Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Frazer has died

• 28-06-2019 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Victims campaigner Willie Frazer has died. He was 58.

He was the founder of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives (Fair), a group set up in 1998 to support victims of republican violence.

Mr Frazer stood down from the group in 2012 after its funding was frozen.

His father Bertie, a part-time member of the Ulster Defence Regiment, was killed in an IRA gun attack in 1975. He was one of several family members murdered by republicans.

Mr Frazer was also involved in the flag protests at Belfast City Hall after the council decided only to fly the union flag on designated days in 2012.

He faced several allegations of misspending cash given to his victims group with funding being withdrawn more than once. He dismissed the claims as political.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48705602

Couldn't stand the guys politics and thought he often poisened the debate the NI, founding extremist groups like the protestant coalition, but he was a victim of the troubles and clearly his views were affected by his father's murder and I don't wish his family any ill will. RIP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Okay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Don't tease me op!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Willie obviously had mental issues related to the troubles but he always said straight out what was on his mind, I always got a great laugh off his facebook rants, for humour alone he will be sadly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Willie obviously had mental issues related to the troubles but he always said straight out what was on his mind, I always got a great laugh off his facebook rants, for humour alone he will be sadly missed.

frazer_06.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

One bigot less (condolences to his family though)

A massive move forward for community relations......but he did raise some valid points about his fathers killing.....but went looking for answers off the wrong people imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

David Ervine was the biggest loss to the working class Protestant people of Northern Ireland

Had he been still alive things would be very different today

This head case dragged his community backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

One less bigot in the world, won't be missed and hopes he rots in hell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Odhinn

David Ervine was the biggest loss to the working class Protestant people of Northern Ireland

Had he been still alive things would be very different today

This head case dragged his community backwards

A protestant lad from a loyalist background was murdered by the UVF (as far as I remember) in Frazers area. Willy, far too concerned with keeping in with his UVF buddies, was of no assistance to the family and they had to go to the SF represenative for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Allinall

It’s a shame Ali isn’t still around.

He would have wanted to go to the funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

frazer_06.jpg

Bw-Oh-RQi-CMAAFRb2-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I disagreed with almost everything Willie had to say.

I disagree with this thread equally, nothing good will come out of it. Leave the man alone now, it's only his people left to be hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Good riddance, rotten scumbag.

_

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Bigoted scumbag. No ****ing loss at all. One less orange supremacist in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He is gone now having added nothing positive to society.

Doubt his idol Lizzie Windsor even knew who he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Isn't it funny seeing people wishing him to rot and calling him a bigot for his beliefs failing to see the irony and hypocrisy they are spewing?

Not just here BTW, other social media also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ulster says no one cares

Isn't it funny seeing people wishing him to rot and calling him a bigot for his beliefs failing to see the irony and hypocrisy they are spewing?

Not just here BTW, other social media also.

There's no sentiment low enough for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He indulged an intersting fact once in an interview with Pat Kenny.

He played Gaelic football for a year as a teen. He said it was a great game.

Billy Wright was another orange supremacist who played club football up to minor level in south Armagh.

I could say the same about the likes of Gerry Adams.

I am in no way political, have zero interest in any of them. They're all as bad as each other IMO, posts and chat like this just annoy me though.

Fair play.

At least your trying.

• Advertisement

I could say the same about the likes of Gerry Adams.

I am in no way political, have zero interest in any of them. They're all as bad as each other IMO, posts and chat like this just annoy me though.

Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

He indulged an intersting fact once in an interview with Pat Kenny.

He played Gaelic football for a year as a teen. He said it was a great game.

Billy Wright was another orange supremacist who played club football up to minor level in south Armagh.

One of headmen in the lvf was a catholic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭buried

None of them spew up from the ground of their own accord.
    You put a state sanctioned bootheel on the collective throats of half your society, expect the reckoning.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Odhinn wrote: »
    A protestant lad from a loyalist background was murdered by the UVF (as far as I remember) in Frazers area. Willy, far too concerned with keeping in with his UVF buddies, was of no assistance to the family and they had to go to the SF represenative for help.

That’s mad, shame SF won’t help the families locate the bodies of those that their “bosses” killed.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 51,118 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Silly Frazier dead???
    I didn’t see that flegged anywhere.

You obviously have no clue who he is. One of the biggest bigots on this island. A horrible scumbag. Fcuk Frazer, even he mocked grieving families of Catholics who died. Wasn't he one of the dirtbags behind the Love Ulster riot in Dublin? Some legacy he has.

See my post above re Gerry Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

"It was the IRA gave me cancer so it was" - Wullie frazier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Odhinn

That’s mad, shame SF won’t help the families locate the bodies of those that their “bosses” killed.

...there's been confidential co-operation for years, but the fact is that many of those involved in the killings and burial were either killed or died.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

See my post above re Gerry Adams.
    Whataboutery at it's finest. This thread is about Willie Frazer. You can be sure Adams will be getting plenty of abuse when he passes by the same types defending Frazer.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...there's been confidential co-operation for years, but the fact is that many of those involved in the killings and burial were either killed or died.

How do you know, if it’s confidential?

Advertisement