stroke and changed in many ways, mostly mentally and emotionally though... but I know what you meant about not being the person they were before :(

my heart goes out to you and Mrs G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, full after dinner :) tomorrow's my day off, wonder what shenanigans I get up to

Mr bird out bringing little bird for a walk in the hope he will go to sleep ..... I’m like a zombie couchside with hot water bottle and painkillers
    Must look at this Kevin fella ye are on about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That €12 won't spend itself! Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Leg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

May set up our own KFC , he has quite a following here it seems ! The Huf houses are fab , and they were such a lovely couple indeed HB , such positive energy :)

Someone I loved had a stroke and changed in many ways, mostly mentally and emotionally though... but I know what you meant about not being the person they were before :(

my heart goes out to you and Mrs G.

Dealing with the initial physical problems was one thing that was easiest after a spell in the NRH. Did wonders for her. These days we are left with the mental and emotional side of things and the fatigue. Good days, bad days and nowhere days. But it's different. Not long after her stroke, Mrs G. talked about the new "reality" we face. It is a new reality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and yellow snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Kevin! CH4 from 21:00Hrs :)

Hope you are all doing OK

Tired dog making plans to limp of to bed :o

Deskside with a cupan tae and yellow snack.

Is it just me or are the yellow snacks tasting totally different these days ?

• Advertisement

On the couch..cases packed for long weekend away,enough clothes for a month,I am the world's worse packer, its absolutely ridiculous. Anyway trying to get some sleep before driving to the airport, trying not to worry about the flight, feeling guilty that I should be upbeat about going away but totally apathetic, if it was cancelled right now I wouldn't care tbh,I'm actually a homebird and prefer holidaying in Ireland for 2 nights and then I've enough of it...I know I'm a right moany cow atm lol..on a better note there seems to be lots of shooting stars tonight, I've made 2 wishes so far.

Edit..just read Grandeeods post and I don't mean to sound so flippant about stuff..my moans are beyond trivial in comparison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skybirdjb wrote: »

You're not wrong!
    On the couch..cases packed for long weekend away,enough clothes for a month,I am the world's worse packer, its absolutely ridiculous. Anyway trying to get some sleep before driving to the airport, trying not to worry about the flight, feeling guilty that I should be upbeat about going away but totally apathetic, if it was cancelled right now I wouldn't care tbh,I'm actually a homebird and prefer holidaying in Ireland for 2 nights and then I've enough of it...I know I'm a right moany cow atm lol..on a better note there seems to be lots of shooting stars tonight, I've made 2 wishes so far.

Watcha wish for?

You're not wrong!

Watcha wish for?

That yellow snacks and Brunchs tasted like they did back in the day.😛

Skybirdjb wrote: »

Not just you Skybird. I've often commented on them here. A nasty sugary/sweetened taste. Not so choco/biscuit anymore.

Edit..just read Grandeeods post and I don't mean to sound so flippant about stuff..my moans are beyond trivial in comparison.

Its all okay these days DD. We get on with it and everyone else is very entitled to moan and be as trivial as they want. I had a work related rant earlier that Mrs G. doesn't even know about. Get on that aircraft and enjoy yourself!:D

Eleysian wrote: »
    Thanks Mam.
    Just to let you and Honeybear know I am a longtime fan of Kevin too. I love those Huf houses btw
    honeybear wrote: »
    Mam, thought I had Kevin all to myself! It’s one of the best episodes. Couple are adorable!

Kevin is a beautiful name 😛😀

That yellow snacks and Brunchs tasted like they did back in the day.��

Hmmm 🤔🤔

I would have wished for the same 😀.

That yellow snacks and Brunchs tasted like they did back in the day.��

I went for the good old reliable kit kat with my tea can’t go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch flicking around the music channels. I’m sure there’s something more productive I should be doing though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside myself and I feel I haven’t spoken to you guys in ages so how is everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

All good here Auto. I’m on weekend countdown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement